Trading I am new. Wanting to give away Marshal.

Sawyer

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Feedback
0% (0) +
Hi everyone, I bought the game when it first came out and played until I got perfect town, but my DS along with it was stolen. :c Just bought a new one a month ago, but I'm confused about how villager trading works?

I notice a lot of my dream villagers are low tier according to the thread on this site about popularity, and that I have a tier 1 villager, Marshal, who I want to give away, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Am I wasting everyone's time by not posting this while he's in boxes? He hasn't decided to move yet, but I thought maybe I was supposed to put the offer out there if I wanted to trade, since it'd be hard to time both villagers moving? Do I have to TT?

Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for any help!

There's guides online that explain how to trade villagers. But yes, no one can come pick him up until he's in boxes. There's also guides that explain how to TT until the correct villager is set to move out.

I wouldn't give away Marshal if I was you. Instead, I'd auction or sell him - or trade him for a villager you want. He's top tier so he could help advance your game a good deal.

There's guides online that explain how to trade villagers. But yes, no one can come pick him up until he's in boxes. There's also guides that explain how to TT until the correct villager is set to move out.

I wouldn't give away Marshal if I was you. Instead, I'd auction or sell him - or trade him for a villager you want. He's top tier so he could help advance your game a good deal.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I know he can't leave until he's in boxes, but I guess I was asking more if people would like, agree to trade and basically just reserve the villager, or if everyone here time travels and it's pretty much required to trade.

It just depends on the person you're trading with, really! It isn't against the rules or anything to organize a trade while the villager is not showing any signs of moving yet.

Simply say you have Marshal and are willing to give him up, but clearly mention you don't time travel. Any interested people will simply use their own discretion in deciding if they don't mind the wait. It isn't unheard of to arrange trades that way, don't worry. :lemon:

It just depends on the person you're trading with, really! It isn't against the rules or anything to organize a trade while the villager is not showing any signs of moving yet.

Simply say you have Marshal and are willing to give him up, but clearly mention you don't time travel. Any interested people will simply use their own discretion in deciding if they don't mind the wait. It isn't unheard of to arrange trades that way, don't worry. :lemon:

Thanks, you're so helpful!
I'm having a hard time searching for an answer to this aspect of TT, maybe you can help me out?
If I were to TT to get Marshall in boxes, (am currently on today's actual date in game, dec. 8th) and it took me like, eight months in game time, so I trade him off and receive another villager. Then, if I were to TT back to today's date, what would the repercussions be? I have the beautiful town ordinance, but would I lose both villagers? Sorry, so confused, I never traded before I lost my last copy haha.

Also, do you know why Marshall is popular? He's alright, but I don't know what makes him...so special? Haha.

Has he pinged you that he has wanted to move? I'm looking for Marshal. Maybe I can trade for one of your dreamies?

Thanks, you're so helpful!
I'm having a hard time searching for an answer to this aspect of TT, maybe you can help me out?
If I were to TT to get Marshall in boxes, (am currently on today's actual date in game, dec. 8th) and it took me like, eight months in game time, so I trade him off and receive another villager. Then, if I were to TT back to today's date, what would the repercussions be? I have the beautiful town ordinance, but would I lose both villagers? Sorry, so confused, I never traded before I lost my last copy haha.

Also, do you know why Marshall is popular? He's alright, but I don't know what makes him...so special? Haha.
I have the beautiful town ordinance and time travel to get villagers out all the time, so I can definitely share my experience on that!

My preferred method is to travel two days forward, then run in front of every villager to see if they ping. If somebody does, simply travel to the date they told you they're moving on. If nobody does, time travel two days back, check again, and repeat the process. It's very effective and doesn't risk major changes in the town by preserving the original date, you know? It should never take eight in-game months, so don't worry about needing to change the clock that drastically.

As for repercussions, a wanted villager moving is the only risk I'm aware of having done it this way for years. If they don't ping you (and they sometimes don't, grr), you may lose one you didn't mean to lose. A good, yet slightly confusing rule of thumb: traveling back in time any number of days counts as one in-game day forward, so you can even lose a villager that way!

When you check to see if a villager is ready to move yet, talk to everybody 10-15 times just to be safe. I've had many an incident where I wasn't pinged, and narrowly avoided losing a dreamy because one of my villagers told me they were intending to leave.

As for his popularity... all aesthetics, haha. :p A lot of people just think he's the best-looking villager.

Back