• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How upgraded is your house (s)?

How big is your house?

• Main room, no expansion

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Main room, 1st expansion

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Main room maxed out

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Basement

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Basement, 1st expansion

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Basement, maxed out

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Upstairs

• Upstairs, 1st expansion

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Upstairs, maxed out.

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Left room

• Left room 1st expansion

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Left room, maxed out

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Right room, 1st expansion

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Right room, maxed out

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Back room

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Back room 1st expansion

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Back room, maxed out.

Votes: 36 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Hi, would you like to take a survey?!
I have the main room and basement maxed out and upstairs and back room 2nd expansion, and I think I'm done.

I have 6 characters over my 2 towns, so I got a little confused here. x)
Answered with Mayor Nopa in the end: her house has all rooms except for the basement, but except for the main room none of them is maxed out yet. I think I'll keep both the kitchen and the bathroom small. :)

i have 2 characters but one of them i only really have for the extra path patterns haha, but on my main one i have a fully expanded house :))

My mayor on my first town has a fully upgraded house. Every room, full size. My second character has all the rooms but not fully upgraded. Third character has main, second, and back rooms, on their way to being fully upgraded.

My mayor in my second town only has the second house upgrade.

I only just started playing so my house is teeny-tiny (main room only, first upgrade). I can't help it though: every time I go to Nook's, he has a roof upgrade or mailbox or fence or something I want, and he won't do the exterior and the interior at the same time :( I'll be getting the main room expanded tomorrow though. Even though I wanted the pavement stones he was selling, I forced myself to get a bigger house - the pavement stones'll be for sale again later.

For my Mayor in my main town I have my whole house except for the basement maxed out.
I don't plan on maxing out my basement either...​

I like it when people furnish a small room, its so cozy

but I like my rooms big (cuz i like finding things to fit in it eee)

8x8 main room, 6x6 upstairs room. That's as far as I've gotten so far. I keep sinking my Bells into PWPs.

I've had it for over a year, it's done.

I got one expansion done per day, until it was maxed out.

cameron - entire house maxed out
daishou - main, upstairs, and basement all maxed out
maya - main, upstairs, back, and left room all maxed out (might redo her tho)

Fully expanded except for the basement, it just suits my design better this way.
(If you are curious I made the decision not to expand in the thread linked in my signature)

My mayor's house in my main town has all of the rooms fully expanded, and I also purchased and paid off the secret storage that was introduced with Welcome Amiibo, so it is complete. I have a few other towns but the houses in those towns are still incomplete since I haven't dedicated as much time to them.

main room and back room are fully expanded

left and right rooms are 6x6, i?ll probably expand both

my attic is 6x6 and i don?t plan on expanding it because it?s my bedroom and i love how cozy it is at this size. 8x8 would ruin that.

basement is still 4x4, haven?t decided how big i want it to be yet

I have two houses that are fully expanded. I just can't remember if I finished paying for the secret storage upgrade. My third house currently has a main floor that was expanded once and a tiny second floor that I built mostly to enter a tbt contest. lol

For my main house I have the main room, upstairs, left room, and basement all maxed out. The right room I just have the one upgrade because the furniture I have in there would be lost if I maxed it out. I did not get the back room because it would throw off my main rooms furniture arrangement.

I have two other characters and one I just have the main room, basement, and second floor maxed out, and the back room I have at second expansion also because if I went bigger the set in there would be lost.

The last character has all rooms maxed except for the left room and back room, which are at one upgrade each.

I have debated on making a fourth character to have more rooms to display furniture, but the way I did things in my town I have literally nowhere to put their house unless I take down PWPs.

Maxed out, for both of my characters.

In my main town: my Mayor's house is fully upgraded.. kinda regret it, but whatever.

Last edited:
My main character has everything maxed out, mostly because I want to store as much random junk in the rooms as I can when I sorting through storage.

I have 4 houses, the mayor's house has a fully upgraded center/main room (a heap of mess, but mostly resembles a living room) and I recently added a left room (kitchen), upstairs room (jungle themed bedroom) and a basement (bathroom).
the three other villagers has a fully upgraded main room (balloon, sci fi and jingle themes)

Back