Do you regret your town name? Why or why not?

I regret using it for all my past new leaf towns since I never went through with the theme before so the name is just a little tuckered out for me but I still love it and wouldn't change it :> i just wish it felt more fresh

Only my first NL town that I named Balamb because I couldn't think of anything else at the time.

But I've put more thought into my other towns and I'm very happy with those.

i like both my town names (mistvale for my white and purple town and mitaka for my studio ghibli town), but i kiiiiind of regret the name of one of my side characters in mistvale. she runs and onsen, so i wanted her name to be japanese, but picked sakura which is lowkey really basic lol
it's fine though-i'm at peace and her house is all paid off anyway so :')

Nahh. I liked my name for my old town and the name for my new one. My old town was The Void and it just sounded/looked really cool seeing it in game. Plus it gave it a eery sort of vibe which I liked! My new town is named Honeydew and that name actually means something a bit special to me. Long story short it reminds me of..home. Not MY home exactly but just the memories associated with that word remind me of the feeling of being home. Idkk that's very sappy but I like it haha

no, i love my town name. it has kind of a silly origin but i love the meaning behind the words, and it combines two of my favorite things.
i did, however, regret my first town name, which i named "my butt" to be funny. that's exactly why after a month i reset it :'D

I like my town names a lot, but the novelty of them wear off after a while.
My first town was called Zaronn which I thought was very original, so I was proud of it. After a while though I felt like it had a kind of edge to it--maybe it was the Z--that didn't really fit my town.
My town name now is Sylvan, which I really like. My pseudonym is Syl, so it fit nicely. And then I found out there was a villager named Sylvana, and I immediately bought her card. Now she lives in my town!

I just kind of which I named my character "Syl" in this new town instead of my real name, just to tie everything together.

i used to hate my old one, Sugartop (i went thru a pastel phase, and i over-did it lmao)
my current one, Vanilla, is super cute to me. i chose it bc vanilla is a good word, and also bc i wanted to have a natural (or "vanilla" town)
now that i think about it, Caramel would be a really cute town name too

I think my main issue with my town name is that it doesn't fit my town's look at all, I just chose it cause it sounded cool/edgy to me. If I could rename it, I'd definitely choose something more ethereal.

Yeah, I wish I could change it. Idk what I was thinking when I named it quaktown

Well, when I first started AC:NL I didn't realize you could name your town whatever and thought it had to be an actual town's name. Canaan isn't the best name but it isn't the worst either. Besides, as it's almost four years old I've already done too much to reset. I've got 40 million Bells, a nearly complete catalog, all of my dream villagers, complete encyclopedias, a full museum, and a map I absolutely adore. So, no regrets here!

Last edited:
Yes and No. Yes because Memes is a very trash name No because its a very good name for a theme I'm trying to put together lol. But Mostly yes

My towns are names Sundance and Hangzhou, and I'm very happy with both. :)
Now, permanent PWP placements are a different story... ;v;

Not at all! I spent quite a while thinking of creative names that I liked the sound of. For both of my towns. And I am rather partial to both of them! :D

I like my first town name (Beyond), my second town (Hamilton) I named in the midst of my craze over the musical and I kinda regret it but it's a pretty great town so I'm not resetting

Definitely, because I got the game used and over a year old. So, Novaria--meh... When I got it I had no clue about resetting, or ANYTHING, for that matter. Recently did a "fresh start", though, and despite the name, and the mayor's name, I like my town much more now. Plus, "replaced" three "unliked" villagers, so we are all good!

I started my second town, Elenrast, myself and still love the name. It means "star shores" in Elvish.

I'm happy with all my names.
I named Cascades after my gamecube town, and I thought long about that name, I'm happy with it. There's only like 3 other Cascades.
Since I like being the only one, if not, one of few towns with a name, Redbow is a name I came up with since I wanted a cuter but not cutsie name. (I'm the only one)
I was looking for an old west/vintage type name and I found the name Chapman, which also means merchant since that town was going to be a cycling town. BUT I love it, so no cycling there.

The game I bought that became Chapman was Heather, and that's a pretty name but it's not something I would naturally pick.

Well, my town's pretty new, so I don't have much to regret. I do, however, regret the character limitations on the name entry field. Ten would have been much easier to work with than eight.

My town is named Cybertron, but to enter it into NL, I had to shorten it to Cybrtron. Not that big a deal - I know what I meant - but still a bit annoying.

Back