• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

i have it too much actually, whoops.

Personally the French Fries there are the only reason I like McDonald's :p Definitely prefer Wendy's

@Zendel Thank you! Yes, sadly, we don't have any fast food here. None. TBH, it kind of sucks! (But yay we have technology!)

sorry, but by the way you worded it in the OP you made it sound like there aren't any McDonald's in the UK at all.

I don't eat McDonald's that often, and it isn't healthy, but I will say, the cheap prices make it tempting, but I do prefer their breakfasts than their lunches, even if the burgers are ok. I don't feel like McDonald's is as popular here as it was back in the '80s.

lol @ the "not trying to single out Americans, but it's an American thing, oh but not trying to point fingers at America but look at American people" comments.

But yeah, I prefer other fast food places if I am strapped for cash or just need something quick and nearby to eat. In NYC there are tons of places though, and Seamless is always nice. Of course, McDonald's is always cheaper. When I was younger, my father worked until like midnight-1 AM and my mother was working on getting her nursing degree, so by the time she would get home at around 8-9pm, if there was no food or anything in the house, she would just grab whatever she could and more often than not it would be McDonald's, so we'd gather together and eat that. and i'd steal a nugget or two from my sister while she'd swipe some fries like we both didn't notice??? pftt

Last edited:
I personal think McDonald's food is disgusting, but some people like it. I've always thought that people just went there because of kids toys.

I hate McDonalds. I especially hate the burgers and nuggets. (sorry.) I don't mind the ice cream/fries/pies as much because they taste somewhat good, but I don't like to eat there at all, plus all of it is super unhealthy. My mom still forces us to go because she likes it and it's fast. Only my dad finds it disgusting too.

a lot of people like it. i'm not one of them, but lots of people like their food and thinks it tastes good. i've heard many people say that they only like the fries.
a lot of people live on the poverty line and mcdonalds is quick and cheap and convenient. they're everywhere.
i think it's interesting that the menus are different in other countries depending on the eating habits!

like i mentioned i personally don't like mcdonalds. i like steak n shake and chick fil a and SOMETIMES wendys, but only for nuggets and frosties. i only go there once in a blue moon.

I hate McDonalds. I especially hate the burgers and nuggets. (sorry.) I don't mind the ice cream/fries/pies as much because they taste somewhat good, but I don't like to eat there at all, plus all of it is super unhealthy. My mom still forces us to go because she likes it and it's fast. Only my dad finds it disgusting too.
oh! i almost forgot about the icecream. in the summer my dad brings me and my sis to mcdonalds and we get icecream a lot! well, not too often cause icecream is bad for you....but we love the taste and price.

sorta nowadays (not now though cause it's freezing winter lol) we go to baskin robbins, but their icecream is overpriced so mcd's is still nice.

i remember eating their pie once when i was younger...from what i remember, it tasted really good.

Last edited:
i dont want to know what their nuggets are really made of but id die for them

also their fries mcdonalds has really good fries lol!! we dont really have many fast food chains here, its mostly just mcdonalds, kfc and burger king here and there... whenever i see americans talking about all their different popular fast food places i get really overwhelmed tbh like... thats so many... and they all serve the same junk... omg

Last edited:
I honestly haven't been to one in like....two years. It just....it's terrible. Much cheaper and healthier to make your own food.

I live somewhere in Quebec province where we have a pitifully low variety of restaurants, let alone the well-known restaurant chains. All I can find within 10 minutes to 5 hours of driving is a decent amount of Subways, a handful of McDonald's and the lone A&W. Well, that's what I get for living a less-populated region far removed from my province's capital.

Speaking of McDonald's, my nearest fast-food restaurant does a respectable job of delivering food pretty quickly with acceptable quality. I emphasize "acceptable", since they don't taste anywhere near disgusting, but aren't excellent either. Though, I do absolutely recommend McFries, McPoutine (available only in Canada), and McFlurries with M&M.

I honestly don't exactly know much about the McDonald's situation in USA in general when it comes to food tastes and the quality of service, but I know for sure that there are some McDonald's that handle their jobs better than others. I'm aware that their Canadian branch receive ingredients from different suppliers, and that they're adhering to the stricter food safety regulations and public health laws.

Last edited:
It's absolutely disgusting. This taste is disgusting. The way it makes you feel is disgusting. But sometimes if you're out and about, it's probably one of the only options to go to get affordable food...

- - - Post Merge - - -

the soft serve ice cream is great
when the machines are working

Lol! I'm glad to see this isn't just a local issue

It's low quality food but it's popular because the price is very low, making the quality bearable in exchange for the low price
Hey, they've got decent fries there too

Ive never heard of a fast food chain called Wienerschnitzel, i wonder which states has that one

We got one here in California. I've seen some around the farm cities like Riverbank and Oakdale when I've passed through 'em.

I go for the fries and the sweet tea when they have the $1 any size drinks. I know it's just Lipton with a bucket of sugar in it but it's so good. Occasionally I'll get a fish fillet as well, it's not great but it's the best looking buns they have on any sandwich. XD My family calls it, as well as most other fast food, "In and Out" food because not even half an hour after you eat it it comes shooting back out of you.

So, I hear so many Americans say really bad things about McDonalds, but then everybody goes to eat there? It makes no sense to me...
There's a lot of people that like eating there and there's a lot of people that don't. The US just has a lot of people in general. So, both sides have a lot of people but that doesn't mean that the same people make up both sides.
Personally I avoid it as much as possible, but if I ever do get something from there, it's usually a fruit smoothie or something similar. Health is important of course!

Back