• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what weird fears do you have?

BlueberryPoptarts

what in the heck
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
ive realized im scared that other people can read my mind whenever i start being a rude person mentally lmao
also, im afraid that a snake will climb up through my toilet. i saw a picture of it once and it still haunts me

I have a weird irrational fear of men. Like I just get so panicky if I’m alone with a man, and it’s not that I think they will do anything! I just very shaken and panicky.. I don’t know why I have it, it just recently came up too.. :/ The only males I can be alone with are my step dad, grandpa, and husband.. other than that :/ it’s weird. I don’t like it.

Large apes and military robots.

I thought the military dog robots were horrible and then I just recently saw that they're making functional human ones too and they're just so creepy...

Large apes and military robots.

I thought the military dog robots were horrible and then I just recently saw that they're making functional human ones too and they're just so creepy...

Yes!
Very 'Westworld'.

A few years ago my dad told me a story about how the elevator doors of a restaurant almost closed on him when the power went out. This story triggered me so every time an elevator door opens I run in as fast as possible due to the fear that the doors will close on me. And if the doors are open too long sometimes I don't go in because I'm that scared they'll close on me lolol wtf

Elevators (unless they're glass/see through), ships/cruise ships, going down on escalators, airplanes, and last but not least...

The hand blow dryer thing in the bathrooms. I'm always afraid that one day while I'm using it it's going to explode in my face and burn it off or something worse, so whenever I'm alone in a public bathroom I make sure I stand as far away from it as possible while I'm using it lmao

Robots/animatronics. I'm 18 and yet if I saw animatronics I'd prob flip out and crouch in fear xDD

The dark. Complete darkness gives me terrors every time. Also, weirdly, falling INTO the sky. As though gravity just turns off and we all start falling upwards.

I forgot to mention c-c-c-clowns.....

It's not irrational, though, as they do EAT people! O_O

Not sure if Fear of Schizophrenia/ Seeing a stranger who acts wild and crazy is considered a weird fear. :eek:

Last edited:
I'm scared of being alone in the dark. With someone in the room, I'm totally fine. But, if I'm all alone in pitch darkness I get scared so fast. I always flip out when my boyfriend goes to get a drink in the middle of the night, closes the door behind him forgetting about my fear, leaving me in the dark xD
Another fear is needles. I hate the idea of my skin being pierced, ugh...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not sure if Fear of Schizophrenia/ Seeing a stranger who acts wild and crazy is considered a weird fear. :eek:

I don't think that's weird at all!!! My mother who I don't speak to anymore has bipolar and schizophrenia so I've experienced her mania first hand. It's terrifying... those situations are even more scary when the person acting in that way has power and control over you... Outside of the house, she had the abililty to act in a way that came off as odd to others, but mostly normal. So no one else believed anything was seriously wrong with her. Living with an unstable parent, and no one believing you when you ask for help, is the most crushing and scary feeling I have experienced. There was nowhere for me to go, my only choice was to endure my mother's manic episodes...

I'm really bad with movies that have a lot of gorge in them:( I don't know why which is sad because I love scary movies but sometimes it's too much.

I had a bad experience with bees when I was a kid and I can't be remotely near one without freaking out. I'm not sure if I am allergic to them or not, but I'm not getting stung again to find out.
That's about it though. I've had some weird experiences that probably should've given me a new phobia, but nope (the worst one probably being that I once got my arm stuck in an elevator door and it was stuck for 10 or so minutes before I finally got it out lol, but I don't have a problem with elevators).
Although this past year has given me the phobia of every fictional character I like being killed in terrible ways so there is that too I guess.

elevators and every social situation ever :I

I have a weird irrational fear of men. Like I just get so panicky if I’m alone with a man, and it’s not that I think they will do anything! I just very shaken and panicky.. I don’t know why I have it, it just recently came up too.. :/ The only males I can be alone with are my step dad, grandpa, and husband.. other than that :/ it’s weird. I don’t like it.

lmao same

balloons and fire alarms. i'm okay with fire alarms more than balloons, since sirens don't bother me. it's if they use a bell as the alarm, i anticipate when it's going to ring, especially if it hasn't in a long time. balloons are worse since if some little kid is punching one i anticipate it going to pop and i have some sort of panic attack.

Whenever my family goes on vacation, I worry that something could go wrong and our house won't be there when we get back. The most common version of the fear is that one of the cats will climb on the stove and turn it on while we're not there. (We leave plenty of food and water for them while we're gone. Don't worry.)
I never had this fear when I was younger.

Back