• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

dark or light youtube theme

-

• light

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • dark

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
Neither, I always switch back to "old youtube" because I hate those new minimalist layouts.

I always use dark youtube. It's a lot easier on my eyes, especially since I always keep my room sort of dark anyways.

I always use dark youtube. It's a lot easier on my eyes, especially since I always keep my room sort of dark anyways.

Same here; I like to keep it dark because it relaxes my eyes a bit, and the dark theme on YouTube isn't like the dark theme on other sites where you have to strain your eyes to read anything.

Dark. It was only recently I discovered they'd implemented an official dark mode, though.

The dark mode on Twitter gives me a headache, surprisingly.

I only discovered youtube actually had a dark mode a few months ago, and I haven't really tested it out yet. I prefer lighter themes anyway, since it keeps things pretty basic.

I've only used it once, but I like the light version since I'm used to it. I'll only use dark if my eyes hurt or I want a change

once i saw the dark theme i changed to it immediately.

its gives a much more...cinematic feel to the videos i watch lol. plus i feel like it uses less of my laptop power?

I dislike most of the light themes websites use so if a website has a dark option you best belive im finna using that.

OMG Dark Theme ON. My eyes feel so much better with it. After years of CRT Screen staring and reading books on my phone screen lol my eyes get irritated from staring at light pages for 10 mins. Which then leads to :(headaches

I try to use dark/night themes on any site that I use (Twitter...etc)

to start off i hate how the new look switches video titles for other video titles and how comments from a video get mixed from other comments from other videos , but i love dark theme

Dark theme.

I use dark theme on everything that has it, Twitter, YouTube, Discord, etc..

Light themes hurt my eyes.

Wait, Youtube has a dark and light theme?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now that I heard of it, the dark theme looks a lot better.

Dark. I can't stand most bright websites, especially ones that are mostly white. So I put everything on dark if there's an option for it.

there's a what

ok i found it and it seems a bit too contrast-y for me. i might turn it on sometimes though but usually on youtube i use theater mode and with the update it's mostly black anyways so it's fine.

dark. don't trust anyone who uses light theme for anything

i actually only found out about the option to turn youtube dark a few weeks ago, so i havent used it that much but every time i tried it, i ended up turning it back to white. idk, theres just something about the dark background that Isnt Youtube-ish enough to me. plus, i usually watch videos in full screen mode and do this thing where i either binge and jump from a vid to a vid or i open multiple tabs from my subscriptions section and when im done watching one video, i close the tab and put full screen on another. so even in the dark, the bright bg doesnt really bother me ^^
(same with twitter, i NEVER use the dark/night mode, its so weird and i find it harder on the eyes? like i see things better in the light mode)

- - - Post Merge - - -

there's a what

ok i found it and it seems a bit too contrast-y for me. i might turn it on sometimes though but usually on youtube i use theater mode and with the update it's mostly black anyways so it's fine.

you use a what? im so confused i spend half of my free time on youtube and apparently dont know most of the website's functions and options lol

you use a what? im so confused i spend half of my free time on youtube and apparently dont know most of the website's functions and options lol

x1WSHBh.png

:rolleyes:

makes it pretty big (takes up most of the page) without fullscreen. i never go on youtube without it on aha

Back