• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Best nicknames you've given your Pokemon?

EvieEvening23

Queen of Ducks
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I'm just interested in what you've named your fellow partners, especially if you gave them really dumb nicknames. I'd like to hear your stories!

uh here are some cool nicknames i've given my pokemon

heart ( sylveon )
ginger ( stoutland)
nebby ( literally nebby , or solgaeleo )

My Chimchar i've had in PKM Diamond since I was like 5, was called Smokey, and he's now LVL 100 DESTROYER OF WORLDS, and he's called Smokey. Brilliant.

i named my Sableye Gemini (gem-in-eye)
also, i alwaaaays name my starter pokemon in spanish. i named Fennekin Zorro (fox) and my Rowlet Almendra (almond)
i named Pichu Meteor. i really don't know why, it just popped into my head when i saw it. but i think its just adorable

Had some Cleffas I bred all with a somewhat naughty nickname. :rolleyes:

I think my favorites are Eggman the Walrein, Hanzo the Decidueye, Sia the Chandelure, and Bisquick the Alolan Raichu.

I have a talonflame named Pootzle lmao
I caught a fletchling just so I could have a flying pokemon, and didn't know what it evolved into

Pootzle, use brave bird

My double battle lead Pok?mon Reuniclus and Bronzong are called 'Herp' and 'Derp'. Following this naming convention, their teampartners Tyranitar and Garchomp are called 'Hurr' and 'Durr' :D

Last edited:
This is probably going to be a matter of opinion on whether they're the "best nicknames", but I called my alolan exeguttor lord+saviour. All written together I think. I also called my alolan raichu Hank, as a suggestion from my friend and I think it's hilarious. Not the most unique nickname, but it reminds me of good times and I always get some kind of comment from people whenever I tell them what my alolan raichu is called.

Back