Would you spend £18 for an Amiibo card?

Nope, would never. Not worth it. I really want Stella and Vivian from the WA series but I'm just gonna hold out sad, false hope that they'll re-release that series.

Nope, would never. Not worth it. I really want Stella and Vivian from the WA series but I'm just gonna hold out sad, false hope that they'll re-release that series.

You can actually get Japanese ones on amiami somewhat cheap, but you can only buy 10 packs a customer iirc.

Most I’ve spent on an amiibo card was 10.. but that’s cause my husband got it for me as an anniversary gift..

That's nearly the same price as the actual game. Might as well buy another game and cycle for one or something.

Probably not. ?18 for a card is pretty steep. Maybe if it was the only one I needed to complete the collection.

I have spent that on a few cards, so I am probably the worst person to ask. But if it is a character you really want, and cannot get it any other way I would do it, and have done it. That is how I got Chelsea, and Etoile. No regrets. I then sold the cards for less than I paid just to get some of the money back, so there is always that option too.

That is actually cheaper than other ones I've seen. Right now the Sanrio cards are going for a ridiculous amount. A JP Chai card is forty-five freaking dollars. The whole set is like $180. I am so glad I bought them when I did! Julian, Marshal and the dreamies like that are like $20-25 right now on average. I was lucky enough to get Julian in a pack and did a lot of card trading on here to get my dreamies. Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do! Who is the dreamie?

That is actually cheaper than other ones I've seen. Right now the Sanrio cards are going for a ridiculous amount. A JP Chai card is forty-five freaking dollars. The whole set is like $180. I am so glad I bought them when I did! Julian, Marshal and the dreamies like that are like $20-25 right now on average. I was lucky enough to get Julian in a pack and did a lot of card trading on here to get my dreamies. Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do! Who is the dreamie?

I agree about the prices. I bought Chelsea and Etoile for $24.99 each, would really like Chai but no way I am paying what they are currently going for.

The Sanrio cards are how much? Wow, I paid ?11 for my set and thought I'd been ripped off.

I bought the Sanrio set new and unopened, so I've certainly dropped more than I'd like to admit on amiibo cards. I like the collectible aspect of official merchandise so I usually don't have any qualms about spending that much on occasion. Having a job also helps with that, though...

Amiibo Cards are those little Animal Crossing trading cards, right?

I've seen booster packs of six for sale for around $7 CDN - a bit more than a buck a card. For buying singles, I don't think I'd be willing to pay much more than that. Maybe $2 max? That's about the price of a common card for the Magic TCG - and if Google is correct, there aren't actually any rare Amiibo cards.

I'm new to ACNL, and not totally sure if it's worth trying to collect the cards. Still, I might pick up a couple of the trailer-themed boosters and see what I get.

Amiibo Cards are those little Animal Crossing trading cards, right?

I've seen booster packs of six for sale for around $7 CDN - a bit more than a buck a card. For buying singles, I don't think I'd be willing to pay much more than that. Maybe $2 max? That's about the price of a common card for the Magic TCG - and if Google is correct, there aren't actually any rare Amiibo cards.

I'm new to ACNL, and not totally sure if it's worth trying to collect the cards. Still, I might pick up a couple of the trailer-themed boosters and see what I get.

The Sanrio cards are special though. You can't get those in a regular card pack.

The Sanrio cards are special though. You can't get those in a regular card pack.

Thanks for explaining that! Seems I didn't do nearly enough research on Google - newbie mistake.

Still, 18 GBP is an astounding amount of money, and I personally wouldn't pay that for a card, no matter how rare. Then again, I'm not what you'd call flush with cash. The special villagers look cute, though - I'm getting Hello Kitty vibes.

Back