Do your mayor/other characters have stories or personalities?

Byebi

got 2 saeran dakis
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Silver Mailbox
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Or set personalities that are different from yours/your mayor? Do you give them a specific theme?

For me, my mayor didnt have a theme/story/personality at first but i think someone asked once why she has a halo and if she's dead, and from that I came up with the back story of like. she died at a very young age and always liked animals/wished that she could talk to them, so she's happy in heaven(?) now living with the villagers in her town??? ((i spent all my wishing well/fountain money wishing that my plushed animals could talk so thats kinda where it comes from))

my other character has a food/restaurant house. Doesn't relate to her personality but she's a cheerful girl that is very unlucky. She wears a yellow raincoat with a red backpack or a white dress shirt with green plaid skirt/suspenders. she's covered in bandages.

My third chara was modeled to be Judar from Magi but I'm not into him anymore. I've remade him into Saeran/Unknown from mystic messenger but now am considering just remaking him completely. he's punkish w tattoo sleeves

WvD0ivKRS1Kp9CbK7GayLA.png

I have a punky tomboy character named Riley. Her room is filled with musical instruments, and many other music related furnitires. Her fashion style mainly focuses on torned jeans and denim jackets. She loves the color pink, her hair, wetsuit, and her house exterior is all pink!

Her roommate is a mad scientist&doctor called Sarah. Sarah lives in the basement of Riley's home. She usually wears her doctor gown, but once it gets dark outside or she is home all alone, she wears her bloody doctor gown. Her furniture mostly focuses on surgery&hospital themed items. She has high interest on examining other villagers.

Riley is the mayor of our town, and even though she knows Sarah is doing no good, she overshadows everything.

So, basically my town has this.. um.. peaceful on the outside, but horrific in the inside kinda story.

Highly motivated by a character named Kira Yoshikage.

Last edited:
Yes!
I love when people put time into their characters!

I usually use the extra houses to fill out the town more as both home and like restaurants or hotels or corner stores.

My current town has mayor Peachy who is Basically just some version of the junk I like irl. But I'm thinking I'll make her more mayoral soon as if she finally has accepted her role here and takes it all very seriously and just matures as a person in general (but still being a crazy cat lady)

Then I have Emi who lives at the university in the dorms and loves knowledge! She's artsy fartsy and her older sister Fei is about to move into town to open her own Bakery on mini main Street.

Lastly we have Quinn the owner/operator of the town's cliffside hotel(currently more of a bed and breakfast but he's expanding quickly!) His story is up in the air rn but I kinda just roll with him being in love with the view the one time he visited in the past and finally following his dream to build a hotel and make people happy there~

I also have a witch/coven town in the works but that's too many incomplete ideas to dump here rn

My characters certainly have personalities, though not entirely of my own creation. Cybrtron is a Transformers fan town, so my human residents are based directly on Optimus and Megatron.

Optimus is the level-headed leader type (hence why he's mayor), and still recruiting Autobots (old habits). In the TF universe, his rank would be Prime - the cultural and spiritual leader of Cybertron. Hence he has a lot of positive interactions with villagers. I've done a bit of a callback to his origins as a scholar/librarian as well - I've divided up museum donation duties between my two characters, and Optimus donates only fossils and artwork.

Megatron is the dangerous type, still recruiting Decepticons behind Optimus's back. In a post-war TF AU, his rank would be Lord High Protector - the military leader of Cybertron. He interacts less (and less positively) with villagers. He's also responsible for infrastructure, so I'll be using his character to set up my paths. To represent his combative nature and gladiatorial origins, Megatron donates only fish/diving creatures and insects to the museum.

... I may have gone a bit overboard on the details, but what can I say? I'm passionate about my hobbies, and there's so much potential for ACNL and TF to cross over!

Mine do. It's usually something that develops over time as I play, but sometimes I get an inspiration and create a mayor or side character for it. And they are usually quite different from my perception of myself, but are more like things I wish I could be or do.

