• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Generic Mafia (Endgame - Dormant Serial Killer Wins)

It shows she has been keeping up and reading every post all along but decided not to put anything of substance out there, showing no intention to really help.

I feel like her tone is genuine and I'm getting slight townie vibes from her, she is a new player so I naturally don't trust those instincts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Should I just agree with someone else's analaysis of someone? Or make my opinions about someone's actions. I think I'm gonna go off of what the person actually produces. No one pressured dedenne, they didn't force write something about each person, they just gave us reads

No, I find your reasoning weak that's all. The fact that one post changed your mind about her is weird.

It shows she has been keeping up and reading every post all along but decided not to put anything of substance out there, showing no intention to really help.

I feel like her tone is genuine and I'm getting slight townie vibes from her, she is a new player so I naturally don't trust those instincts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, I find your reasoning weak that's all. The fact that one post changed your mind about her is weird.

There's a lot of people on the fence so, it shouldn't be too surprising

Key:

Strong Town Lean
Slight Town Lean
Null
Confusing
Concerning
Slight Scum Lean
Strong Scum Lean

Reads system for better structure:

1. Content
2. Behaviour
3. Activity
4. Contributions

Chele

Chele has some of the best content I have seen for a new player on here (experience elsewhere and prior research plays a number in that) in a while and I must say that it is excellent to see. She is presenting new or enhanced ideas and looks in depth on each player before making judgements, meaning she has a clear head and is certainly not easily swayed which I appreciate. (something I may or may not lack, lol rip me) Her posts are definitely helpful and informative which to me is nothing short of town play as she is boosting and helping us look at different perspectives or the same perspectives with better points. The only bad thing about Chele is that we don't get to see enough of her at the right times, however when she is online she is certainly trying her best and having a difficult time zone is terrible. (I feel you) I haven't picked up on any kind of behaviour which is alignment indicative, I can tell that she is confident and collected which could easily be applied to mafia or town, so she is neutral in terms of behaviour. She has made 8 posts so far and most of them are clearly full of effort, making posts that are full of quality is more important that posting a bunch of trash. Take notes Nightmares, Dedenne and Punchy.

Ness

I'm a little disappointed in Ness' content so far because most of it is fighting Nightmares, this is town indicative to me however as he has a history of flip-flopping his playstyle, one minute he's trying his best to produce constructive content and the next he is fighting with a bunch of immature folk. Ness focus on the former please. I do like that he was trying to end the plethora of stupid/unhelpful/unnecessary posts which half of the playerlist were making but you would never run in to a bull elephant; you would walk away from him, so do the same here lemon. The main post which to me is his best contribution would be his reads list, I specifically like the points he made against Dolby which is how I have interpreted him thus far and I will dive into that in this post. Yeah his behaviour so far is townie Ness, smug/sassy and somewhat aggressive. I have already said that I'm a little annoyed by some of his posts but I can see that getting better now as the chaos has subdued, thankfully.

Evan

I like how he came in and gave his input on things despite forgetting that he was in the game, what I find interesting about him so far is his scum reads, all three players are either new or below average in mafia which makes for an unbalanced game. So that is my only problem with him, his behaviour is reflective of town Evan but we just need to wait for somebody to call him scum and then he will scream at them which is a huge indicator of town Evan. His contributions and activity is nothing to write home about as he forgot the game and hasn't had time to express his full thoughts I suppose. Need more from Evan but from what I've seen so far, I think he is likely town.

Nightmares

It's common knowledge at this point that this is how she plays as town: her content is garbage, her contributions are garbage, her behaviour is garbage and her activity is good. If she actually tried she could honestly be average at this game and she has done nothing to boost/help town her. It's clear to me at least that she joins these games for the drama and if nobody else can see that then wee woo. Scum making this much of a scene is hard to fathom, she played very carefully when she was scum and this doesn't seem careful at all.

She blows the whole structured reads thing out of the park because it's hard to have good reads on someone when they have done NOTHING to advance us in the game.

Dedenne

Has literally done nothing but contribute to that wave of useless posts which clogged up the thread for people who needed to catch up. Her reads list prove that she has been reading up all along but decided not to contribute anything meaningful during that time. Her tone is genuine but seeing as she is a new player it's easier to fake.

Seroja

Waiting for posts from you boo.

Sorry didn't mean it boo. I'm reading your reads list now. Honestly I'm so glad I signed up for this game cos it has so much quality content I'm crying. My fav new player is hands down Punchy :hearteyes:

I will need to reread the thread again and try to set aside bull**** from actual content. With so much **** posting it's hard to discern who's genuinely crapping and who's trying to blend in, but I do have a few ideas.

To answer the rqs:
Timezone is gmt +8, she he
Hmm I usually go by meta and tone? And process of elimination.
Im most concerned for Zendel, Toads and Evan. I've been fooled a lot until the last minute by these fellas.
Scorpio and ssssnake

This post made me laugh btw, when I was reading though the thread again.

