One Last Update I wish for AC:NL

Mayor-Riley

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Yes~ yes~ I know Animal Crossing: New Leaf is now getting closer to it's 6th anniversary. It had it's time with a lot, A LOT!
of free major updates.

However, ever since Happy Home Designer and Pocket camp was released, there were things that I really REALLY wanted for AC:NL for this christmas. Which is not likely to happen.

There are two majors features I really want from HHD and PC.

First, character customization. This one is well, Hard to change now. Since, how you choose your character's appearance is chosen by talking with Rover. Which I think is symbolic and creative, but.. inefficient and uncomfortable. By simply handing you a template of faces and hairs you can choose, it saves so much time and effort to simply make a character you want. I had so much trouble getting shampoodle in our town, so when it comes to hairstyles and contact lenses I have to be a little bit salty.
Plus, skin color! Oh~ why oh why did Nintendo not add this! They could have added a tanning machine in Shampoodles to make the tan permanant! Instead, you have to go to the island, and stand there like a scarecrow.. for 15 minutes Every Day!

Next, is the villager activity animation. I don't know what to call it but.. you know in New Leaf, villagers don't interact with a lot of furnitures. Besides um.. sitting on a chair. I have never seen them interacting with furnitures. However, since HHD came out, villagers started to interact with their furnitures significantly!
They sing if they have a microphone, they lie down on their bed, they play instruments (in Pocket Camp) they have so much vitality in them! Unlike in New Leaf where villagers just.. act like walking, talking, chore-giving zombies..

So.. yeah. These main two features are the only things that I want for New Leaf if they were to get a miracle-update.

How about you guys? Was there anything that you wanted to be added in the game? Do you also think the features I mentioned above should be added? Let me know in the comments! I want to know what you guys think! ^^

Last edited:
The change NL needs, is for PWP's like the useless police station to be demolished.

If you want dark skin, go to the island every day like I do.

I agree though I don't think we should expect to see it. It would have been nice to be able to choose a skintone from the go (or for there to at least have been a variety in the premade looks) since it would make sense that not everyone was white af, haha, but oh well, hopefully this will be a thing in future games.

Just get rid of the tanning feature, it makes it inconvenient for everyone who wants to keep their character at a certain skin tone that isn't the darkest to play in the summer. Have skin colour randomly assigned in the beginning of the game to keep the 'feel' of Animal Crossing. Then have an unlockable tanning machine in Shampoodle (that also allows you to pick colours lighter than your character's colour of course because it's a game who needs realism) where you can pick your permanent skin tone and change it whenever you like.
So basically make it just like hair and eye colour. It's more convenient for everyone this way, I can't imagine how irritating it must be to keep your character dark by tanning at the island. :(

Last edited:
It's great tanning on the island.
I get to escape the sloths in my town and do some peaceful fishing.

Shampoodle doesn't really need an tanning machine, after all it's an hairdresser.
Although we get contact lens which feels kinda out of place.

I'd expect a final update which fix the useless wifi from Camp Ground and more amiibo support.
But, I find kinda unlikelly that it'll happen.

Yeah I wish they added skin colour like in HHD and PC. Like, come on not everyone is/want that pale skin. And really that tanning is way too temporary.

And ya, make it so you can get Sanrio villagers from other... them scalpers... Or release some new batches like you did with the WA cards

Back