Resetting for villager placement is bogus now

aburayacrossing

Xina, Queen of Lumenaria
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Silver Mailbox
I did 40 resets and my amiibo-scanned villager moved into the exact same spot where the kicked out villager was every single time. There were 3 other viable spots for residency...nope! I read people saying that if you keep trying they will eventually choose another spot, but I just don't have the patience for that.

I guess it's back to the slow way of waiting for people to move out. That way I can cover the old house spot before I scan a new card. But that way is SO SLOW, especially now that they take 10 days to move out instead of 5. I need to replace all my villagers, so we are looking at 100 days even if they all volunteer to move in a convenient order. D:

I could speed it up with TT I know, but I am not doing TT in this town.

/rant over/

I've read that if that pattern happens (they keep moving in the old spot over and over) you can completely shut off your game/ds then go back in and try again and apparently that will reset the pattern and make them move elsewhere? I've never done it myself but I've seen it recommended alot on tumblr etc. Worth a shot maybe.

I've read that if that pattern happens (they keep moving in the old spot over and over) you can completely shut off your game/ds then go back in and try again and apparently that will reset the pattern and make them move elsewhere? I've never done it myself but I've seen it recommended alot on tumblr etc. Worth a shot maybe.

I would like to thank you for this reminder that I wish I could get into my brain pathways permanently! Isn't that almost always the first thing to try when ANY electronic device is acting up or not doing what we want it to? Duh to myself! I'm especially thankful because I'm going to be plot resetting soon, and I'm almost completely new at it.

PS to the OP. You must have tons of patience to reset 40 times!

Last edited:

I tried this over and over to no effect! :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would like to thank you for this reminder that I wish I could get into my brain pathways permanently! Isn't that almost always the first thing to try when ANY electronic device is acting up or not doing what we want it to? Duh to myself! I'm especially thankful because I'm going to be plot resetting soon, and I'm almost completely new at it.

PS to the OP. You must have tons of patience to reset 40 times!

It is so frustrating! I listen to audiobooks or watch TV while I do it, otherwise I would murder that kitty I swear. ��

if the villager isn't moving into the plots you set for it for that long, i feel like those spots may be invalid. i've done a lot of plot resetting with amiibo villagers and i've only ever had to reset that many times for when i accidentally prepared a plot that wasn't valid, so my amiibo villager kept plotting in the old spot because it was the only valid one. i was always able to fix it by moving the prepared plot a couple spots over or something :')

i recommend looking at the spots you left open for the villager- remember that only three buildings can be in one acre (16x16 section), that there needs to be two spots between a building and other building/pwp, and that it needs a one-spot buffer zone all the way around it. if you find that your plots are invalid, tt backwards a day using your ds settings (NOT isabelle) and you should be able to log into an existing character and move some patterns around without the villager moving in yet. then you can change the date back using the ds settings and then plot reset normally again

hope that helps!! i really do think it's because of your new plots, not because they just won't move anywhere other than the old plot

if the villager isn't moving into the plots you set for it for that long, i feel like those spots may be invalid. i've done a lot of plot resetting with amiibo villagers and i've only ever had to reset that many times for when i accidentally prepared a plot that wasn't valid, so my amiibo villager kept plotting in the old spot because it was the only valid one. i was always able to fix it by moving the prepared plot a couple spots over or something :')

i recommend looking at the spots you left open for the villager- remember that only three buildings can be in one acre (16x16 section), that there needs to be two spots between a building and other building/pwp, and that it needs a one-spot buffer zone all the way around it. if you find that your plots are invalid, tt backwards a day using your ds settings (NOT isabelle) and you should be able to log into an existing character and move some patterns around without the villager moving in yet. then you can change the date back using the ds settings and then plot reset normally again

hope that helps!! i really do think it's because of your new plots, not because they just won't move anywhere other than the old plot

This does help, thanks. The spots should be valid, so maybe it is the per acre thing. Also I have a theory that it is because the old house is right in the middle of the four options I wanted. So the old villager's house was blocking the new villagers house even though the house is gone now. Sorry, it's so hard to explain...I will test my theory over the next few days.

That's weird? I do know the pain of your experience though... I've had to plot reset for Chief 86 times. He would not go to the spot I wanted him to go to! On my 86th try, he finally plotted at the exact spot I wanted.

I have 4 villager houses next to each other through plot resetting. Never heard of the three building thing.

attachment.php

Back