• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I feel conflicted

Tianna

Mayor of Palafae
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1357-7592-6118
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Cherry (Fruit)
User Title Color Change
Tasty Cake
White Rose
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Orange Mote of Flame
Yellow Candy
EDIT: BEFORE Y'ALL DISS ME FOR THIS, READ THIS THREAD: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?440344-RIP-Wisteria-and-hello-Illura!

AND ALSO THIS FROM THE COMMENTS HERE.

It is lol. You're right, this is my first AC game ever. And you're also right that Marshal wasn't the only reason, though it became the breaking point reason for me to quit.

There were many other peeves I didn't like.

-Didn't like my basic player model
-Didn't like my town layout
-Didn't like my town name
-I didn't like where I placed my cafe, Resetti's place, house, campsite
-This one person on the forums traumatized me and gave me terrible memories on the game (not mentioning who but one thing's for sure: they're a straight-up pedophile)

And the list goes on and on... So I restarted. This time I'm going to make a town that I can truly love. I'm sure of it! And leave that dump of a mess behind lol.

Ever since I lost Marshal due to inactivity last year (school bleh), I've lost 100% of my interest to even touch ACNL. Like I wanna pick it up again and develop my village but seriously, I get so agitated cuz my favorite villager WHO JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE THE FIRST ONE TO MOVE IN EVER moved out and my village has gone to complete sheet since then.

Unwanted villagers galore and my town has no order and control anymore.

I kinda wanna restart tbh but I'm not sure if I should cuz I spent so much effort and hours into this game but playing it without Marshal is literally infuriating, you have no idea. And people price this diggity dang villager too high IMO.

If I had him back somehow, I'd play again. But for now, just-

Augh.

I dunno what to do. ;;

Last edited:
Hmmm, well you didn't hear this from me (;P), but there are functional, fan-made cards of him on Etsy for only $4.99 (I feel your pain because I want Ankha and her card is going for $25 to $30 on Ebay right now *_*). Or, maybe someone on the forums can give/sell/trade him to you for a much more reasonable price. You may want to check the Villager Trading Plaza, or just search for him in general on the forums here to see who may be able to help you out with getting him back.

There's cycling town shops and shops where people have most/all the amiibo cards in villager trading plaza that can most likely sell marshal for a decent price!!

Since you haven't played acnl in so long, I'd personally restart the town by selling it to nook, then getting marshal from one of the shops as soon as you got your new town together so you can have him from the beginning all over again as well as have a fresh start/keep and add money and possibly your catalogue too if you decide to keep it.

In the end it's ultimately your choice! I wish you luck getting Marshal again and enjoy Animal Crossing B)

I have to admit something. I love the game, got it ages ago, and played to the point I upgraded my house and all that. And then I started trading with people on this site. And while I didn't stop/loose interest because of a favorite villager leaving (the one I really want has never shown up, and I tend to like most of my villagers) I just became so overwhelmed, that I stopped playing. That was in 2014. I know I could go back, and time skip over and over to present day, but I don't want to. I have so much in that save, I don't want to go back. So I got another game, well I got Animal Crossing New Leaf New Welcome Amiibo, which is a new game. I didn't have to erase what I had (so if I have to I can go back and get what I want to transfer), but with this new save/game. Its life a fresh start. New villagers, one who I have become quite fond of, and I hope I can get her picture incase she does move. But I know there are more villagers to be fond of, and this time, I am trying not to be so obsessed.

Last edited:
Buy his amiibo card. Real or fanmade. I have both.
They work the same and are cheap.

Buy his amiibo card. Real or fanmade. I have both.
They work the same and are cheap.

Yeaaaaah I've seen his card go for 30 bucks. And idk if this person wants to drop that on an amiibo card. I know I wouldn't lol

it's called animal crossing not marshal crossing like seriously are you playing the whole game for ONLY ONE villager? I suggest that you try to give at least ONE other villager a chance because your taste is just too limited for a game with such variety.
for the longest time I was convinced that I only like wolf villagers until I met some amazing villagers of other species like half of the deer, some cats and other villagers I never knew would turn my gaming experience for the better.

it's called animal crossing not marshal crossing like seriously are you playing the whole game for ONLY ONE villager? I suggest that you try to give at least ONE other villager a chance because your taste is just too limited for a game with such variety.
for the longest time I was convinced that I only like wolf villagers until I met some amazing villagers of other species like half of the deer, some cats and other villagers I never knew would turn my gaming experience for the better.

