• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

how fast do you play animal crossing?

yvesaintrose

선배를 사랑해
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
hey! i just got a new town a few days ago and i wondered what pace you guys played at to make it the most fun it can be. what i mean is like how fast after you start did u start landscaping, getting dreamies, etc. c:
thank you !

To me it depends on how much time in a day I have for playing. Frequently I just go around and quickly do all the kinda daily upkeep stuff. As for building up the town and landscaping, I generally take my sweet, sweet time with it. I don't want to rush it all 'cause then what do you do afterwards? I see a town as a long term art project.

You mean do we TT?
I do. If it's a slow day, and I don't want to wait for something.
Otherwise I just enjoy it.
Go on island tours, catch fish and bugs.
Whatevs.

In one of my towns I play real time (i might TT earlier in the day if it's late so that places are open, but i keep it to the current date) but in my other one i go wild and TT all over the place

When it comes to landscaping and really planning my town I wait until I can buy an axe so I could chop down trees. For me chopping trees first helps to sort of get an idea in my mind of how I want the flow to be, then I wait a day or two (real life days) to decide where I want paths and stuff and then after paths are for the most part done I then start to actually landscape with flowers plants trees etc

i TT so i probably go thru anywhere from 2-10 days. if i have to wait for some reason, those are the days i use to really landscape. TTing is fun bc i like having the option of going at any pace i like. personally, i prefer fast decisions because ill just tear down whole sections of my town and redo them eventually anyway

it depends really! some days I'll be super into it and landscape huge chunks of my town, time travelling a ton. other days I'll open up my 3ds, catch one fish, and then not play for a week :p

I take my time and wait for things to get unlocked. For the pathways I wait till the villager move in and than slowly place them. Start from the mayor house and link them to the main buildings. Over the years I moved the pathways and finally have them in the right spot.

In the beginning I just focused on getting to know the villagers and let everything happen when it did.

I play everyday, my record is playing 2 months straight. Last week it would have been 3 but I broke my streak :/ I'm starting to not want to play anymore so I usually play every other day, I'll never go 2 days without playing though or else I might lose one of my villagers :(

I like playing daily and not TT'g because I get excited for certain events which makes me look forward to the next day instead of playing it in one day and having no events the next because I traveled.

i usually like going slow when playing animal crossing. it's more enjoyable to me if i take my time and just soak everything in without feeling rushed by anything, if that makes sense.

i try to play everyday, even more now as i need to check back daily to see if stupid camofrog wants to move his dull bum out of my previously-perfect town yet. he and his trashcan of a house sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of my bright and pastel town i hate him omg lol. but yes i play whenever i feel necessary, and i don't tt at all bc i feel it just defeats the entire point of the gameplay; which is to enjoy a slow life in a cute little town in the countryside! i landscape whenever i get enough materials and change up my paths to match every season. all in all i think i put alot of effort in my town and i can safely say it looks better than ever! ♪( ?▽`)

Last edited:
Usually I play "loosely" like just letting the villagers do their thing, let whoever move in and out for a while before I start really planning what I want to do and getting supplies collected. Usually I work on my house first, and then maybe after a month of saving money, and buying things, start really planning and moving villagers out and getting them where and how I want them. After I get my villagers set then I work on major landscaping. Usually I don't get to the landscaping phase for a really long time because I take my time planning, and changing plans, and pathing, and changing paths ETC ETC. XD

It depends. I usually do a quick run around town in the morning before work to water flowers, grab the money and ore rocks, and maybe dig up a fossil or two.

When I get home in the evening, I can take more time to chat with villagers, hit the shops, landscape, place furniture, etc.

I play in real time and don't TT, so things can take a little longer. That's my preference, because most everything else can get so crazy, I like the slow pace of my little town. :)

in terms of landscaping and dreamies, i don't remember. when i first got the game and started my first town, i didn't know how to landscape so i just played the game naturally.

i don't remember how i landscaped my current town either. my memory sucks and i would have started the landscaping about 2 years ago.

however, for how i play now....since i've kinda completed everything, i usually just bff chat my friends and go to tortimer island. i also talk to my villagers to make sure nobody's moving, and do some favours for them. if i find something interesting to buy at the shops, i get them. i also try to collect Gracie sets, in case i try to sell them here.

sometimes i would TT if i missed something and really need to get back to it, but not very often.

basically most of my gameplay nowadays just consists of online play with others, or just buying stuff and talking to villagers. i don't really do the events or anything anymore.

Back