• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Israel

i don't know enough about the conflict to feel comfortable taking sides, i've read about it and i tried understanding but it's a really long and complicated conflict with many victims.
i don't think it's good to do something that stirs up more conflict, idk how much trump thought this through but obviously this makes the conflict worse - it would be better to talk about ways to achieve peace or something instead.

the conflict creates division between palestinians and people who support them, and jewish people in other places in the world, too, which is worrying.
a synagogue in gothenburg was recently attacked with burning objects and while the motive of the attack hasn't been released to the press yet there's a risk that it was because of the palestina/israel conflict since apparently one of the people who have been arrested was born in gaza and has written pro palestina things on twitter. (x)
this specific case isn't super important (especially since the sources i have are Uhh ... questionable) but my point is that there has been more antisemitism and hate crimes against jewish people here lately (i personally haven't heard of jewish people attacking palestinian people but obviously that could be happening as well) and that is really worrying. we really don't need more division and hate crimes between ethnic and religious groups, you know...?

Last edited:
Back