• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Town Theme Ideas

Cosmic_Insanity

Bells
Switch
8009-5370-2042
Tasty Cake
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Hey everyone!
I've decided to re-create my town and with that, I created a new forum account (plus, I have a new email now and a couple other reasons, blah), but you might know me as ItsMilkypink on my old acc.

So, I'm thinking of going for something natural and have no idea how to do that, aha. I kind of want a dark, night-time sorta theme, though I'm not sure about a specific season or not.

Thinking of maybe having themed villagers too? Like, all black or something to fit with a dark-ish theme.

Any ideas, PWPs, QRs, villagers, etc. etc. would be really helpful.

Thanks!
- Cosmic

for villagers, i think Coco gives kind of a creepy, dark vibe (even though shes a light color), but if youre going for a more chill dark, then i like Tiffany. her stockings and spider-web shirt just say halloween and grunge to me. i think villagers are really important for a town b/c it makes it feel like people with similar interests come to one town. some more random villagers are: roscoe, ken, agnes, cole, dotty (the one with the red eyes when shes surprised), hamphrey etc, etc. villagers are super important, so choose who you really like.
(i dont know anything about QRs lol my town is a mess. im going for a natural town, so im using very little QRs and trying to go for clovers and mushrooms a lot more. i feel like it gives the town a maze-type of feeling when u have little QRs, so i love it)
if youre sure about the natural theme, then at least some zen PWPs are kinda a given (zen town hall, train station, bell, etc). but depending on what type of dark you want (creepy vs cozy) then pwps change. if it was creepy, i would put zero streetlights/any light around town, but it's cozy, i'd use stuff like the bus stop or the regular streetlight b/c theyre natural and warm and cute.
(sorry if none of this makes any sense lol i just start talking sometimes)

If you're doing a dark theme then you should definitely include Muffy in your town!

Hmm. You could theme it to a favorite game or show. I've themed mine to Fnaf, Mayor is William, AKA Purpleguy (Not the best Idea Isabelle, but an OC for wifey I ship with him is in the town, right behind his house.) Sadie, the OC is there, of course... Perry, Phone guy. Henry, the other owner of the restaurant too..

Now animals are important too. * = have! Mine:
Kid Cat - Perry
*Bob - William
*Olivia - Sadie
*Tutu - Slushy the Polar bear (OC for Sadie's haunt, sLuShTrAp yEEE)
*Toby - Springbonnie/Springtrap
*Teddy - Freddy
*Dotty - Bonnie
*Molly - Chica
Chief - Foxy
*Marty - Fredbear

If you want villagers that would good great with a dark theme go with the normal cat Kiki. A black cat would get a great addition to your town. PWP side maybe some torches and the campfire if you are going for the cozy dark type like Poptarts said up above.

If you want a natural, dark time feel, I think these villagers would be good with your town:

- Hamphrey/Dobie/Wolfgang for Cranky
- Genji/Peck for Jock
- Clay/Cole/Erik/Punchy for Lazy
- Kyle/Shep/Zell for Smug
- Blaire/Greta (if using Zen PWPs)/Purrl for Snooty
- Carmen/Dotty/Winnie for Peppy
- Coco/Eunice/Kiki/Maple/Molly/Nan for Normal
- Dierdre/Hazel/Katt/Plucky for Uchi

I would suggest the Bus Stop, Zen Bridge, Classic Police Station, Reset Center, Metal Bench, Log Bench, Park Clock (maybe near the Bus Stop?), Street Lamp, Water Well, and Scarecrow PWPs. There's more I'd suggest, but I think that's a bit too much xD

I think it'd be best if you went through the villagers on the Animal Crossing wikia and look for ones with darker and more natural colors, so like blacks, greys, and browns. I would also go with less PWPs that are more spread out to make it feel more natural. Not a lot of paths, and one wide paths work really well for forest-y towns. There are dream addresses you can visit for natural towns. I would suggest looking at the town Kodama by mischacrossing on Youtube for inspiration, but her town is hacked if you don't like it.

Thank you for all the suggestions so far! I'll definitely be building a list of Dreamies soon. :)

Back