Does anyone get demotivated to play when a villager moves into a bad spot?

Feraligator

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Dusty Scroll
Yellow Candy
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
I had patterns laid down everywhere and it seems I missed a spot. I tried plot resetting for a villager and I got caught up in something else while doing it and just kept pressing A at the start up screen... I then realised I started up the mayor file by accident (as if I haven't done this 1,000 times already!!!).

So right now I have a villager who's destroyed some of my layout and moved onto a path (natural).
I usually reset or stop playing altogether.

Anyone else feel like this? I hope the next installment allows you to choose where your villagers live...

So far no. First year before the update/cards Sydney moved in to the wrong spot. She was the 10th villager and I didn't know about villagers getting picked up thru streetpass. I tried to fix it doing all the wrong things which didn't work. Over the year I was able to work around her and it worked out for the best. My park that she ruined is in a better spot.

I made another mistake with Teddy plot reset. Started a new player and the house was in the right spot. I than forgot to make a new player and started up the mayor. His house wasn't in the same place but I was able to work with where it got placed.

I do have plans to make a half mice/hamster town one day and try the plot resetting using amiibo cards. I've seen a lot of streamers trying to get plots done and villager placing house where tiles were missed. Still with all the tiles placed the villager kept moving on the tiles with the new character. There was a lot of moving villager in and out until they got it right. When I do it I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss some tile placements and go thru moving them in/out.

Like you I hope they let us pick where a villager lives in the next game. I would love for Isabelle or Nook to greet us at the door and ask if we would like to place the house. Place the house and the next day greet them at the train station. Spend the day helping them unbox their items and give them a welcome to the town gift.

I've had my town totalled by villagers moving into bad spots. I'd visit a town, and end up with that person's voided villager, in front of my house.

Then I discovered plot resetting. ^_^

I've definitely felt that way. I didn't know about plot resetting until I joined this forum in August, so I had many inconvenient move-ins. I kept my original town for years despite that, but I was always a bit unhappy with things because of villagers moving in wherever they wanted. Once I started playing a second town, I did reset when something like that happened. Now I know how to plot reset, so it usually doesn't catch me off. What really demotivates me to play at all is when a favorite villager moves out.

A little :/ I cleared out all the trees and flowers in my town to encourage Mitzi to move somewhere other than near my house, but I forgot to place paths blocking off that part of town and of course she decided to move in directly below my doorstep. Thanks Mitzi.

Fortunately if I decide it bothers me too much I have her amiibo card, so I can move her back in immediately if she ever decides to leave. I just hope I remember to put down paths next time lol

yes. flo literally moved in RIGHT next to me, which would be fine, but it's ONE SPACE BACK and not symmetrical and it bothers me so much

Sort of. I bought a villager from another user on here and he moved into literally the dumbest spot possible (I didn't even realize he could squeeze his house in there). I want to play by building the town around my villagers instead of spending hours resetting for a good map, then more hours plot resetting. It was frustrating seeing where a dreamie moved in, but I was able to come up with a "story" for his spot.

I finished my first bridge PWP and on the next day Eunice moved in right in front of the entrance! Not a big problem, though, but I had to make workaround with paths.

Sometimes, or when I'm resetting for them and it takes forever I just settle and then get mad because I didn't choose a better spot.. then it ends in me restarting with the same goes and repeating the same cycle. Goes to show why I still don't even have a town, I just started a new one this morning.

Back