• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cycling Question in regards to trading and cycling villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFKA

🌊 ocean waves 🌊
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Spring Shamrock
Cake
Feedback
100% (207) +
Hello! I believe this is my first time posting anything here and I'm not sure if this post goes against any rules but I don't understand the entire process of trading / cycling villagers. I've looked up explanations and tutorials online but I just don't understand. Will someone please explain it to me? I would very much appreciate it! Thank you ^^ ~:blush:

Hi again!! I'll do my best to explain it~

Cycling villagers is basically the process of getting villagers to move in and out. I personally used to have a "cycling town", dedicated specifically to getting villagers in boxes and for more to move in. I was doing this to get my dream villagers as well as to help others online get their dream villagers.

As for trading villagers, say that you had Deirdre and I have Julian. We would both get them in boxes, and I would go to your town to have Deirdre move in (I would have to have only 9 villagers in my town, not 10.) Once I get Deirdre to move in, you would come to my town and speak with Julian, and he would move into your town.

I hope I explained it in a way that you can understand, lol. If you have any other questions let me know!!

Hi again!! I'll do my best to explain it~

Cycling villagers is basically the process of getting villagers to move in and out. I personally used to have a "cycling town", dedicated specifically to getting villagers in boxes and for more to move in. I was doing this to get my dream villagers as well as to help others online get their dream villagers.

As for trading villagers, say that you had Deirdre and I have Julian. We would both get them in boxes, and I would go to your town to have Deirdre move in (I would have to have only 9 villagers in my town, not 10.) Once I get Deirdre to move in, you would come to my town and speak with Julian, and he would move into your town.

I hope I explained it in a way that you can understand, lol. If you have any other questions let me know!!

That's perfect! That really cleared up some of my questions. Some other ones I have is how to get villagers into boxes and how to place villagers in that "perfect" part of town you want them to be in :)

To get villagers in boxes, they will sometimes "ping" you and tell you that they are planning to move. After that, about 5 days later they will be in boxes! That's why it's important to talk to your animals every single day just in case they are planning on moving so you can stop them from doing so. If you don't, they can be in boxes and you won't be able to make them stay.

To get them in the perfect spot, there's a process called plot resetting. Here is a video guide on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMv0FiS4N84

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
if you have the WA update, i think animals wont move in over tiles. it'd take a lot of time, but you could tile off places you dont want them to be (i'd leave a big field open near the station so its easier to let people pick the villagers up. if youre planning to use this town for more than just cycling, then leave spots open wherever u want them)
you dont have to do every single spot, but dont leave any 3x3 open unless you want them there.
as for getting the villagers into boxes, i am clueless sorry!! good luck tho! :D

if you have the WA update, i think animals wont move in over tiles. it'd take a lot of time, but you could tile off places you dont want them to be (i'd leave a big field open near the station so its easier to let people pick the villagers up. if youre planning to use this town for more than just cycling, then leave spots open wherever u want them)
you dont have to do every single spot, but dont leave any 3x3 open unless you want them there.
as for getting the villagers into boxes, i am clueless sorry!! good luck tho! :D

OH MY GOD! I WAS WORRIED I'D HAVE TO HOLD SOME OF MY FLOWERS SO VILLAGERS WOULDN'T MOVE OVER THEM!

Yes, I was planning on just moving these villagers into my regular main town. I don't have any other save files on different cards ^^;

And thank you, that was VERY useful information!

- - - Post Merge - - -

To get villagers in boxes, they will sometimes "ping" you and tell you that they are planning to move. After that, about 5 days later they will be in boxes! That's why it's important to talk to your animals every single day just in case they are planning on moving so you can stop them from doing so. If you don't, they can be in boxes and you won't be able to make them stay.

To get them in the perfect spot, there's a process called plot resetting. Here is a video guide on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMv0FiS4N84

Hope that helps!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS VIDEO AND THAT EXPLANATION whew wow thank god for that update.. ..

Also, another question. Will villagers move over flowers? ;v; I really wouldn't like that to happen...

Also, another question. Will villagers move over flowers? ;v; I really wouldn't like that to happen...

sadly, yes and many people have lost many hybrid flowers over this (as well as trees, clovers, dropped items, and bushes)

sadly, yes and many people have lost many hybrid flowers over this (as well as trees, clovers, dropped items, and bushes)

The new update didn't fix this problem? I still have to put tiles in areas where I don't want villagers to move in? Flowers won't be enough to stop them? ;v;

The new update didn't fix this problem? I still have to put tiles in areas where I don't want villagers to move in? Flowers won't be enough to stop them? ;v;

yep, but once you have all your dream villagers move in, you can start landscaping right away since you won't have to worry about random move-ins.

yep, but once you have all your dream villagers move in, you can start landscaping right away since you won't have to worry about random move-ins.

True. And the maximum number of villagers in a town is 10 but the best number for cycling purposes is 9, correct? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back