• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

i like it, probably because i rarely go there (or have any fast-food)

I don't really enjoy fast food if I'm being honest, it's unhealthy and just gross. Frappes, coffee and ice cream are the only things I would get from McDonalds.

Here's a little comparison from where I live and the US.

We have: McDonalds, KFC, Dominos, Burger King, Subway and Pizza hut. Pizza hut being less local.

Americans have: McDonalds, Taco Bell, Chipotle, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Wendy's, KFC, Subway, Wienerschnitzel, Arby's, Papa John's, Denny's, Little Caesars, Popeyes, Chick-fil-a, Jack in the Box, Deltaco, Carl's Jr and god knows how many else. That's 18 places off the top of my head which is scary. A lot of these are local to many of you guys too.

The reason why Americans love fast food is because it is everywhere (handy) and they put addicting things in the food to ensure that you guys come back over and over again to make a profit. It's also why so many of you guys are overweight/ obese, sort out your diet or else die slowly. :/ This could be said about any nation who eats a crap ton of trash as well, but the amount of fast foods places you have is a major concern compared to other countries such as England or France.

The reason why there are so many is because of different cultures, e.g Wienerschnitzel and the taco places. And I'd like you guys to look at the fast food restaurants that I have listed in my own native country, notice anything? Oh yeah, THEY ARE ALL AMERICAN FAST FOOD CHAINS. The difference being is that we use different, better and healthier ingredients.

Last edited:
It's also why so many of you guys are overweight/ obese, sort out your diet or else die slowly. :/

Obesity is a growing problem everywhere (no pun intended). In the UK 1 in 5 children are entering primary school already overweight or obese. By the time they go onto secondary school it becomes 1 in 3.

:(

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of their hamburgers but I do like their breakfast. McDonald's isn't somewhere I go when I want something necessarily good for you or even good tasting. It's cheap and convenient and that's why people like it. I live next to a corner that basically has a McDonald's, Wendy's, and Chick fl a all next to each other and since it's so much cheaper than the other two choices I go there more often even though I probably like Wendy's or Chick fl a more.

McDonald's caramel frappes are actually really good though. I'd take one of those over a Starbucks frappuchino any day, and again a large is several bucks cheaper than anywhere else.

Obesity is a growing problem everywhere (no pun intended). In the UK 1 in 5 children are entering primary school already overweight or obese. By the time they go onto secondary school it becomes 1 in 3.

:(

Yeah, I actually edited my post because I didn't want it to seem like I was singling out America. It's truly saddening that this is what society has become and how it is effecting our youth today.

Ive never heard of a fast food chain called Wienerschnitzel, i wonder which states has that one

I'm not allowed to eat McDonalds, the only thing I get from there is apple pie which probably has bad stuff in it too since its McDonalds (that was kind of a joke)

buuut I eat Wendy's and Popeye's so that makes up for it

and yes, I know Wendy's and popeye's probably has bad stuff in it too but that's just how my mom feels

You can't beat a bit of warm apple pie from Maccy D's. ;)

Lol I've only heard the opposite that it's alright, I mean where I like it's like grade A worst fast food places around. Soggy and sloppy all around.

I live in the UK and I see a McDonald's every 10 miles.

I live in a very small town in Sweden and literally have a McDonald's within walking distance. These things are everywhere.

I made a conscious decision to not eat there maybe ten years ago and haven't been there since. Their fishburgers where to die for though.

I liked McDonalds when I was a kid, but not anymore. Kind of tough to escape it considering there are thousands everywhere across the US. It's more of a stereotype then anything.

Thank you all! And again, I apologize if this is offensive or rude, but I just think of McDonald's as an American thing, as we don't have it here.... Sorry...

what do you mean you don't have it in the U.K.?? I don't live there but didn't some people just say they live there as well and they've seen it before

also I understand why u see it as an American thing but it makes me so mad lmao that some people generalize Americans as being overweight and only eating fast food

Last edited:
Guys if you read the op then you would know that she said she lives nowhere near a McDonald's not that there aren't any in the UK. Places differ and she may not live near a city or modern town. Villages and towns with little butchers and fruit & vegetable shops are things you know.

Last edited:
@Zendel Thank you! Yes, sadly, we don't have any fast food here. None. TBH, it kind of sucks! (But yay we have technology!)

I live in a little village, thankfully, so I don't have to be near any of it. haha

i'm canadian and there's lots of mcdonald's near me. i know it's bad for my health so i don't eat it, but when food smells really good and tastes good it's hard to avoid it sometimes. i barely go there though so i don't usually get in that situation.

buuuuut when your dad that isn't supposed to eat food like mcd's goes to the drive-thru and gets a burger just because he's hungry, that's the problem! and you intake all that delicious scent :mad:

I'm 100% American and I can tell you, the only thing I like about McD's is their iced tea.

And even then sometimes it's a bit too sweet.

Back