Yeah! My mayor is a shy, soft guy who likes to farm and is in love with all things Christmas/winter. Marshal and Raddle have their houses near his so I've incorporated them into the story as helping him with the occasional farm work. Raddle is also the town's doctor ofc. Then my side character Riley is a punk sort of girl who's the leader of a biker gang. Eugene set his house up near her's so because of that and his dress style, I like to envision he's in her gang as her right-hand man (koala).

my mayor is just me. my other two characters are based off fictional characters (daishou from haikyuu and maya from ace attorney) so their personalities are kind of like, implied, since they already exist elsewhere and aren't like OCs or anything.

daishou only really reflects his character with his appearance, like the green hair and the volleyball jersey (one of the only pro designs ive done myself yeet). his house actually comes from an inside joke/headcanon that my friend and i came up with (since we're writing a fic w him in it) that he has like 300 houseplants and... yeah. so his house is just filled with plants, plus a cool downstairs and a flower-themed upstairs.

meanwhile maya reflects her character both in her dress and her house. i got the QR for her outfit on these forums, actually, before i signed up! anyways, right now her house is an arcade (with an upstairs with a mix of japanese style and sloppy furniture for her bedroom), but i think i might scrap that idea and move her house to another location and make kind of... an inn, maybe, or something like that, and kind of mix together some japanese items and cabin style items to make it seem homey. idk, we'll see!

Although the town is under a ton of construction i do got an idea of what i want for my human characters!

(This is copy/pasted from my profile description which is why its got first person point of view writing. Also Miles is basically just me.)

I run the little town of Cryptade. I originally was brought there to investigate mysterious happenings that tend to go on. The mystery that brought it all to my attention is of a huge, human-like foot print. Larger than any villager in town. Everyone seems to be very curious and fixated on these happenings. Saying that it all could be cryptids faults.
Although my main goal was just to visit to investigate, I found myself digging deeper and finding more strange phenomena. I decided to stay for a while and move in. What was supposedly a temporary set-up, ended up with me becoming the mayor. The previous mayor had retired and the residents of Cryptade were desperate for leadership as soon as possible. As interested and excited as they are about the towns events, they were scared and wanted guidance. Isabelle had the idea to appoint me as the mayor, and everyone agreed. I found myself put on the spot and agreed without thinking. I didn't want to disappoint them.

Since then, I've actually done pretty well as mayor despite my early doubts. In fact, the residents has trusted me with turning Cryptade into a cryptid tourist spot. Not only to show others the wonders of cryptids, but maybe we'll even meet some. And even find the answer to the large footprint, now a pond and town symbol.

A lady who moves into Cryptade early in development, she runs a museum/giftshop for the town. I don't have much info for her yet but she's rumored to be a Wendigo.

A mysterious man who also moves into Cryptade early. His original intentions will always be kept a secret. He moved in since he's an actual "cryptid hunter" and was looking for more "trophies" and saw promise in this town. He never ends up actually doing any harm and later changes his mind after he becomes best friends with one of the villagers, Rolf, who was supposed to be his first target.

I might come back and add some drawings of them, but i'm not sure what their main outfits will be atm :0

Last edited:
My mayor is just me :/ now I feel like I should make a second character that actually means something but that's too much work

my mayor is just myself but i have a side character named Maple, she's a girl who wanted to start over in life and 'reinvent herself', so she decided to move to a new town and change her name to Maple because her life is a "New Leaf", its kinda lame but i like it ahahaha;;;

tumblr_inline_mg2b9ckJaV1qdlkyg.gif
so nice to read about others' stories~ but its also fun to just put yourself in the game!

My mayor is a young girl who got lost and eventually died in a fairytale forest. The town's theme and story were inspired by the story of Anastasia Nikolaevna, who was presumed lost after her family and servants' brutal massacre until her body was discovered in 1998. I also chose this theme because I always thought the fairytale Town Hall looks similar to the Saint Petersburg cathedral. Since the name Anastasia is too many characters, I named the mayor Katya which is a popular nickname for Ekaterina and because I thought Anya would be too obvious a reference to the animated movie Anastasia. I am debating changing the town tune to Once Upon A December, though.

My town is based on the Fictional Kingdom I made for my Novel and I am working on the first 2 characters.

Tsukuri is the Mayor, but she is the Crown Princess of the Kingdom of Okari. She, Being Okarian, is part Animal/Demon (Arctic Wolf in her case) and she has Elemental Powers (Ice). She is conflicted in what she has to do for her Kingdom. She is betrothed to the enemy Kingdom's Prince in order to unite the kingdoms, but she is in love with her Guardian Protector. Has a bubbly younger sister named Gabi, who is a White Rabbit Demon. Her Dragon Demon older brother Drakuma (Drak) has been labeled a traitor so she has to either kill or banish him. Parents have been dead for a while. She has a strong sense of justice.

