• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

No more streetpasses :(

aburayacrossing

Xina, Queen of Lumenaria
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
Does anyone get ACNL street passes anymore? I used to get them all the time on the train, at the mall, etc, but since my 1 year hiatus it seems like I never get them anymore. I live in a big city, so it's sad! Anyone else having this experience? Where do you pick up streetpasses? MY HHSC is so empty T.T

I got one in September, when I stayed in a hotel for my cousin's wedding, but it's been forever since I've received one around home.

I think a lot of people are playing Pocket Camp, or just playing mobile games in general, so they don't even carry their DSes anymore. Such a bummer. I tried PC, and it was so boring compared to ACNL. I wouldn't mind a New Leaf style game on mobile, but there was hardly anything to do in PC. It just made me miss ACNL and dig out my DS again.

I just got two streetpasses for New Leaf last week, after almost two years since the last one I've gotten.

I think a lot of people are playing Pocket Camp, or just playing mobile games in general, so they don't even carry their DSes anymore. Such a bummer. I tried PC, and it was so boring compared to ACNL. I wouldn't mind a New Leaf style game on mobile, but there was hardly anything to do in PC. It just made me miss ACNL and dig out my DS again.

PC was fun for the first few days, but now I've unlocked most of the campsite upgrades, so it's just the same thing, over and over. Nothing as varied as a full game. I'd much rather hang out in my town on the DS.

I think with the release of PC and more people being introduced/reminded of the series there might be an increase in streetpasses soon as more people start to play again. But at the same time- with the point you brought up with people playing more mobile phone games might be a factor against it. We just have to wait and see :0

I had mine full on my last game because I went to a streetpass event. This new town though I only have one, it is my friend. I tried to get my other friend's house in streetpass, but no matter what we do hers won't show up. It is really frustrating :(

i don't think i've ever had one :( but i live in a tiny village lol, and i don't really take my 3ds out much, maybe i should??

Last edited:
I've gotten a few since I started playing, but yeah those were Nintendo Zone hits more or less and I've gotten the same persons several times. But yeah I think a lot of players don't really go out if they have the game, and/or forgets to activate it.

I've had New Leaf for 3.5 years, and I never really seemed to get streetpasses ever. I think in the time I've had the game, I've streetpassed about 10 people.

I haven't gotten a streetpass in years. Either something is wrong with my 3DS, or barely anyone in Texas plays New Leaf let alone has a 3DS because I have taken my 3DS so many places and I almost never get any streetpasses. I've taken it to McDonalds, the mall, the circus, the store, school, game stores, everywhere and I hardly ever get streetpasses. And if I do get a streetpass, they never have New Leaf so that stucks :(

I remember in like 2013 I used to take my DS everywhere, and I think one time I was either on a plane or a train (or both) and I got so many street passes lol. Not just for ACNL, but I remember my plaza was full of other people's Miis and now it's empty :(

I rarely go out. I think they should remove the streetpass badge, and make the HH showcase optional. It will always be empty for me.

Digby standing there, guarding this huge waste of space. :(

In 2014 and 2015 I used to get several streetpasses a week just around town. I took a long time off and when I picked the game back up this summer, I got one streetpass in September at the local grocery of all places, then another two at a huge international
airport in October. Only the one I got from the grocery had a house for the showcase, the others didn't.

I've been getting more now that pocket camp got out, whenever I walk on stores near the city I get at least one or two.

I rarely go out. I think they should remove the streetpass badge, and make the HH showcase optional. It will always be empty for me.

Digby standing there, guarding this huge waste of space. :(

Exactly, not a lot of people go out with their ds's no more so collecting that badge will never happen for me.

Exactly, not a lot of people go out with their ds's no more so collecting that badge will never happen for me.

I even thought of buying another game, AND DS, just to streetpass with myself, but it's not worth it. ^_^

No I'd don't get many anymore either. Maybe one or two every third times I go anywhere with it, but mostly I don't pick up anything. Which is a bummer. I'm sort of thinking a lot of people may be getting 3DS' and games for xmas so maybe more people will be carrying them around in the new year perhaps?

the last time i got any was at an anime convention several months ago, which i got around 7 or so

Back