March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Coco
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Peach (Fruit)
Waluigi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Classic Easter Egg
Gold Super Mailbox
It's the middle of finals week right now for me and I've been listening to music much more than average, more so when I study. Doesn't really affect me I think, but it makes studying slightly more tolerable.

hbu

Yeah I guess if it's just writing essays and papers, not much when I need to stuff useless facts in my head for a test or stuff though

I actually tend to play TV shows when I'm doing homework/studying. Sometimes I play music but I easily get into music so I end up singing along.

Sometimes I do listen to a bit of music (Metal, 70s prog) when I study. I tend to listen to more music when I have to write a essay or research paper that requires lots of pages lol the music helps my sanity.

Last edited:
I wish I could, it doesn't bother me but my mother won't allow it.

Ehh, it depends really. I'm usually able to focus better in silence but sometimes I'll put some very soft music on to drown out background noise if my family are being noisy.

i need a lot of noise to concentrate properly (i hate complete silence and i have problems with concentration so the best way for me to actually focus on something is when im in a busy place because then i somehow can block it out and get in The Zone lol) so i listen to music a lot when i study. i mostly listen to kpop though because the lyrics dont distract me as i dont know the language, but i also listen to movie/game soundtracks and instrumental covers etc. i also loooove putting on ambient sounds, my favourite rn is gryffindor common room , its so nice!!!

Last edited:
i heard that listening to music w/ lyrics confuses your brain, so i listen to songs with no vocals (apparently instrumentals affect you too b/c your brain fills in the words? whack.)
usually i listen to pokemon OST. Snowbelle city is my fave bc its so soft and dramatic at the same time.
if i'm doing homework like math tho, i listen to whatever b/c it's not really words? its just numbers and letters

Yes, I definitely listen to music while studying. Especially if I'm writing reports or essays, or just going through my notes, it helps me stay a bit more focused and concentrated. Sometimes I can't bare it with music and need silence, but that's fairly rare for me. Sometimes it's better to have music in a public place like the library to drone out any talking or whatever else is going on. It doesn't really bother me what music either, usually it's just my favourite rock songs. It just gives me a boost of energy lol

yes yes yes
last year had me in an eminem rap phase but this year it's mellowed out to like
um
james arthur
ed sheeran
plain white t's
maybe even some classical sometimes

yeah i have to
i will just refuse to start studying or whatever and sit there
having music makes it less boring eventhough it usually distracts me

I can't study without music. It needs to be music I've already listened to numerous times because then I won't focus on the lyrics.

I'm one of those people who prefer to start studying at night when everyone's asleep and there are no distractions whatsoever and the only voice being heard is my own so anything that makes any kind of noise (including the ac) has to be switched/turned off.

I tend to need music to get me in the mood, and then once I'm in the zone I turn it off because it then becomes annoying. I put one song on repeat so that it after a few plays it just becomes background noise.

yes, and it's a distraction since i like to change the song i'm listening to very often, what makes it worse is that once i go on my phone again i might feel like making a quick post on tbt or texting someone

Back