• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best 3D Mario game?

Best 3D Mario game?

• Super Mario 64

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Super Mario 64 DS

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario 3D World

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Super Mario Odyssey

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Parakoopa144

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
What do you thinks the best? Vote to the death!

For me anyway, I voted Sunshine, as it controls like dream, has some extremely unique ideas (F.L.U.D.D., Isle Delfino, ect) and it's just a joy to play! Now I should mention, that I've yet to play Odyssey, (Don't worry, i'm getting a Switch on Christmas ;) ) and it may overtake it, but for now, Sunshine all the way.

Last edited:
dat poll's a little shy on complete choices.

best i've played is New Super Mario Bros Wii.
great game!

Mario Sunshine~ For sure! Well for me that is! Though i hate the inverted controls >.< Now I see why Im constantly saying "Go left" when I mean go right >.<

I think it is still Super Mario Galaxy (the first one) for me, but Super Mario Odyssey is very very close. I haven't gotten 100% yet so that might change.

i'm sure odyssey is amazing! though i haven't seen it firsthand, only videos. i voted for mario galaxy

Super Mario 64 DS.
Besides playing it on the N64, that's the only Mario game I've played on DS.

As it stands right now I'd probably say Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Odyssey. I think I'll go with SM64 as of now since it has proven to stand the test of time.

Super Mario 64 DS.
Besides playing it on the N64, that's the only Mario game I've played on DS.

SM64DS gets like, no love! And its an awesome game, so its really sad. For me anyway, SM64DS, is just BARLEY beat out by Sunshine, though I love the 2 of them almost equally.

SM64 on the N64. I have so many memories playing that game back in 97 and was blown away when I first played. It was something totally different and the movements to this day are some of the best 3D movement in any game since.

- - - Post Merge - - -

SM64DS gets like, no love! And its an awesome game, so its really sad. For me anyway, SM64DS, is just BARLEY beat out by Sunshine, though I love the 2 of them almost equally.

Its a very good port with a bunch of new content. My only complaint was that I never got use to any of the controls. The DS really needed a analog stick for movement.

Totally!
The N64 game took 4 years to make.
Best game ever, and the DS port was equally brilliant.

I'm in love with all the marios ever made, but if I had to chose, I'd have to go with Super Mario 3D World. It's classic and I like it.

I wonder why Super Mario Galaxy is considered to be the best 3D Mario game. I've played every game in the franchise and honestly compared to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, I didn't think the game was that special. Not that it's a bad game, I think it's a lot of fun to play but again it wasn't anything too special for me...

Oh yes the poll, I voted Super Mario Odyssey :)

I'm in love with all the marios ever made, but if I had to chose, I'd have to go with Super Mario 3D World. It's classic and I like it.

Ohhh, very interesting opinion! I don't have a Wii U, so I can't play 3D World, though I have tried it at a friends and it was awesome!

Sunshine? At least that one was creative and not dumb "mess with new technology" things like SM64 and stuff. (maybe it was with all new buttons and stuff, but yeah a lot of 3d games back on 64 was pretty meh).

Not a fan of the 3d platformers either so, yeah.

To all y'all who say that Super Mario 64 is the best 3D game...

I love you :,)

For me, it is my favorite. Odyssey comes in a very close second, and Galaxy 2 in third. But SM64 has that charm and feel that can't be beaten by other games, and after playing it for 6 years I still don't get tired of playing it.
The DS version was okay, but the control kinda ruins it for me. I really think they should have released it on a newer console like they did with OOT

Anyone who votes SM64 as best 3D game gets a xSuperMario64x special saltine cookie :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ohhh, very interesting opinion! I don't have a Wii U, so I can't play 3D World, though I have tried it at a friends and it was awesome!

Being able to play as a Luigi kitty is like one of the best feelings ever lol
You should really try it

I love all of the samdbox Marios! 64, Sunshine, and 64 DS all gave me memories in childhood and Odyssey brings a lot of memories back. Didnt ever play the Galaxies or 3D World and not interested in them. I have 3D Land. It's just ok...a bit boring.

Back