• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Poor Language on Timed Goals and "getting" or "collecting" specific fish

dabbler

Bells
Poor Language on Timed Goals and "getting" or "collecting" specific fish

I dislike how it says
"Black Bass Collecting! Get 5 of them."

as I would read this to mean that get can also be purchase on the market.

side note : 5 of one rare fish in 1 day?!?!?! kinda bs imo

I think buying them counts though?
I might be wrong but I thought I accidentally completed one of those by buying from a box and was pleasantly surprised.
However even if i had completed it by buying from a box I suspect it could've been a bug as it was before these updates and fixes and it certainly wouldn't be the first bug i've encountered in this game

Buying them from a market box hasn't worked for me either. When the needed thing is as rare as a black bass I just skip it. I am not going to dedicate that much time to playing.

Ive found that purchasing to complete the goal doesn't work (even if it could have previously). I also had questions about the way it was worded and tried purchasing a black bass hopeful that it would work and it didn't count.

I actually completed one by buying stuff once, but only once, and it hasn't happened since so I guess it was a bug. Had a timed goal to collect 10 coral shells, and I couldn't find any. I also had a few requests to fulfill so I bought some and it gave me credit for the goal. But just yesterday I was in the same boat and bought some to fulfill requests and they didn't count.

I mean it does say to collect them, so I never assumed buying would work, I assumed that literally meant get out and collect them.

Last edited:
Timed goal: "Host 4 animals at your campsite"
Me: *Well that's odd. I am currently at my max of hosting, which is well above 4."
Me: *I'll just swap out a few, that should be good.*
Me: *No? Oh, there are four new animals.*
Me: "WHY NOT JUST SAY HOST 4 NEW ANIMALS?!"

Back