• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

No more streetpasses :(

I turned them off because for a long time I had been cycling villagers in hopes of getting dreamies. I did not want to pick up someone from the void which would throw off the cycling. Now that I have a town full of dreamies I just might turn streepass back on although honestly, I am waiting for a new Animal Crossing game to come out. New Leaf had been around for five years I humbly think it is time for a new installment.

I had mine full on my last game because I went to a streetpass event. This new town though I only have one, it is my friend. I tried to get my other friend's house in streetpass, but no matter what we do hers won't show up. It is really frustrating :(

Oh that's really weird! Sorry to hear it. I streetpass my girlfriend several times a day lol.

Tell me more about that event! How was it organized? Sounds cool!

- - - Post Merge - - -

No I'd don't get many anymore either. Maybe one or two every third times I go anywhere with it, but mostly I don't pick up anything. Which is a bummer. I'm sort of thinking a lot of people may be getting 3DS' and games for xmas so maybe more people will be carrying them around in the new year perhaps?

Oh you might be right! I will continue to carry mine around just because I like to play on the train. So we shall see.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I turned them off because for a long time I had been cycling villagers in hopes of getting dreamies. I did not want to pick up someone from the void which would throw off the cycling. Now that I have a town full of dreamies I just might turn streepass back on although honestly, I am waiting for a new Animal Crossing game to come out. New Leaf had been around for five years I humbly think it is time for a new installment.

A new game would be cool! But I hear it will be on a different platform (the switch) and I'm not excited about buying a new system. I just got a DSXL so I could scan amiibos.

Another theory I have about the streetpass thing is that there are players who never updated their game to WA.

ahaha i remember 2013, i used to get a lot of streetpasses in my first town that was fun

now, zero. i only have 2 houses in my showcase in this current town which was made in 2015.

Oh that's really weird! Sorry to hear it. I streetpass my girlfriend several times a day lol.

Tell me more about that event! How was it organized? Sounds cool!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh you might be right! I will continue to carry mine around just because I like to play on the train. So we shall see.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A new game would be cool! But I hear it will be on a different platform (the switch) and I'm not excited about buying a new system. I just got a DSXL so I could scan amiibos.

Another theory I have about the streetpass thing is that there are players who never updated their game to WA.

I found a local streetpass group for the DS on facebook and a lot of the players had ACNL, they posted they were going to be at a pizza place for an event and I went. My model section was FULL! It was great. This was back in 2013 or 2014 when the game was newer though. I don't know if they still do those streetpass events anymore. I should check!

In 2014 and 2015 I used to get several streetpasses a week just around town. I took a long time off and when I picked the game back up this summer, I got one streetpass in September at the local grocery of all places, then another two at a huge international
airport in October. Only the one I got from the grocery had a house for the showcase, the others didn't.

I also streetpassed someone at a grocery store!! I once streetpassed with someone at Costco - that was random lol

I wonder if people will get bored with Pocket Camp and start carrying around their 2DSXLs or 3DS?s!

It's really rare getting streetpasses where I live. If I do they are either for Pokemon or something else. I usually wait until a comic/anime convention type thing to grab streetpasses.

I only occasionally get one of my neighbor kids, but that's most likely because I live in the middle of nowhere. Last time I went to town with my friends I got a bunch of hits when I went on campus with them.

I just can't envisage people walking around the streets with a DS, playing AC, hoping that others are doing it too. o_O

Now with the Switch so big I doubt they will do it but it would be great to have one more National StreetPass Weekend here in the US.

It was always fun - if you could find a Nintendo hotspot!

I really only get streetpasses at anime conventions and pretty much no where else. So I either have 0 people or over 100. lol I used to get them at the mall, but that kind of died.

yeah, I don't really get them anymore! I miss it when I could just go to the mall and get around half a dozen. most of the ones I got recently (in the past year) were from an anime convention + the few irl friends I have that play ac haha

Early on I was getting a lot of tags but than it slowed down. Found out the only tag I was getting was from my other 3DS so I stopped taking them out. I can leave those at home and tag myself every 8 hours. I did try the event weekends and got no tags.

I have two streetpasses total. Zero had played/had it turned on for New leaf so even when one of the daily initiatives is to "go check out 3 of the new streetpass houses" I can't.

I have 2 2DS's and I streetpass myself everyday. It's going to take a lonnnnng time to get the gold streetpass badge though LOL.

I have 2 2DS's and I streetpass myself everyday. It's going to take a lonnnnng time to get the gold streetpass badge though LOL.

I almost bought another DS and game so I could do the same thing, but it's not worth it for a badge. :D

Is it? LoL

I occasionally get some (the same 5 people tbh) while walking around my college campus, but the most I've ever gotten was when I went to a convention and had my 3DS in my backpack :D I got tons!

First of all I really don't understand the popularity of mobile games, they are boring freemium cash grabs. It irritates me that 'kids these days' seem to prefer them over actual good games. Guess this means I'm getting old XD.

As for Streetpasses I really only ever get them at conventions and even that seems to be lessened. It's not so much that people carry their 3DS less these days there, on the contrary, they are everywhere! I think it mainly has to do with the fact that New Leaf is so old. You can't Streetpass people who haven't updated and if people have moved on to other games they'd much rather get Streetpasses for they may have deactivated New Leaf. :/
Let's face it, our beloved New Leaf has become Old Hat. xD

Back