• Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario 3D World

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Super Mario Odyssey

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I adored 64DS. It was such a fun game to play concurrently with friends and tell each other about secrets and stars and stuff we found funny (especially while playing the minigames). I can tell it's not objectively the best though (the dpad...ow...) and I haven't played enough Mario to answer.

Edit: oh, I didn't realize this was bumped from 2017 and so I can't answer the poll. I'm all for reviving discussions but...

Last edited:
Super Mario Odyssey may be bigger and better, but Super Mario Sunshine will always be one of my favorite Mario games.

Super Mario Sunshine is one of my favorites, even if I was never able to finish this game (as I stuck
at one point and didn't had a GameCube later to try it again), I had lots of fun and spent also a lot
of time into it.

Super Mario 64 DS was also a game I enjoyed. At first, I wasn't that much interessed in it, until I got
the chance to play and really liked it from that point on.

Super Mario Galaxy is another one I like and also one of favorite games for the Wii. I would say it was
pretty good, however, I would still prefer Sunshine over it a little bit.

Last but not least: Super Mario Odyssey, which I still need to complete. The game is in fact awesome
and I love the places such as New Donk City a lot. I also really like it that Mario can wear various cool
outfits.

Honorable mention: Super Mario 3D Land, which I find quite entertaining back then when I played it.

Galaxy > Sunshine > Odyssey > 3D World or 64

It's a biased list. I've decided not to count the ports or sequels.
Galaxy I've 100% numerous times, and I've always found it enjoyable.
Sunshine has so much personality, I haven't 100% it, but if I did, I may even put at as the same as Galaxy.
Odyssey I'm conflicted about, they tried and put a lot of effort into this game, but at times, it's just feels too much?
I haven't played enough of 64, but it's very reminiscent to Sunshine in feeling and needs a remaster, I've put it with 3DS World as it feels mostly as an extension of Galaxy.

Last edited:
I prefer the 2D Mario games, but I’d have to say 64DS.

I missed the opportunity to vote on this unfortunately, but if could it would be Sunshine! Most of these games are great though! I haven't had a chance to play some, unfortunately...that'll change though!

Last edited:
It's clearly Oydssey, through Sunshine and 64 are tied for second. Maybe 64 goes ahead a little.

Of all the 3D Mario games, I think Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite. It's tough to choose between them because one of them I have a strong fondness for due to nostalgia, etc. while the other is really good because I had a ton of fun with it and I just love the story it has! :D

Last edited:
Back