What bushes do you have in your town?

Mayor_Sarah

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
6212-0727-2617
Cake
What types of bushes do you have in your town? Do you have some in certain areas or do you just place them randomly?

I'm kinda stuck on which bushes to use in my foresty-town.

I have all of them, but they aren't random.
I keep a list of what goes where. I put them around PWP's, and they help line my natural paths.

It's trial and error.
Experiment with them, to see what looks good where.

Im kind of in the same situation as you as to figuring out WHICH bushes and WHERE but so far Ive been doing mainly holly in my town because i'm going for a bit of a woodsy vibe and especially during this time of year the red from the holly looks really nice with the snow and the (mainly) red and white flowers i have around, but i've also placed azaelas (i think they're called? pink and white) in randoms areas too

Im kind of in the same situation as you as to figuring out WHICH bushes and WHERE but so far Ive been doing mainly holly in my town because i'm going for a bit of a woodsy vibe and especially during this time of year the red from the holly looks really nice with the snow and the (mainly) red and white flowers i have around, but i've also placed azaelas (i think they're called? pink and white) in randoms areas too

Holly looks awesome in between pine trees.
I've made a replica (kinda) of Harv's campground. ^_^

Right now I have all types of bushes. They're sort of random, sort of organized. I try to keep same types close together or in one area, but some areas have random types going on to make for a more 'overgrown forest' feel that I'm going for.

For a forest town I would recommend hollies or sweet-olives. Both are very nice for that theme.

Q: What bushes do you have in your town?

A: The bushes that I have in my town are the blue hydrangea bushes and the pink azalea bushes. I just picked what I liked when it came to choosing bushes for my town. Not sure if those look good together; however, it doesn't really matter to me since I really do like the designs of the bushes that I have chosen. So far... My bushes have been mostly located near the train station area. I'm still deciding on other places on where I should put some more bushes in my town.

Last edited:
@Jon_Snow

Def gonna have to experiment. I just know I won't be using hibiscus starts since they are my least favorite :p

@Mareets

Totally using holly as well because like you said, they are very pretty in the snow. I also wanna use azaleas but I don't know where to place them. I just don't want them to look... artificially placed, if that makes sense?

@squidpops

Yes!! sweet olives and holly bushes are my favorite combo.

@Ryumia

That's a unique combo, I love that! I honestly just wished the bushes bloomed year round lol

Last edited:
Hibiscus in small doses is nice, but only when they're blooming. They go a sickly green when they're not. :(

I don't use much bushes currently, but I would love to in the future! It's a hard decision where to place them. - I hope you find the right bushes for your town! :)

I don't have any, haha...

I don't have any because I don't like the fact that some or all I think only bloom in certain seasons so the majority of the time they're just a naked green bush :/ it's also because I don't know where to put them lol

I don't even have paths in my town. I've tried placing them down but they never seem to look good so I just gave up

i have a bunch of random ones around the plaza, holly ones all around town in between rows of trees, and hibiscus ones in u-shaped patterns around public work projects

i like all of them except the sweet olive- not really a fan on the red-and-orange-berry phase thing they have going on september to november

i think i like the hydrangeas the best, and then the azaleas, the hollies, and then finally the hibiscuses, which look really nice in tropical towns

I use only holly bushes due to my Northern-town theme. Although I may end up planting some red hibiscus bushes down by the cliffs.

I have everything except hibiscus in my town (I use hibiscus on my island). Mostly they help line my dirt paths, but I also use them to break the town into smaller neighborhoods.

Near the train station, I have a cedar/holly thing going. The Re-Tail neighborhood boasts pink hydrangea. Below that are blue hydrangea. My central park area is marked by pink azalea, and that leads down to the bottom of town, where I have white hydrangea. The Town Tree plaza down to Town Hall (the west side of town, south of the waterfall) is sweet olive.

It was definite trial and error before I found the way I wanted to landscape my town. I've probably started and restarted half a dozen times. I'm pretty happy with this layout, though, so I'll be keeping it.

i have mostly holly bushes with some sweet olive bushes! i have them placed around my paths along some walkways and trees!:) good luck with your town!

I've got alternating bushes of sweet olives and pink azaleas! Deciding if I want to do every other one with white azaleas, though...

i have all except for two.

my north-east part of town has Holly shoots, mainly used in combo with Ceder trees.

in the north-west i have the Red and Yellow hybiscus in a pattern RYRYRY etc..

next to the hybiscus i have Biff's garden with blue Azelea's or hydra-something ( can't remember which one i used )

in the south ( everywhere but the far west ) i have sweet olive shoots.
and in the south west i have the pink Azelea or hydra-something ( cant remember which ) used in my pink flower/peach tree garden

Back