• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone recommend Mario Power Tennis?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
I've been thinking about getting it for the Gamecube since 1.) I want to expand my GCN library, and 2.) I hear it has some hilarious cutscenes involving Wario and Waluigi and their wacky antics. Plus tennis is my fav sport :p

Has anyone here played it? And if so, would you recommend it?

I don't have the Gamecube version, but I have it on Wii. I love it. The cutscenes are hilarious, especially the opening sequence. Each character has their own attributes, so it's wise to come up with a strategy based on your opponents. The AI is well balanced in this game. As you proceed from tournament to tournament, it becomes more challenging.

If you love tennis and Mario, then this is the game for you. And be sure to check out the other games in the Mario Tennis series.

Yeah, I think the Gamecube version is the best out of all of them. I felt like the Wii version didn't feel as right controls-wise but that's just me. Mario Tennis is the best sports game aside from Strikers so go for it. It's fun and challenging. :)

I don't have the Gamecube version, but I have it on Wii. I love it. The cutscenes are hilarious, especially the opening sequence. Each character has their own attributes, so it's wise to come up with a strategy based on your opponents. The AI is well balanced in this game. As you proceed from tournament to tournament, it becomes more challenging.

If you love tennis and Mario, then this is the game for you. And be sure to check out the other games in the Mario Tennis series.
Well heck yes I love the two! :blush:

I've played the one on the N64 (granted, on a bad emulation on Project64) and I really like it. I figured after seeing the hilarious screenshots I'd try Power Tennis out too.

Plus who could deny Wa-and-Wal-centric cutscenes?

Last edited:
Meh it was fun back in the day but it's honestly kinda bad if I go back to it today... The tournaments get flippin' BRUTAL to the point I had to give up.

Back