• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Something you wish your peers would understand about you?

I've actually been considering it, but I don't have any videos yet. I'm sure I'll make a post in The Museum when I do :)

I'd love to hear you play! :D

And i feel you on that :/ I don't have a "backbone" so I'm constantly letting people walk over me.. Lately my friends (ages 25+) are talking about how when I turn 21 and give birth that they are going to take me bar hopping.. And honestly i HATE drinking.. I've tried telling them that but they are like "Once you get a taste you'll love it!" They are both married and have children themselves, and well this is my second child.. And I just don't like how they become after drinking.. One would constantly grind on other males in front of her husband and the other gets flirtatious, and honestly it doesn't change my opinion on them, its their lives they can make their own choices.. But when they start telling me things like "I hope you become s**t faced like us! it's going to be so fun!" I don't like it.. I've developed an irrational fear of men (meaning I dislike being alone with one, not that i think they will do anything >.> it's just I get so uncomfortable and scared, it might have something to do with my social anxiety.This also applies to male family members except for my step father, grandpa, and obviously my husband... Ive never had this fear before until 2 years ago..) and just being alone scares me.. I have drank once when i was in high school (;-; just once) and i DO NOT remember anything after taking a few sips... And the thought of being like that again just freaks me out... I'm super loyal to my husband, we've been together since he was a freshman in high school, and he's pretty much my only real friend.. So whenever they get drunk they are like "ugh screw out husbands! They are scumbags and blah blah blah" and I'd tell them "Well, i love my husband" and they'd laugh. "When you get older you'll stop being so loving towards him. You're still in the honeymoon phase" and its like yeah i get it.. But my husband and i have been through the honeymoon phase and left it.. then we hit a really hard point in our relationship... and well we've learned that once one of us become "unloving" or what not then the relationship goes south... like super south... and i just wished they wouldn't push their marriage issues on us.. They both mentioned how they regretted getting married and pregnant.. I don't. I love being married to the man i chose.. I love having his kids, heck i plan to have one more after this. But idk.. They make my relationship seem like "oh its just a temporary thing" they've both had lives before their husbands, but my life before my husband was pretty much nothing. We both grew together.. and they didn't grow with their significant others... idk... I'm just rambling now..

A message to my high school classmates:

Yes, I like to sit alone in the library and be on my phone. That doesn't mean I'm weird or you should take pity on me and ask if I want to hang out. Sometimes being alone is nice. Also I like video games and childish things and that's ok. At least I'm not ****ing a whole bunch of people like a lot of you are. Stop trying to get me a boyfriend or inviting me to events I have no interest in. It's annoying.

Dear stupid people in my old class

Stop shipping me with other blacks just because I'm mixed race. Just stop.
Please.
I don't love them, they are my friend.

Dear my current class:

Stop shipping me with people.

Also, they don't understand my obsession with Pok?mon smh

A message to my high school classmates:

Yes, I like to sit alone in the library and be on my phone. That doesn't mean I'm weird or you should take pity on me and ask if I want to hang out. Sometimes being alone is nice. Also I like video games and childish things and that's ok. At least I'm not ****ing a whole bunch of people like a lot of you are. Stop trying to get me a boyfriend or inviting me to events I have no interest in. It's annoying.

Lol that be like my dad's side of the family to me lol

I hope none of you take this the wrong way

A lot of the girls I knew growing up and right now are very flaky and fake. None of them ever really show their real selves. And I wish they did. I have a much easier time talking with men, because they haven't been cultured into thinking they have to pretend to be perfect all the time. I can have a beer and talk about anime without being told that I'm weird, or having to compare myself. It's like I'm constantly in a competitions I didn't enter, but ONLY with women. My best friend is a young lady that's only 19, (5 years younger than I), because it seems that the generation immediately behind me is much more open and less.....fake.

Again, this isn't saying that ALL women I've ever known are like this, nor that I don't like women, (I am a woman, so...there's that). It's just something I notice, and I don't pretend to be perfect, I don't want to shop all the time, I don't always wear makeup....and I just wish I didn't feel like people looked down on me because of that

to not take everything i say seriously, as i'm usually kidding 99.5% of the time. also, that i'm just shy and awkward, and that i'm not trying to act aloof on purpose.

All my issues. I feel like every time I try to open up to someone I always get shot down. So now I just hide my feelings

I get a tad annoyed when I pretty obviously ignore someone but they don't take the hint. Seriously, some people get to the point where they would probably grab my ear and yell into it to see if I'm deaf or something since I don't even bother to look at them or say anything. I don't do this because I have any resentment towards whoever is trying to talk to me (and thankfully nobody really ever gets this idea), I'm simply not in the mood to talk sometimes. Well... that and most things people wanted to talk about back in middle and high school were pretty dumb topics that I'd rather not get involved in (college is so much better oml).

When society doesn't understand that you don't like pop like everybody else, you like orchestral music. It's such a shame that it's not listened to as much as 'conventional' music, people really are missing out.

Last edited:
When society doesn't understand that you don't like pop like everybody else, you like orchestral music. It's such a shame that it's not listened to as much as 'conventional' music, people really are missing out.

That kinda goes along with people not appreciating me playing piano. I don't necessarily play orchestral music, but it's all classical, and no one in my age group seems to appreciate classical music. It's really sad.

That I'm not available 24*7 just because I don't work or study atm. Well tough ******* I do stuff that my job coach requires and I see people now and then, plus I need alone time.

@everyone who has met me ever: I'm not antisocial I don't want to be left alone I'm just reeeeally shy and awkward

i dont care what people understand and dont. all i care about is one particular person who understands me in every way

I wish that they would understand that I don't give a crap about their petty ass problems with each other.

I wish that they would understand that I don't give a crap about their petty ass problems with each other.

This. So much this. If I have to hear about another messed up relationship or be asked who's right one more time, I'll scream.

I really wish they'd realize how I am. I try, but I don't always get it right. I'm anxious, I'm sad, I don't always know right from wrong. I wish people wouldn't get mad at me when I do or say something dumb, and instead just talk me through it. Sometimes I say things that aren't cool when I'm in a bad state of mind, and sometimes I don't know how to cope. I have a talent for making people like **** and I always have, unintentionally. I wish my peers would understand that. I also wish they'd understand the signs of my behavior and recognize when I'm in pain. When I'm not myself. I'm forced to do things I can't physically do because I feel so low to the ground, and sometimes I just need someone to realize that and hug me and tell me it'll be okay. I wish they'd understand that sometimes I need to be left alone, sometimes I need someone to hold me, and sometimes I just need to not do anything for a while. But no one will, so for now I just have to keep going through the days. This got deep and emo asf, sorry lmao

I wish people would know that when I'm depressed my sensitivity is heightened like a sixth sense. I know it's not always obvious when I'm depressed because I tend to give off negative vibes anyways but it'd be nice if people would try to go a bit easy on me sometimes.

I know that's too much to ask for though.

I wish people would know that when I'm depressed my sensitivity is heightened like a sixth sense. I know it's not always obvious when I'm depressed because I tend to give off negative vibes anyways but it'd be nice if people would try to go a bit easy on me sometimes.

I know that's too much to ask for though.

Sorry for being harsh and like knowing nothing about it but I think you should stay away from typing random stuff when people can see it like that. We do not hate you nor think you are annoying but if you keep it up it might be after a while.

i have a personality- just come and talk to me and get to know me instead of talking about how weird i am behind my back.

Probably my dad (and probably the society lmao) not giving a **** that I have Asperger and that I can't function like everyone else -_-
I know this is old as heck, but I feel the same. These conditions should be more understood.

Back