• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Best Zelda Game ?

Wow what a great question :) i'll probably make it a list lol

1)Link's Awakening DX
2)Ocarina of Time
3)A Link To The Past
4)Wind Waker
5)Majora's Mask

I'm torn between Twilight Princess and Majoras Mask

Twilight Princess was awesome IMO and I loved the style of it, I find myself replaying it a lot but I love the story in Majoras Mask since it's not about Princess Zelda or Hyrule. It has interesting characters and I found that game to pull at my heartstrings with some scenes. I love them both equally

Twilight Princess because of the atmosphere and it was the first Zelda game I ever beat

A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask and Wind Waker are all great too lol

id have to say twilight princess or majoras mask
i put those 2 at my top mainly because of the dark atmosphere they have. thats probably the only reason they beat out the others for me
cant decide between the two because idk, i really like midna in tp, but then again i also luv playing the ocarina in mm, and so on, so the pros and cons just keep balancing each other out tbh

1. Majora's Mask
2. A Link to the Past
3. Twilight Princess (yep, I said it)

I like darker themes, my favorite video game genre is survival horror.

Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker are my favorites. I never cared for Majora's Mask, but maybe I should go back and give it another go.

whaaaa--- it's gotta be Breath of the Wild!

its so immersive and such a masterpiece of a game!!

my next favorite is the original, which i have from eshop. but i'd like to try Windwaker, so many people here love it, it's gotta be pretty good...

(this is the wrong board for this topic, btw)

majora's mask is a favorite of mine. botw is also beautiful and i hope to play it someday.
windwaker and twilight princess are also really good and i love their stories as well.
the atmosphere in all four of these games is amazing, and probably why i like them so much.

Ocarina of Time and then Twilight Princess and then The Minish Cap. I really, really hate Majora's Mask so that one is all the way down at the bottom. Although it's definitely above Spirit Tracks because, well, did anyone actually like that game?

Last edited:
Wind waker for me! Hands down! Then Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks (I LOVE trains)
and recently my husband let me play a demo for Breath of the Wild and honestly i LOVE the controls! xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ocarina of Time and then Twilight Princess. I really, really hate Majora's Mask so that one is all the way down at the bottom. Although it's definitely above Spirit Tracks because, well, did anyone actually like that game?

;~; I liked Spirit Tracks...

hmm i dont wanna make another thread and idk where to ask sooo! do you think ocarina of time is good for a first zelda game? i dont know if ill ever play the old ones because i usually get really fed up with old games so out of the newer ones, is it okay to start with it? i had a choice of that and majoras mask, and i dont know if i made a good one.

Wind waker for me! Hands down! Then Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks (I LOVE trains)
and recently my husband let me play a demo for Breath of the Wild and honestly i LOVE the controls! xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

;~; I liked Spirit Tracks...

Hey, no disrespect if you do! I honestly just don't know anyone who enjoyed the game lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

hmm i dont wanna make another thread and idk where to ask sooo! do you think ocarina of time is good for a first zelda game? i dont know if ill ever play the old ones because i usually get really fed up with old games so out of the newer ones, is it okay to start with it? i had a choice of that and majoras mask, and i dont know if i made a good one.

Yes yes yes, a million times yes. It's the most straightforward of the games and has the most riveting storyline. And it's more gamer-friendly, I guess? Idk how to explain it. But yea, it's the most polished game imo and a great starting point especially if you play the 3DS version.

Last edited:
1. The Legend of Zelda

The original is still my favorite but would I consider it the best? Probably not. I can accept both Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past as objectively better games, but nostalgia is a powerful thing. There are, however, some things that the original still does better than any other Zelda.
First off is the second quest after you beat the game which is just brilliant. The overworld stays the same but they change the locations of the items, stores and dungeons. And speaking of dungeons, there's 9 completely new ones added to the second quest making it a total of 18 dungeons in this game. I can't remember any other Zelda game having that many.
Second is the lack of handholding and linearity. Here you had to find out what to do next on your own and you can beat the dungeons in any order (to some extent).
And third would be it's focus on gameplay rather than story. It completely lacks any sort of narrative which feels very refreshing to me. That doesn't mean that I dismiss the games that are heavier on the stories, but sometimes it can get a bit much.

2. Ocarina of Time

I prefer 2D over 3D but Ocarina of Time is just so good that I might actually consider it the "best". My favorite part are the dungeons. Especially the Forest-, Water- and Spirit (desert) temple. What sticks out to me is, although great, not the puzzles and design but the atmosphere and music. I rank the temples in Ocarina of Time as the best in the series. The same goes for the bosses. Gohma, Volvagia and Twinrova ranks as some of my favorites but Phantom Ganon has to be best of the bunch. I love the first part of the battle where he comes through the paintings.
The character design is really bad occasionally though. What were you thinking, Nintendo? *sigh*

2. A Link to the Past

I chose to put this in tied second with Ocarina because even if I could give a slight edge to either game, I feel like they bring the best from each style.
Gotta love the intro with the rain. What a way to start the game. Might just be the best intro ever. The game is just so memorable from beginning to end. Getting Zora's flippers, arriving in Dark World, the flute boy, reuniting the smiths (not the band!), it just goes on.
If there's one thing that holds the game back it is the dungeons. They're not bad but they're not very good either in my opinion. Tower of Hera, Skull Woods, Ice Palace, Misery Mire and Turtle Rock all suffer from various design flaws. Especially Skull Woods where you can completely skip portions. Thieves' Town is one of my all time favorites though, with a great twist at the end.

4. Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Love the gameplay. Very underrated. It would be awesome if they tried doing something like this again in the future.
Oh, and Thunderbird/Great Palace still gives me the feels every single time. And the Fokkas. How can you not love an enemy named Fokka?

5. Link's Awakening

Memorable characters. Especially Tarin. Seeing him turned into a raccoon or getting chased by bees always make me smile. Dungeons are a bit meh, but there's so much more to this game.

6. A Link Between Worlds

It's like a love letter to everyone who grew up with A Link to the Past. Not nearly as memorable but actually has better dungeons.

7. Breath of the Wild

Awesome overworld. Not so awesome dungeons. Or rather no dungeons at all, at least not in the classic sense. Also, all bosses are just the same design reused with some minor modifications. I love the game for what it is and does, but it just doesn't scratch that Zelda-itch for me.

8. Wind Waker

Beautiful artstyle. Might be the best looking game in the series. I have a love-hate relationship with the ocean. It was really exciting at first sailing around the ocean looking for treasure but it gets really tedious. So much that it deters me from playing the game.

9. Majora's Mask

Definitely the darkest game in the series. I love the atmosphere and the three day cycle. What really brings this game down is Tingle are the dungeons and bosses that doesn't compare at all to the ones in Ocarina. Another thing is that the game kinda feels like a hack since it uses a lot of art resources from Ocarina. A good hack, but a hack nonetheless.

10. Twilight Princess

Very bland. I'm just not feeling that Zelda-vibe from Twilight Princess. It had some nice ideas like using scents to track people as the wolf but overall, it stands as one of the weakest entries in the series.

*phew*

I'm not sure which one is my favorite. I am between Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild. Twilight Princess has my favorite Zelda costume and it is really fun to play as Wolf Link. Breath of the Wild is fun because you can climb everything and there are a lot of cool places to explore. I also really like Wind Waker. The art style is really cool and Link makes a bunch of great faces in that game.

Back