• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Will they make more villagers in the future?

It's going to end up like Pokemon. Can't keep up, so I quit playing years ago.

They should improve the ones we already have. ^_^

Last edited:
Will they? I'm pretty sure yes, they've added new villagers in every single main-series game to date, so if they're making a Wii U/Switch version (they better) I'm sure more are coming. I actually think they should consider cutting older villagers more and designing more new villagers each game. I think it'd make the games more interesting/unique to not have so many old game holdovers, but I know many will disagree with me.

Last edited:
They sure will, but not on this game. They will on the Switch version, though.

I can't say whether they will introduce more villagers in the future, but I would assume so and personally hope that they do. New Leaf's newly introduced villagers are great and I look forward to seeing what other villagers they would add in the future. I'm hoping there will be more additions to species that I don't really care for as much as the others (for example, I only like one hamster) and that some of the species with few villagers will get more, like cows or rhinos. I also really want more robotic villagers like Ribbot and Sprocket from more of the species.

They might for a new game, hopefully they don't remove anyone again. (Except for those villagers you get through the amiibo figurines and Sanrio cards, I highly doubt that they will come back in a future game)

Last edited:
I hope the sanrio villagers remain. I like my Etoile and Chelsea.

Back