• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

"too close to something else"

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
So I was trying to place my Fountain in front of my town hall. Isabelle always let me do it but today she was saying "this is too close to something else". Anyone know what the something else is supposed to be?

When you build a PWP or place a building, there has to be a one-square-wide perimeter around the object. When there are two buildings or two PWPs next to each other, there needs to be two squares of space between them.

When Isabelle tells you it's too close to something else, it means that the object;s true perimeter overlaps with a nearby object (river, rock, building, plaza/train station tiles, etc).

I could be standing in the middle of the Sahara Desert, and Isabelle would still tell me my 1x1 topiary was too close to 'something else'. o_O

Last edited:
When you build a PWP or place a building, there has to be a one-square-wide perimeter around the object. When there are two buildings or two PWPs next to each other, there needs to be two squares of space between them.

When Isabelle tells you it's too close to something else, it means that the object;s true perimeter overlaps with a nearby object (river, rock, building, plaza/train station tiles, etc).

Yep! it's possible something may have changed and moved into an overlapping spot that wasn't there before, like a disposable rock, villager's house that moved in, etc. What exactly did Isabelle say it was too close to? Or did she not specify?

I remember in my old town I wanted to put a bridge somewhere and isabelle hit me with the old 'something else' thing too, I looked around and there was literally nothing other than some trees and flowers and that red zen bench PWP (even tho it was what seemed to me a good distance away from where the bridge would have been) so I'm guessing when she says 'something else' without specifying what the 'something else' actually is... its a PWP

Apparently Isabelle decided to let me place it where I wanted to put it. :confused:

4jDHRs1.jpg[

1tLPl8V.jpg

Still don't know the cause of her not wanting it there originally.

"this is too close to something else"
Ok.....can you be more specific? What? WHERE?!
*scooches over half inch*
"Perfect!"
.....Really.

"this is too close to something else"
Ok.....can you be more specific? What? WHERE?!
*scooches over half inch*
"Perfect!"
.....Really.

THIS HAPPENED TO ME LOLL
Literally the exact same situation, I wanted my fountain in front of town hall but she said it was too close.. I moved down maybe a step, spoke to her again, and she changed her mind. xD

It's so frustrating! I've completely had to re arrange where I wanted everything to go because it wasn't aloud -_- I've also used up all my pubic work projects when I actually.nees a few more to not make my town look empty. I hope they change that in the new game!! :mad:

Back