• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Question regarding custom furniture.

ladyphantomofmusic

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Isabelle
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Ok. So I want to get a cushion, and customize it with a sleeping cat pattern. Thing is, would it change if I were to replace that pattern to an outfit one, but have the cushion in the home, or would I need to keep it.

And would this be tha case with any custom patterns.

Example, I set item to have pattern A and set it in house. Then I replace pattern A slot with pattern B. Which pattern would item have A or B?

Last edited:
When I've used a pattern to customize furniture, then edited that pattern, my furniture changed to the new one.

Last edited:
Same as BigMikey said. I think even Cyrus tells you that if you change the pattern, the object you applied it to will change.

Ok, that really sucks, if I do what I want to do with a bed, or the cushion, then I need to keep those patterns on me even if I want to change things up. Will need to think on it.

oh yes it really does suck how it changes. i believe the only things that you can place patterns on and they don't change when you replace them in your design window is:

-design board/standee
-face-cutout standee

that's all i know of though, there might be other things too

The town flag doesn’t. I changed it originally to get to the approval rating, then I found a qr code since someone made the original flag, so I changed it back (I like the tree) and then changed the pattern in the slot, and the flag didn’t change.

The town flag doesn’t. I changed it originally to get to the approval rating, then I found a qr code since someone made the original flag, so I changed it back (I like the tree) and then changed the pattern in the slot, and the flag didn’t change.
oh i forgot that. yeah, that and the other two i guess are what patterns will stay on.

Yeah, the design carrying limit really sucks. If you use patterns outside you can use alternate characters to try and alleviate the problem at least.

Yes. If you change the pattern or swap it out of the inventory, the pattern on the item will also change. This also happens with paths. About the only thing I've found that won't change is the cut out sign or the signs in the museum exhibit hall.

Back