• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

i mean, my family eats fast food when we don't feel like spending too much money or cooking. it's just really convenient, i guess especially for middle class families with working parnets

the soft serve ice cream is great
when the machines are working

:mad: yeah! keeps breaking. if ur a big rich fast food chain then how about get some better machines that don't break so much

I live somewhere in Quebec province where we have a pitifully low variety of restaurants, let alone the well-known restaurant chains. All I can find within 10 minutes to 5 hours of driving is a decent amount of Subways, a handful of McDonald's and the lone A&W. Well, that's what I get for living a less-populated region far removed from my province's capital.

Speaking of McDonald's, my nearest fast-food restaurant does a respectable job of delivering food pretty quickly with acceptable quality. I emphasize "acceptable", since they don't taste anywhere near disgusting, but aren't excellent either. Though, I do absolutely recommend McFries, McPoutine (available only in Canada), and McFlurries with M&M.

I honestly don't exactly know much about the McDonald's situation in USA in general when it comes to food tastes and the quality of service, but I know for sure that there are some McDonald's that handle their jobs better than others. I'm aware that their Canadian branch receive ingredients from different suppliers, and that they're adhering to the stricter food safety regulations and public health laws.

yay canada for being healthy! i still don't trust the burgers tho

:mad: yeah! keeps breaking. if ur a big rich fast food chain then how about get some better machines that don't break so much

but the thing is, like 80% of the time they're most likely not even broken
had a friend who worked at a mcdonald's in high school and they told me how they don't keep the machine running all the time like they do the friers and stuff because people don't order ice cream at a consistent enough rate to have it on all the time and so sometimes, if you order ice cream and the person serving you is feeling lazy, or just doesn't want to turn on the machine, they'll just say it's "broken"

so yeah.

I think because this fast food chain is so iconic and people were able to dig up a lot of dirt about their procedures and food handling processes that it gets the bad reputation. Despite knowing the truth people still love greasy food, especially their fries. I personally do not eat there at all and I will avoid it at any cost.

I think altogether fast food is trash no matter where it comes from, even the little lies that we tell ourselves to justify such trash:

"Oh it's a healthier alternative!"

Some fast food choices are healthier or seemingly healthier such as Chipotle but even places such as that have an incredible drawback (e-coli cases) and risks.

I?ve been sooooooo good. I haven?t had McDonald?s in months. But today I bought their 10 piece chicken nuggets and now I hate myself a little :rolleyes: McDonald?s is my super cheap super convenient choice. I?m so extremely broke this week and still need money for Christmas shopping. So McDonald?s is just nice fore the convenience of being everywhere and gives us a reason to be lazy with our choice of food. It?s not so terrible with moderation like any other fast food place.

i don't even care what's in it ?\_(ツ)_/?

okay so like i actually do care a little, so i don't go often, but i still go cause it's good

idk, i don't really care for mcdonald's as much as i used to (or just fast food in general). it's usually too greasy for me and i always feel like **** after eating it, so it's just not worth eating there anymore tbh.

its...a very...unique place. It's gross in all aspects. But then again, I'm a vegetarian. Even when I wasn't though, I still kinda hated that place. If I ever go there it's for their fries (or mcflurry when the ice-cream machine is actually working. I once sat and waited 45 minutes to get my ice-cream bc that's how long they took to fix it, and I really wanted it)

That's really weird I live in the UK and we have a few McDonald's where I live I guess it just depends.
I would say the UK is a bit obsessed with McDonald's too

This reminds me of that one Jay Versace vine where he pretends that he's calling McDonald's and he keeps asking for stuff but they don't have it lmao

like I remember he said "can I get a cookie???" And then the McDonald's person was like "we ate em xDDDD" (without the XD of course but it's funnier if you see the vine)

its...a very...unique place. It's gross in all aspects. But then again, I'm a vegetarian. Even when I wasn't though, I still kinda hated that place. If I ever go there it's for their fries (or mcflurry when the ice-cream machine is actually working. I once sat and waited 45 minutes to get my ice-cream bc that's how long they took to fix it, and I really wanted it)
You know their fries aren’t vegetarian, right?

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but it's not a good idea to make such a broad generalization. It's not like the same Americans that are dissing McDonald's eat there. Often times it's a cheap solution when you don't have enough money to buy real meals.

Well, about that...McDonald's fries contain beef fat which means that it is not a vegetarian product and you are consuming the fat from beef which is from cows.

Living in the U.S.A myself, especially in California, I prefer McDonalds. it?s bad but not bad for me at the same time, since I barely eat. You?d expect Americans eating McDonalds everyday to be obese, but, truth is, weŕe just there for the taste. Sure, the makings of the chicken nugget is questionable, and some foods like the very greasy fries and the burgers are fatty, but nonetheless delicious.
I only wish I had money to afford McDonalds. I?m usually dead broke. lol

well like, i think its more likely because of how popular it was when it first came out. they basically got the monopoly on the fast food business for a little while.

but...its like eating garbage to me. i can't stand their hamburgers or chicken nuggets (their fries are decent). i really only go there for the ice cream now, and even then 1/3 visits they say "Sorry but our ice cream machine is broken right now"

I personally think food from there tastes awful. Even as a kid, I'd usually go for the toys. I've gotten sick from eating there way too many times as a kid so I haven't gone in 8+ years, lol. There's way better tasting food for cheap out there. To each their own, though! :)

my experiences with mcdonalds have been mostly positive! when i was a little girl i'd always get the vanilla soft serve and some fries. i'm more of a burger king / wendys chick, but i don't mind getting mcdonalds. it's the sort of food you get on a drive when you're too strapped for cash to order at a restaurant, but you want something half-decent to eat.

I generally don't eat fast food very often these days, but even when I did eat fast food more regularly when I was younger I was never fond of McDonald's. That is probably due to experiences in my early childhood of them always managing to mess up my order by putting onions on it. If I ever felt like getting a burger it would have been from one of their competitors.

As for why it's so popular despite the reputation, it's a combination of branding, some of the people complaining about the food not actually being customers, people who are customers being willing to look past the health impacts and just eating the food for the flavor, and presumably affordability. Since I haven't had a fast food hamburger in over a decade I can't attest to how their price stacks up against other chains, but you get the point. Overall though there is the appeal of fast food in general: that you don't need to cook after a long day of work or school.

mcdonald's is not that good. but it's cheap and convenient so sometimes we just settle for it haha

Back