Aren?t you being a bit harsh? Maybe we don?t know the full story. This could have been Tianna?s first Animal Crossing game, and their first village. If that was the case then it makes sense. I know with minecraft if something goes wrong in a world, I would feel so disheartened, I would leave the world and start a new one. This could be the same in a way.

it's called animal crossing not marshal crossing like seriously are you playing the whole game for ONLY ONE villager?
It may seem silly to you, but everybody enjoys Animal Crossing for their own reasons. Maybe seeing their favorite little character around town just happened to be theirs. :lemon:

OP, perhaps it'll help if you try to open up to the villagers as if all of them had their own distinct personality rather than simply snooty, cranky, etc. A lot of people tend to find their favorite villagers that way, whether it's all in their head or not! Marshal is one of the more attractive characters, so I do understand why you like him.

That said, if you simply go with the flow and chat with anyone who moves in, maybe you'll find some more villagers to play for? Little diamonds in the rough!

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and tell yourself popularity isn?t everything and try to accept your unpopular villagers

Aren’t you being a bit harsh? Maybe we don’t know the full story. This could have been Tianna’s first Animal Crossing game, and their first village. If that was the case then it makes sense. I know with minecraft if something goes wrong in a world, I would feel so disheartened, I would leave the world and start a new one. This could be the same in a way.

It is lol. You're right, this is my first AC game ever. And you're also right that Marshal wasn't the only reason, though it became the breaking point reason for me to quit.

-This one person on the forums traumatized me and gave me terrible memories on the game (not mentioning who but one thing's for sure: they're a straight-up pedophile)

And the list goes on and on... So I restarted. This time I'm going to make a town that I can truly love. I'm sure of it! And leave that dump of a mess behind lol.

Last edited:
It was just a suggestion!
I've seen them for $1.

It's called 'being helpful'.

Bruh amiibo cards NEVER sell for $1, not even unpopular ones I don't think but definitely not marshal.
I know it's called 'being helpful' I was as well with saying popular villager cards are not cheap unless you wanna drop 30 bucks on one or get REALLY LUCKY with an amiibo card pack? Sry apparently you thought I was being rude where I was just giving a statement about you saying they were cheap

Last edited:

I can understand, not with this game, but with other game titles where you can create. Like I said, Minecraft is the big one. The worst part is when something goes wrong, the dropping feeling in the chest for me. And yeah, like I said before, I had last played ACNL in 2014, I stopped, and didn?t want to go back for so long. I don?t even remember who my villagers were, or the town layout, But I like what I have now. When choosing the map, I literally took everything into consideration this time around, and the face, I chose for the eyes only, since I plan on changing her hair. But that aside, I can totally understand. And if you ever need to talk, and share, feel free to message me.

ok ok let's calm down now....

i know getting an amiibo card for marshal is not going to be easy. so i would say that you cycle 16 villagers, and then use tbt to get him from a cycling shop here. you don't even need to try and find the amiibo online for like an outrageous price, you could do this if money is a problem for you.

but if you feel like you're gonna leave the game again for a bit and he might move again, might as well get his amiibo. there is a free way to get him back, though, so you can choose. but i don't feel like resetting your whole town because he moved is worth it.

ok ok let's calm down now....

i know getting an amiibo card for marshal is not going to be easy. so i would say that you cycle 16 villagers, and then use tbt to get him from a cycling shop here. you don't even need to try and find the amiibo online for like an outrageous price, you could do this if money is a problem for you.

but if you feel like you're gonna leave the game again for a bit and he might move again, might as well get his amiibo. there is a free way to get him back, though, so you can choose. but i don't feel like resetting your whole town because he moved is worth it.

Lol too late I restarted yesterday. But it wasn't just because of him. There were multiple other reasons too. Such as the following.

So yes. This has been my final decision and I am proud to say that I have no regrets for doing so. :)

Restarting with the new features doesn't sound so bad these days, another option is to just do what I did when this happened to me in WW and quit 'till the next game comes out. Yeah, not a great option either, but it felt right for me to take a break that long and then go hard on city folk.

I have to admit, lately I’ve been thinking of restarting my Wild World animal crossing game (if I can place my hands on its . I have the original game, and city folk, but it would be more handy to have that game on the ds and handy to access. And If I remember correctly, there isn’t any online stuff for it. Just luck.

I think you made the right choice. :) As someone who has lost her favourite villagers before in the past I know exactly how you feel.
I think some of the people responding here were kind of harsh. Just because Marshal is popular doesn't mean someone can't get extremely attached to him! I was just as heartbroken when I lost Olivia as when I lost Rosie, regardless of popularity. Thankfully I eventually managed to get both back and my town feels complete once more.
Good luck with your new town and hope you can reunite with him soon. <3

Back