• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Koi and blue butterfly

Wow, I am l level 24 and have caught everything except a Tuna. I had several Koi and sold all but 1 for the inventory space.

I just started playing two days ago and I've caught two koi and seen two blue butterflies(i didn't catch either!!)
Haven't caught sight of the rumoured enormous shadow of the tuna or the jewel beetle though, I'll wait those out.

I've caught 4 blue butterflies and had 2 get away. Never seen a koi or football fish and have 3 tuna.

I guess it can be pretty random.

I've only seen the koi in people's boxes. Well, I actually did see two blue butterflies once, & on the same day, but didn't act quickly enough to catch them.

I think I've caught everything by now, but I ran over my first emperor butterfly and screwed up my catch for my first jewel beetle, so I was mad for a while. XD

I haven't caught the emperor butterfly, tuna, football fish, or jewel beetle but iv'e caught everything else

I got two tuna almost back to back, have had one emporer butterfly, one football fish, a blowfish, a miyama stag and one jewel beetle but not a single koi anywhere. What to do with them since there's no museum, though, keep or sell to the shop or market box?

I?m level 52 and caught every rare at least three times by now - except for the football fish, which I haven?t even seen yet. RNG at its best.

Last edited:
Only caught 2 koi, the rest are bought. Ironically though they were both together next to each other on the right side of the river. Not seen one since :(

I also had not seen any emperor butterflies at all since starting, until the last update I had to do and since then I've caught 4... so could just be RNG or maybe spawn rate wasn't what it was supposed to be and was fixed in that update? Most likely just RNG though :lemon:

Back