• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Game Crashing?

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I just visited this town that was obviously hacked, their town was seperated into two and the houses were all glitched together. When I tried to dream of it, I froze, got an error message, and my game closed! (It's the first time I've had to deal with Resetti). It was a little scary because I thought it might've corrupted my town! Luckily it didn't.
Have you guys ever had your game crash? If so, how?

No crashes here. Don't worry about it as unless something goes wrong while the game is saving, there's practically zero risk of save data corruption.

No crashes here. Don't worry about it as unless something goes wrong while the game is saving, there's practically zero risk of save data corruption.

I thought it might be a pretty rare occurance, I've never had it happen before! Oh, really? I always thought corruption wasn't all that uncommon. Thank you!

Last edited:
I visited a dream town a couple months ago and I got stuck with a screen that showed a gyroid-thing on the train tracks. My first thought was that my game was corrupted, but I shut off the power and rebooted and everything was fine. Only that Resetti yelled at me. Other than that, I've had the game freeze while releasing a flea in-game (not in real life, haha) and got a fatal error while I was visiting my island. None of that corrupted the game at all. Just had to deal with Resetti since I shut off power to get out of the screen. And I don't hack, so I don't have an explaination for any of that.

My 3DS ran out of batteries while saving and I couldn't open my town again. It just had the pulsating 'Nintendo 3DS' logo with the red and black background, and you needed to power the unit off and back on again to get it to stop.

Super frustrating. Had to buy another copy, and only fixed my first about two years later when I decided to try and delete the digital download and reinstall.

Ugh, someone gave me an infinite fruit basket and a bunch of other hacked items (I didn’t want them), and my game errored again! I’m getting rid of them ASAP :(

i've never actually had my game crash because of a glitch like that! only when i play with my friends and the connection is bad, but thats about the extent of it :0

Something like that happened to me a while back, I thought I lost my town( Vista).

Another one of my towns (Flora), before the update used to crashed a lot when ever I went into one of my animal villager's homes.
The update might have fixed it, because it haven't happen since.

Last edited:
Ugh, someone gave me an infinite fruit basket and a bunch of other hacked items (I didn’t want them), and my game errored again! I’m getting rid of them ASAP :(

0-fruit baskets don't cause errors. If you have a digital copy, consider switching SD cards.

0-fruit baskets don't cause errors. If you have a digital copy, consider switching SD cards.

Oh, really? As soon as I tried to get rid of it I errored! It must’ve been one of the other hacked items :( I have a physical copy, but thank you for the advice!

Back