Nimoy is the Guardian Protector/Lover of the Crown Princess. He is a Deer Demon. Very Quiet, yet caring.

I am also going to make Gabi and Drakuma.

My mayor is basicly me, my name, an will have hair close to mine when I?m able to get the salon. She has glasses, because I do, and I think they are cute. Clothing is based on what I think looks good. QR code clothing included. The home is a mix of thems I like. Past games I have been strict, but this time trying new stuff. May change around in future.

Last edited:
I went for a witchy theme for my town! So I decided to make my mayor / villagers different types of witches. My mayor is sort of like the High Priestess of a coven / village wise woman, so I want to fill her house with books / bookshelves / oddities. One of my villagers is a black witch, so I want to fill her home with all sorts of creepy, spooky things. Another villager is a herbal witch, so I've used the mushroom furniture to decorate her home, and filled it with plants. My final villager is a white witch. I haven't quite decided how to decorate her house yet, but want it to look very pure and innocent.

My mayor, while it was originally just gonna be a carbon copy of myself, grew to be his own. Granted, some things, we would definitely take interest in, but more on that, later. I guess my mayor would definitely be a Lazy-type, with a dash of Cranky. The reason why I say Cranky is because he's into Zen stuff. His house is Harmonious-themed, and he loves doing the town up in Zen theming. On top of that, he loves to use the environment as an excuse to laze around and relax, be it play games with Punchy, or just sit down with a nice meal with Lolly, despite Isabelle's incessant nagging to get more trees planted.

My mayor is a lazy laid back guy named pummel, and being like me he was eager to off on his own. So now he got stuck being mayor, but that doesn't weigh the little guy down because he'll make the town his own lazy and mellow haven.

my mayor is basically me, her looks are the same as mine but she’s cuter than i am, rip. she is a witch who loves cats and gardening and fishing and collecting curious objects, bonus points if they are purple.

Q: Do your mayor/other characters have stories or personalities?

A: Yes. My characters in my Animal Crossing New Leaf do have a story behind them. The theme of my town tells a story about myself. Working towards completing this theme of a town that I wanted is going to take me some time to accomplish. But... I do have all the ideas that I want for it. All I have to now is make those ideas come to life. I'm really glad that I finally stuck with a theme for my town since I would usually just re-create my town once I get bored of my town in Animal Crossing New Leaf. I would like to go into more details about my idea; however, I rather share all that once I finish fixing up my town.

On my town I have no set personalities. Though one of my characters in Cocona named "Yumi" (she's also in my husband's town and has her own town) has her own store with a basement concert type thing.. And a classroom.

But my husband's town has characters with set personalities.

Skai is an ex-criminal along with his lover Sora. They were a Bonnie and Clyde relationship until they both decided that they had enough money to settle down and live their loves together. He owns the Gorgeous set with his old gas mask as a trophy. He would wear it on their crime sprees, while he has Sora's lacy white tank hung next to his bed. He keeps them as memories of their past and how they initially fell in love. He was a trouble boy growing up while she was an outcast, so he invited her to steal at a local grocery store and after that they started doing bigger jobs. He enjoyed that part of their life but now he wanted to enjoy a calm and peaceful life. So they moved into a town where they made him Mayor (knowing his past since most of the villagers are also ex-criminals lol) and gave him the life he wanted. Of course the authorities don't know his whereabouts, and the police living in town is a crooked cop.

Sora is Skai's wife. After living her life of crime on the run she wanted something a bit more permanent. She's always wanted to be treated like a princess so Skai gave her that when he bought her the Princess set (lol). She keeps a plastic replica of their wedding cake next to her bed. She is proud of her criminal background, yet she lets Skai keep her shirt. She's currently working on a nursery to welcome their first child.

The Yumi in this town is Sora's twin, so Skai's brother in law. She is a kleptomaniac, and enjoys being spoiled. Skai invited her to live in his town and she gladly accepted since her parents kicked her out because of Sora's criminal activity. They feared Yumi would be just like her sister (and she did). Though her parents send her letters to check on her and Sora every so often. Yumi loves dark colors, a reason why she makes sure her furniture is dark. Except for her Harvest set, which is purple another one of her favorite colors.

Other than that xD My other town's mayor and characters don't have personalities... yet lol.

Back