• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your opinion on musicals?

i love them a lot! i don't talk about them as much as a used to, but i'm still passionate about them

I don't enjoy them.

I find it hard to take any of them seriously, so I just don't go to them.

I absolutely love musicals. But only theone's I've seen performed on stage.
Phantom of the Opera, Livet ?r en schlager, Jesus christ superstrar, Ms. Saigon.

to be honest they make me cringe for the most part and I view them as a wasted space that could be filled with better content but there are exceptions I guess?

i'm not a big fan of musicals, but i also seem to enjoy musical adaptions of things i already like. (looking at you, shrek the musical) they actually brought my favorite movie anastasia to broadway so i really want to see that if it's ever put on netflix or comes to where i live.

i don't know a lot about them, but i have a friend who loves them and talks about them a lot, so they seem pretty cool!

hi im back and i saw book of mormon last night im so blessed i love them all thank u mormons i got socks too

i've only seen one musical in my entire life, but i really do enjoy listening to the soundtracks of other musicals. i like the soundtrack of hamilton, heathers, phantom of the opera, and more. i'm planning to see a bunch more in the future with my sisters,

they're great. full stop.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm not a big fan of musicals, but i also seem to enjoy musical adaptions of things i already like. (looking at you, shrek the musical) they actually brought my favorite movie anastasia to broadway so i really want to see that if it's ever put on netflix or comes to where i live.

i saw anastasia the musical on broadway and the set design and costuming was seriously breathtaking. i cried like twice.

i barely know anything about musicals. are they just full of songs or something?

yeah, basically. they move the plot forward through musical numbers and choreography. some are just signing the entire time (ie. le mis), but most usually have regular acting parts between the songs.

i mean, have you seen any animated disney movie? it's basically that but onstage and more dancing. it's fantastic.

theyre all **** except for the one i saw on broadway which was mary poppins lmao

I don't really have a strong opinion about them, I think they're alright. I haven't really watched any out of interest, but I don't mind going to watch one if I was offered the chance, but I don't think i'll become a fan of them anytime soon.

Last edited:
I enjoy them! Phantom of the Opera and Jersey Boys are my favorite musicals. Everyone seems to be into Hamilton lately, but it doesn't sound any good to me. I'd love to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child next.

I love musicals so much. I can't even express how much I like them. For favorites, I hate trying to pick one, but I definitely like the classics like The Sound of Music and Into the Woods, or stuff like Assassins or Spring Awakening which not many people have really heard about.

I love musicals so much. I can't even express how much I like them. For favorites, I hate trying to pick one, but I definitely like the classics like The Sound of Music and Into the Woods, or stuff like Assassins or Spring Awakening which not many people have really heard about.

Spring Awakening is a very well-known piece of theatre

I kind of wish I liked them more than I actually do, since the people who like them are so interesting lmao. I've been to a couple of live ones, and I did really enjoy those! Love the atmosphere.

Eh, they're not for me.

I enjoy musicals! I'm into more contemporary ones as well as Disney musicals, but I did a lot of theater as a kid and love singing theatrical songs. Unfortunately, because I live close to NYC, so-called "theater kids" had a tendency to enter some higher plane of pretentiousness that really turned me off to actually *doing* musicals. But I really enjoy watching them and singing the songs!

Back