• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you regret your town name? Why or why not?

nope. Red Oak is a name I have used for a while and Greymoor is fitting of a medieval town. I like them quite a bit.

Not really? I really am quite happy with my town name. It's simple and I like it. I usually spend wayyyy too long thinking of these things.

I've had 2 serious towns for new leaf since I got it, both were friend suggested jokey references (highland and danktown...lol...) and I never really regretted it, it was lighthearted and fun but i just recently sold Danktown to Nook and I've restarted with a theme now so I actually chose a 'real' town name this time hahaha.

In previous AC games I was super young and I even named my GC Animal Crossing town Hawaii because.. well I was 7, my villager was named Elmo, too... hahah

At the end of the day tho... it's just a game and town names have never been that deep for me

I regretted naming my town LSD when I first got the game in 2014. After 2 years of having my town, I deleted it because I was so unhappy with the name. It had all my dreamies in it but I just couldn't do it. I had a moment.
Now I have two copies and although some might argue my names are unoriginal, I love my town names.

Not this one, no. But I had previous ones which made me cringe, I didn't hate/think much of them though.

YES i really hate mine atm lol. the name itself is nice but the way i spelt it is soo wrong and makes it weird-looking djsjjk idk how it turned out like that but it's spelt r?indrop ingame and it irks me so much. it would've been okay if my 12yr old self didn't get out of her way to be extra and put a bunch of unecessary symbols???? but i can't even bear to think of deleting my town bc of its name i love it too much ugh

I really like the name I chose (Mossfern) but I wish we were given more space. I had so many other name ideas that were just too long! I really wanted something like Ravensgate but couldn't fanagle a good alternative for it. Still, Mossfern's not too bad.

I like my town names, I think they're cute. I picked something for Wild World which I later regretted, so I didn't want to do the same in NL. I do find the character limit a bit annoying though, I had to discard a lot of ideas because they were just 1 or 2 letters long.

I'm so irritated with my town name. I named it 'Virginia' because as a European I thought that was cool but at the time I didn't realize just how many Americans play this game so the name is the most unoriginal name I could have ever chosen. So impersonal too, I've never even been to Virginia!
Should have gone with a nice European place I've actually been to, Tallinn for example.

Back