• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACGC Questions Thread!

Parakoopa144

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
I actually have quite a few questions about this game before I play it, so I just rolled my last thread, and some other queries into this! Also, to help prevent spam of questions into the board, I thought maybe this could be used as the definitive thread for questions about the GameCube instalment! (If there's already a thread like this, let me know!)

Anyway, my questions are:
1. Does the PAL release have E-Reader support?
2. What are the benefits to having a 3 tier town?
3. Is there any way to 100% this game?
4. What are all the things you can do with the Game Boy Advance compatibility?

Thanks!

Also, if there's a mod reading this, please delete that last thread I made, as its totally pointless now.

Last edited:
1. I don't know anything about the PAL region or about e-Readers in general, because I never used that feature.

2. None that I'm aware of, aside from aesthetics and bragging rights because you have a rare layout.
* If you're coming to this game from New Leaf, be aware that you have to go through the process of setting the clock, naming your town, creating your character, and picking your starting house from Nook to see the layout of your town every single time. You don't get options to choose from on the train like in NL.

3. I would say yes. Off the top of my head, I'd say 100%ing ACGC would include:
- complete the catalog
- complete the museum
- upgrade Nook's shop to Nookington's
- perfect town status
- if you really wanna go all out, create all four available player characters and max out their homes

4. With the Game Boy Advance, you can make patterns at the Able Sisters for free instead of paying to use their machine, and you can travel to the Island.

Wait, what you mean by 4 available player characters, does that mean, that if you make another character you visit the same village as your other villager? I totally didn't know that! I only played City Folk for a little bit but that's such a cool feature I didn't know about!

Sort of. You can have four human characters living in one town. The second, third, and fourth characters aren't visiting - they move in, too, and have to do all the same things. It doesn't really affect anything other than like museum donations depending on which character you play as. And with four characters, you can hear KK Slider play four times on Saturdays. Like I said, though, I personally wouldn't consider a game of ACGC 100% if only one house was built up and the other three were untouched.

Geez, that's gonna take a while! I just checked Howlongotbeat.com and it says the 100% run of ACGC is about.....619 HOURS LONG......better stock up on microwave noodles....

Yeah, it's a long ride haha! The main time waster is that there are a lot of items you can only get on limited occasions. There are something like
- 60 Redd exclusive furniture items (Redd is only guaranteed to have one exclusive item per visit - he can have more, but often he won't because he's a rude, greedy little fox)
- another 40 furniture items that are exclusive to Tom Nook's end-of-month lotteries,
- 20 wallpapers and carpets exclusive to Wendell and Saharah respectively,
- A couple dozen Gracie-only shirts
- Maybe about 20 or so items from Tortimer for special occasions
- A few house models from the HHA for having a good house.

Not to mention Gyroids only come out after it rains or snows, and you can only get one KK song per player character so it would take a year alone to get all of his songs. That also doesn't include the holiday sets which are obviously limited to the holidays.

Soo yeah, a lot of microwave noodles worth of playing time to get through x)

So does that mean there's over 200 KK songs? (4 per week with 4 characters) Also, back to the E-Reader, there are E-Cards of KK songs, are these E exclusive? (you mean... E-xclusive!....I'll leave now..)

No, there are a little over 50 songs. I meant it would take one character a year, sorry! With 4 characters it would take a little over 3 months to hear them all I think.

From what I'm seeing on e-Reader guides, the special KK e-Reader cards just change your town tune to match one of his songs, they don't give you the aircheck to a KK song.

Ahh, I see. Well, now that I know what i'm getting myself into, just have to bear the wait til the 17th!

Really, Thanks for all your help!

No problem ^_^ You'll have a lot of fun with the game. It may be an oldy, but it's still a goody!

Hey, another question here, if anyone can answer it.

On the box for Animal Crossing, it says, Special Gift on Memory Card, and I found out that that is one block on the card, called Special Gift, or something like that. Now I also found that the gift has 2 NES games, a K.K Slider song, and a piece of furniture. Now, here's my question.

If the MC has been used, can I just delete the town data, and keep the Special Present data, and get the gift?
Also, what are those 2 NES games?

Thanks!

Wow, your copy of the game came with the special Memory Card included?! o: I'm honestly surprised! (unless you bought an unopened copy which I imagine would be expensive)

Anyway, to answer your questions:
1. No, you cannot claim the special gift in a new town if the original player already redeemed it, even if you delete the original player's town. The special gift data is tied to the first town created on the card. Fortunately, the special gift isn't anything too, well... special. None of the items or the K.K. song are exclusive to the memory card.
2. It's random. There are about 15 NES games, and the special gift just picks two to give to you.

If you really want it, I believe there are passwords you can give to Tom Nook that will load the Grab Bag item into your game, but I've never used the password feature so I have no idea how it works.

Hey, another question here, if anyone can answer it.

On the box for Animal Crossing, it says, Special Gift on Memory Card, and I found out that that is one block on the card, called Special Gift, or something like that. Now I also found that the gift has 2 NES games, a K.K Slider song, and a piece of furniture. Now, here's my question.

If the MC has been used, can I just delete the town data, and keep the Special Present data, and get the gift?
Also, what are those 2 NES games?

Thanks!

- The ?Special Gift? is programmed to be given to the first town used on the memory card.
It would be 2 random NES games - but I think there were certain games from a list of possible games, not specific games. I?m fairly confident that any of the games given are the ones there are still codes out there to find on the web.
The K.K. Song would be a random song.

I sold my original copy years ago but repurchased a copy with the AC memory card but the town that was on it didn?t have the NES games so I reset.

The furniture was pretty random from multiple sources I?ve read.

But from my experience all these items only happen the first time the Memory Card is used.

Wow, your copy of the game came with the special Memory Card included?! o: I'm honestly surprised!

Is the memory card rare? I bought it off a little British game shop called CeX. They have 2 listings, Animal Crossing (no memory) which is ?25 and Animal Crossing (with memory) for ?30, which is the one I bought.

For a used game, yeah. I think all AC copies originally shipped with the included memory card, but it's been 15 years since then. Sometimes things get misplaced, especially little memory cards that legitimately can't hold anything more than Animal Crossing data. I wasn't sure how many used copies would get sold with the memory card in 2017. Surprised you were able to find one so cheap.

Is the memory card rare? I bought it off a little British game shop called CeX. They have 2 listings, Animal Crossing (no memory) which is ?25 and Animal Crossing (with memory) for ?30, which is the one I bought.

The Animal Crossing memory cards are just starting to get ....uncommon... not quite ?rare? per se, but to get a copy of the game with the official AC memory card included is starting to be a touch more difficult to find.

I?d say you got a great deal for the game and memory card considering current prices!

Back