• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Kinda Salty

Tsukuri_Yukimura

Peach 🍑
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1570-8628-4897
When I was resetting to get a good map for my Themed town I didn't completely place designs to block villagers from moving into places I wanted for my homes for my Characters...and now Julian has moved in front of one of them...I didn't think he could but he did...and I love julian and i don't want to kick him, but I did notice that the trees and flowers I was planning around the house will still work soo maybe I can let him stay a bit.

Has anyone else had this happen?

;-; yes!! Though with me a few villagers have plotted in PERFECT places! But the problem is: I'm resetting my town ;-; I didn't like the map after a while unlike my other two towns.. SO I'm upset ;-; Its like super good locations too! I do NOT want to keep the town just for that reason though ;-;

Yep. With Shep.
So, I bought his amiibo card, waited until the original Shep moved, then scanned him in, and plot reset him to where I wanted him.

You may end up disliking Julian, if he's in a bad spot.
Amiibo cards may be the answer. ^_^

all the time ! :( it's frustrating but I can't be bothered to plot reset/do that path lay down grid technique whatever so I just... accept where a villager moves in and try to work my way around it to the best of my abilities lol

I love Julian though. I may keep him for a while though cause I can always bay the Cards and if I find him I will do that. Otherwise I will just keep him til he decides to leave on his own.

Also Shep FTW

I'm sure every person who has ever played New Leaf has encountered the horror of someone moving into a area that you really don't want them to because it just ruins your town completely!
Urgh I really hope they sort this out in the new switch game!

Maybe a solution could be changing up the caharcater's house location? If you find anywhere else it might fit, of course.

When I got a villager plotting right in front of my main bridge between dock & R-Tail - that was the time I decided in the future I would plot reset.
With the update, I moved partially to tiles, but easy to miss spots so I combine it with plot resetting
- seems to work as I don't have to be xtra careful with placing tiles everywhere & I'm not looking for the villager to plot in an exact spot - so it doesn't take too much work/time.
I think the game is programmed to place villagers by your Mayor & alts - its happened in every town I've made/got. I don't mind it, in fact encourage it; but if you don't like then I'd place tiles immediately around the new human house.

I had that happen to me, They moved their house where I was going to build my Cafe and I had to use an amiibo card to kick them out, so the new villager moved into the same spot, I was a little irritated by that

Back