What is some of the worst luck you've had in ACNL?

sarinimarini

Mayor of Endiness
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I was fishing along the beach and my bag got full. I had one sea bass, but caught another that was bigger so I swapped them out. I like to put to the biggest fish/bug that was caught in my museum for REASONS..... As soon as I released the smaller bass, a LARGE fish shadow appeared right where the sea bass was released. You guessed it... IT SWAM AWAY. T_T It was probably a tuna, or marlin, or something!!! Anybody have worse luck than me?

PS. This is just one example. Ha ha...

Last edited:
My 3DS losing batteries while saving and corrupting a file I'd been working on for years, certainly. Less of New Leaf's fault and more of mine, but still, I was so devastated!

I restarted recently (I had been neglecting my old town for uh....A While) and planted the one perfect fruit you get early on. I wasn’t plot resetting yet because I wasn’t sure what my town’s layout would be yet and didn’t think I would be keeping many of my early villagers anyways.....and then Julian moves in. Right over my only perfect peach sprout. I couldn’t even stay mad at him :(

At this point, nothing major, knock on wood. Largely just animals putting their houses in strange places. Or, in a similar vein to OP's story, having a small fish swim up beside a massive one and snipe my hook. Regardless of whether I catch the junky little one or let it go doesn't matter because the big one's already swam away...

Having a well-planned out garden-theme town, growing lots of hybrids for it, knowing exactly where I want all the pwps to be, and having the villagers only suggest such projects as the pile of pipes and street signs and absolutely nothing like the wisteria trellis, statue fountain, or even pieces like the picnic blanket or zen garden stuff. I had to put that town on hiatus because I was so frustrated. I'll check in whenever I can get the topiaries, I guess. Other than that, I've had the revenge of the sea bass too many times to count, lol.

When Pudge moved into my (old) town from someone's void, right when I was supposed to be adopting a dreamie (he moved into my 10th spot so I couldn't get the dreamie). I hate voided villagers now lol I always try to clear out my void now before trading with someone, just so they don't pick up anyone from me because I know how it feels.

Last edited:
When Pudge moved into my (old) town from someone's void, right when I was supposed to be adopting a dreamie (he moved into my 10th spot so I couldn't get the dreamie). I hate voided villagers now lol I always try to clear out my void now before trading with someone, just so they don't pick up anyone from me because I know how it feels.
Oh my god, I'm so glad somebody else's day was also ruined by Pudge. He's taken a dreamy from me twice!

Well.
I thought I was being really clever with the new update, because now you can shake trees while holding a net (thank you, Nintendo, THANK YOU). So I've been doing this trick where I stand in front of each tree that I shake. Why? Because whenever a hive falls down, your mayor looks right at the beehive that's fallen and is turned perfectly to net them.

No problems there.

However, in my secondary town, I was shaking trees (I don't actually have any trees in Honey anymore, funny enough) and I was shaking this one tree beside one of the villager's houses. I wasn't thinking much about it, was just shaking away with my newfound trick that I was testing out.

Now, there was at least a square of space between the center of the tree where my mayor stood and the house. So, when a beehive came tumbling out of the greenery, it actually had room to fall next to me. My character turned, as usual. Like all the other times before, I go to net the hive.

But then: bonk! Net hits house. As you can imagine, the bees are firing up and swarming up from the hive faster than my mayor has time to react and run away. I couldn't stop laughing at my bad luck and bad hindsight.

♥.?:*??*:?.♥.?:*:?.♥.?:*??*:?.♥

I'm sorry to hear of so many data corruption issues, though :(

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Back