• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Doing commissions.

ladyphantomofmusic

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Isabelle
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Ok, so I like to draw, and work with online dollmakers. Are there any rules regarding me doing commissions for TBT, in game bells, or as part of any trade, wither it be items or art.

While we have no rules against selling traditional or digital drawings for TBT or in-game bells, you wouldn't be allowed to sell dolls or other physical items for these types of currency. Section 3.b. of the rules has more information, but essentially any physical item with any type of cash value is prohibited from being sold for TBT bells. You would however be permitted to advertise cash commissions for such things.

:)

well the one thing i think that hasnt been answered here is the dollmaker question
it's frowned upon to sell characters made from dollmakers (and i would go so far as to say its not allowed) because it's not really your own design or art, youre just putting together someone else's work in a game they made. but im sure you could make them for free as requests.

yeah no tbh selling dollmaker / generator characters is generally considered ****ty since you're profiting off other people's efforts. you can give them away for free tho, i know ppl do that

Oh, you meant the dollmakers where you piece together a character using existing art? Ha, thought you meant actual dolls.

In that case, there's no rule that explicitly prevents you from selling these, but you'd need to make it very clear that it's not your original art and make absolutely sure you link to the site you're using as well as credit the original artist. From a moral standpoint I'd say your best bet is to give something like that away for free, though.

Oh yeah, no. I would never claim art for my own if I use a dollmakers. I would link to it, or name the dollmakers app I use. I meant I can use dollmakers to recreate characters really well, and then some. If I have to edit, I will state so. I would never take credit for another’s art. If nothing else I can suggest good doll makers if people are looking. And I would not profit. It’s more the trade part. My own art I would do for the Tbt or in game bells.

Back