• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Who's your favorite smug, aside from Marshal?

Although I've never had him (shame, right?), Julian is one of my favourite smugs.
Ones I've had experience with that I adore are definitely Kidd and Wolf Link.

OH MY...how could I forget Eugene? He's the coolest cat (koala) out.

Last edited:
Beardo and Eugene are loves. I'd never let either one leave. W. Link is growing on me, though.

I'd say Olaf. I don't know why no one seems to like him but I think he's so nice :)

Am I the only one who is like, obsessed with O'hare?

Nope! I freaking LOVE O'Hare, and he's easily my fav smug and one of my fav villagers.

With his reddish-orange hair and tiny hat, he looks like an Irish bunny. I mean, how cute is that?

Julian is my favorite smug. He writes me such amusing letters. I have never had Marshall, so I don't really know what he is like.

Only one person is showing love for Kyle, Kyle's my buddy!
And Lionel! I do also love Lionel.
I also liked Marshal when I had him in cycling, whether or not he's the most popular or overrated is irrelevant to me.
It's all the same dialogue...

Last edited:
None !! I honestly can't stand the smug type, I've got zell in my town right now and he's growing on me but I still don't like any of the smug villagers. In my old town I had Julian and I couldn't stand him lmao

Olaf, Julian, Tex and Phil are tied for my favourites but I also like Zell and Colton. :)

Well, the smug I'd most like in my town at the moment is Kyle. Sorta got a scruffy, cute, dopey look about him, but still very clearly Decepticon.

I think he'd fit right in.

Pietro but he's my favorite overall villager so as a second pick I'd say Julian. I was actually expecting Pietro to be a lazy villager when I first saw him, I kinda felt like smug didn't suit him for awhile but now I think it works lol

i am not actually a huge fan of marshal

i like zell, shep, lionel, klaus, kidd, keaton, jacques, henry, chops

Back