• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The thing I HATE most about New Leaf!

Hsn97

Inexperienced Person
Bells
Switch
3659-0452-2022
Isabelle
There are many things that irritate me with New Leaf including boring main characters, lack of back stories, awkward PWP placement systems and excessive, unnecessary and repetitive dialogue. But if there's one thing that I HATE in this game above all else it's the stupid and pointless way that players have to obtain the silver axe. I get that it's suppose to be a rare item but seriously why?! In the grand scheme of things tools such as the golden and silver shovel and watering can are certainly more useful than an axe that can make pretty patterns on tree stumps. And yet this tool is so damn more difficult to obtain!

It irritates me beyond belief that you can't earn this tool. You can't work for it or do anything to increase its chances of spawning. It has a 10% spawning chance and there is literally nothing you can do as a player to change that.

Why can't we earn this item?! Why is it put down to just a luck based system!

My town will be 3 years old this Christmas and in those three long years I have NEVER seen a silver axe at the island. I've spent days, literally restarting the game to a new day and checking the island in hopes of a silver axe spawning but nope!

Literally the Coelacanth was easier to find than this stupid item!

Rant over. I needed somewhere to vent because this game is literally driving me crazy. *sigh*

I understand your frustration.
You can buy a silver axe in the retail section of the forums, I've seen them go for cheap, like 2 TBT. :)

You can buy plenty of silver axes here, or use Club Tortimer and keep coming and leaving different islands.

I've only seen the silver axe on the island, like, probably 6 times or so...very rare.

I feel you, I've seen a silver axe maybe once...and they're a bummer because they don't even last like the gold one does so it's crazy that it's so rare.

Back