For those of you who have a second (third/fourth/etc) town...

Mareets

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
6612-3912-5512
White Cosmos
New Horizons Token
What do you.. DO with that town ? I have a second town (main one is digital download, second is on a cartridge) and I've had it for a while now but I don't know what (if at all) my goal is with it other than to play it... which sounds obvious and good enough but I'm still curious, do YOU guys have actual uses for your extra towns or what ?

Well, my extra towns are also used for an unlimited supply of perfect fruits and being able to trade amongst myself. Granted, that requires a second system, but it comes in very handy.

The other reason I have more than one town is because I love too many villagers and need more towns to hold them all.

If i get second cartridge I'd personally use it just to play a second town with a different theme :0
Some people like to use them for villager cycling to make some bells on the forums and/or find their own dreamies to move into their main town.
Most of the time i've seen people use them for differently themed towns, challenges or cycling. I don't think anyone would use more than one copy for cycling though.

I have my "main" town where I play casually, I take my time, and on the others I have a lot of ideas that I am trying to develop, when I play on those I am more focused on the results. On my main I'm just going with the flow :)

Ive always wanted a town with a different theme but
none of my themed ideas are very clear, so until I know what I'd really want I probably wouldnt be getting a second game

but I dont even like landscaping.... LMFAO

the only other reason id want a second game is because I have a lot of different ideas for houses. I like taking characters from animes/other games and throwing them into AC.

I bought a second copy after being on the forums for a couple of months and seeing all the cool things that everyone had done that I had no idea that you could do and I didn't want to restart my town cause I've had it since the beginning. Also I wanted more than 10 villagers

My main town is 4 years old, most of the shops are unlocked (except Katrina, that elusive creature) and it just feels a little stale. BUT it's four years of work and I don't want to get rid of it. So I got a second town so I could start fresh without deleting all my old stuff.

Plus, my main town doesn't have a theme, it's just for fun. My second town will actually have a theme once it gets past the early stages.

2nd town is a Guest town. It's a town where my online friends can drop by and buying anything. It's set in a different season so it's helpful for those that need a different bug or fish.

I have spare towns that grow perfect fruit and leave it set on days where I have high turnip or premium fruit days.
Good place to pick weeds.

One town I let villagers come and go. Play it when I have time. Later I plan on making it a half hamster/mice town.
Another town players are named after people/pets that are special to me. One house is my grandmothers. She would have loved that house.

Extra towns are a good place to display all the event furniture. One player has all holiday event stuff. Another has Weeding Day, bug /fish off and pascal items. Another has a Campus College House with 7-11, some of the Campus Set and the Hello Kitty with Marty pieces for the dorm room.

I've seen some nice towns that had houses that were stores. Plants, toy, food and clothing were in one house.

I have one town, a digital download copy, that I use for immediate gratification. I'll time travel in this one; namely for stuff like getting special villagers, moving villagers out, and designing clothes when The Able Sisters is closed. It was my first town, and basically, I do whatever I feel like in this one.

My second copy, the physical, I don't mess around with the clock deliberately unless it gets out of whack. It's basically used for a more rewarding playstyle, a new town aesthetic and another set of villagers to enjoy.

It's a lot to balance, either way. I can't imagine having two towns I take as seriously as my main, the one without time travel!

I have a second town because I love a lot of the villagers and since I can only have ten in one town, I need some others in another town. Another reason is because I have a lot of ideas for different house, room layouts and decorations so instead of changing the items in each room, I get another town, more players and make different themed rooms. I haven't started my second town yet but I can't wait because I cant remember what it felt like when I first started. Both towns I will keep time normal though. Though I might time travel before getting my villagers.

My extra towns exist so that I can have more storage space, so that I can have different themes to base the towns around and keep the game fresh, and so that I can have more of my dream villagers. The ten villager limit is one of the glaring downsides to New Leaf since there are so many potential villagers that you might like but would have to choose between if stuck with just one town.

They are an extension of my creativity and interests, though my towns are admittedly pretty barebones compared to a lot of other towns since I haven't bothered with utilizing patterns to decorate any of my towns yet. None of this has proven overwhelming thus far either, as I tend to binge play and then take breaks that can last weeks or months. Keep track of, and travel back to, the last date and time you played and it's like you never left because as far as the game is concerned, you never did.

Back