• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which version of Bloody Tears is better?

Which version of Bloody Tears is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThomasHasntPlayedAC

I need a username change.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Coco
Lobo
Mint
Tasty Cake
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Tasty Cake
Pavé
Castlevania 2, or Super Castlevania 4?

Disclaimer: I have never played a Castlevania game before, however, I'm a big fan of the franchise's music.

While I'll give credit to Super Castlevania IV for at least replicating Bloody Tears as faithfully as they possibly could with a limited selection of soundfonts, some of these don't exactly sit well with the theme they're going for. The organ soundfont used at the beginning of the music doesn't convey much sadness, and the "dun dun" parts of the music diminishes the emotional impact it would otherwise boast.

The same music from Castlevania II, although restricted by its 8-bit chiptune limitations, actually nails its theme quite nicely. I can't remember a single note that felt off.

Castlevania 2, or Super Castlevania 4?

Disclaimer: I have never played a Castlevania game before, however, I'm a big fan of the franchise's music.

They're both good in their own ways but I prefer Simon's Quest's version to the one from Super Castlevania IV.

You should definitely try some of the games out though. I feel like Super Castlevania IV is the most accessible of the classic Castlevanias and has, imo, the best soundtrack in the series.

Ohh man I grew up with the Dracula X Snes version lol but I guess SCV4 is another one that I liked.

Last edited:
I'm with all of the people who have said Castlevania II so far. It feels like a case of creative limitation, wherein being more restricted in what you can do increases creativity. Super CastleVania IV's version of Bloody Tears feels clunky in comparison when listening to them back-to-back.

I wish I could play the games. I have a bootleg console that plays a select few NES game that are built ins, but no Castlevania games are in that group. I also used to have ZSNES, but my new laptop broke before I could play SC4 or Dracula X.

Emulation, Thomas. It's a thing.

Last edited:
Back