• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

can't open spoilers

mitfy

court jester
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ruby
Pink Candy
..yeah, that's basically it. they show up, i can't open any kind of spoilers in posts, titled or not. is anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it?

i use chrome and spoilers work fine! maybe something is wrong with your computer or mouse?

it must be something within chrome, but i'm not sure what. maybe an extension, but i haven't added anything new that would've changed how the site functions. maybe privacy badger got an update and it's messing things up, idk. i'll check.
it works on safari so it's definitely nothing with my computer itself.

- - - Post Merge - - -

nope, it's not privacy badger..
i believe i cleared my cache before i created this thread, so i don't think it's anything to do with that. i dunno, this is weird. would clearing cookies do anything? i'm not sure how that'd be connected...

i have no idea what is happening maybe ask the mods? try clicking on the spoiler in my sig and see if it works make sure your mouse has the finger extended ( or whatever your computer does when there is something to click )

i have this issue too!!! i was gonna ask about it later :eek:

maybe try disabling extensions? or clicking on it while the page is still loading?

i have no idea what is happening maybe ask the mods? try clicking on the spoiler in my sig and see if it works make sure your mouse has the finger extended ( or whatever your computer does when there is something to click )
yeah, it does the pointy thing. it should click but doesn't open.
i have this issue too!!! i was gonna ask about it later :eek:
whew, at least i'm not the only one :rolleyes: i hope we can figure this out
maybe try disabling extensions? or clicking on it while the page is still loading?
don't believe it's any of my extensions. the only ones that might be affecting it are probably privacy badger and ublock, and i tried disabling both of them and it didn't seem to be the problem. and the page loads too fast for me to click before it stops haha

Ok, I just had this problem on the bus so here are my solutions:

A) check your internet connection is stable at that point in time (it helps)

B)wait for the page to fully load

I hope you fix this problem soon;;

Ok, I just had this problem on the bus so here are my solutions:

B)wait for the page to fully load

I hope you fix this problem soon;;

my internet's stable and the page loads very fast most of the time (and while i've been having this problem) so trying to do things while the page is still loading isn't a problem.
thank you though c:

Is it a specific spoiler? or is it all of the spoilers you try to open?
The only thing I could think of is that it could be the computer or browser itself, since you say nothing is really wrong with Chrome.Iḿ currently on a chromebook atm on CHROME, spoilers work fine (Except that I can?t see signature pics, probably because i?m on the school wifi)
Still works nonetheless... Best thing you could do right now is ask the staff, they usually know what to do. :)

Spoiler content is loaded in with the rest of the page. This won't make any difference.

However, I do appreciate that I've not been of much help myself.

Try loading a page in incognito mode (Chrome: CTRL+Shift+N or Menu -> New incognito window) and see if spoilers work there. If they do, it's an issue with something such as a problematic JavaScript file being cached and can be resolved by doing typical browsery fixy stuff. If they don't work there either, it shall remain a mystery.

Spoilers seem to work at the moment for some (including myself) and not for others. WooOOoo, spooky.

Last edited:
Spoiler content is loaded in with the rest of the page. This won't make any difference.

Try loading a page in incognito mode (Chrome: CTRL+Shift+N or Menu -> New incognito window) and see if spoilers work there. If they do, it's an issue with something such as a problematic JavaScript file being cached and can be resolved by doing typical browsery fixy stuff. If they don't work there either, it shall remain a mystery.

Spoilers seem to work at the moment for some (including myself) and not for others. WooOOoo, spooky.

im using it! didn't know you can do that :eek:

Is it a specific spoiler? or is it all of the spoilers you try to open?
The only thing I could think of is that it could be the computer or browser itself, since you say nothing is really wrong with Chrome.Iḿ currently on a chromebook atm on CHROME, spoilers work fine (Except that I can?t see signature pics, probably because i?m on the school wifi)
Still works nonetheless... Best thing you could do right now is ask the staff, they usually know what to do. :)

tried incognito mode, doesn't work.
really weird. it worked on chrome until a few days before i made this thread, i'm not sure what would've changed for it to do that.

Back