Toadsworthy

> Started off the game with the RQS, started conversation.
> Is being nice to me, I dislike when people are nice to me or "understand" me because it's manipulative and I'm not for it.
> Posted quite a bit and generally active, not many posts have much substance and have little to offer imo. (Sorry Toad)
> Many posts look like attempts to look like he is being helpful but they may be genuine.

I don't know how I feel about Toad and something just feels off but I can't put my finger on it.

Punchy

Bullet points for this one.

> Lack of real content
> Really active but isn't contributing to advance us in the game which in all honesty is ruining the game.
> This supposed town slip and claim which confirms him because Dolby doubts that there are any safe claims, which is a bold statement.
> His earlier posts seemed robotic but later progressed into how he played in the micro game.
> Peculiar statements put further doubt into my mind that he is town.

Bianca

Another bullet point one.

> Random vote on Ness which is a dumb inside joke which is old and needs to stop.
> The first thing Bianca felt the need to talk about was how people were spelling my name wrong, throws suspicions on punchy and nightmares, then leaves for a few hours.
> Comes back and implies that she WANTS to be lynched, wtf.
> Acting like she is on something.
> Hasn't helped town.
> Hasn't posted around 100 posts by now which is worrying.
> Seems like she is bored of the game and never wanted to play in the first place.

She is either a third party or scum, wanting to be lynched is indicative of the jester but it could also be a way to scare us from lynching her. I was tempted to put her in the confusing or concerning section but I cant help but think she is scum.

Dolby

> Put the idea of "no safe claims" out there to possibly sway attention of Punchy, possible team.
> He is just there, which is not how he plays at all.
> Flip-flopping around, called Nightmares sus because of another game but back tracks and says:

Honestly, except for the random vote, this is how Nightmares acts as town, so idc about my sus anymore

He does the same with Punchy:

This OMGUS is sus af imo
15 minutes later...
Actually gonna retract this, he did the same thing with Waffles last game
> Tone change.
> Implies he was trying when it doesn't really seem like he was.

Why am I even trying

> Lack of substantial posts, the only one being his reads and that "safe claim" thing. Sub par honestly.
> I think he is severely bored of the game and wants out. Not scummy but I just feel bad if that is the case. :(

As always, please don't hurt me if these are bad. I'm bad at mafia (really bad, like omg). lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw I kinda gave up on that read structure thing because writing so much when I could be doing other things is very tedious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I apologize if I offended anyone, having to read through this trash again is..........ugh.

Sorry for poofing again, was at a family gathering and stuff. So before I go to bed let me just provide some thoughts (btw I didn't reread the thread cos of real life stuff so, going off the top of my head here goes)

Town leans:
- Chele seems like obvious town. They remind me of Amanda (i miss her) in her first game.

- Nightmares mainly because of her frustration at Punchy's messy votes. I think she had only been scum once or smtg? I've never read her scum game but unhelpful town is her town style alright.

- Punchy because he's my fav player. Aside from that, seems to be playing like the first game he played.

Null leaning town

- Dolby. I would have put him on town lean but he seems to be less paranoid than usual this game which is holding me back from doing so, for now.

- Ness seems like he's trying to pick fights a lot. I dont remember him being like this as town :thinking: but he gets so easily annoyed in this game. I like his reads though mostly cos I agree with them somewhat.

- Zendel. So overly verbose. Please cut down on your use of adjectives and get to the point. Also stop getting so frustrated over the littlest things, it's tiring to read them every single game you're in. Null because he's hard to read, leaning town a bit because I can see the effort he put into finding scum, even though some of his efforts made ppl think he's piggybacking etc. I miss playing with u too btw!

Null

- Toads hmmm all the latest games I've played with you you've been scum, so I don't really remember how you play as town anymore. That said, it's true you haven't picked a fight with someone yet, and you haven't acted all confused so I'm not auto scumleaning you, yet. Putting you on null to be careful.

- Dedenne. You agreed with Dolby that you're less anxious this game. Is it because you've gotten used to playing mafia? What was your alignment in the previous game? I might have missed it if it was mentioned in this thread. Anyway among the ****posters, I agree with the rest that you were the only one who didn't post anything of value at all. At least the others did provide their thoughts on certain things in their own way. Was it because you were busy? Or because you didn't know what to say?

- Bianca. Hmm always an odd one. Town play has always been confusing imo. I need to read more from her.

- Evan. Now Evan had posted some great content. But imo this in not alignment indicative for him. He's always been great at generating content as both. I was wary because of this

uhm this? if you really think this is a town perspective slip then lmao

I don't really think this is a big alignment tell, someone from either alignment could say this **** to keep themselves alive.

oh

yeah I remember reading that post. Hmm...Punchy WAS the first one to name drop "citizen," right?

in which case, that'd be a pretty damn big point in his favor...unless the scum rolepms say "you win when you equal the citizens" or something

Seems like backtracking a bit. But he could just not notice that lil bit at first which is totally plausible. That being said I'm just being paranoid cos of what happened in Bianca's micro game called From Sojourn to Freedom. In that game, Waffle said something about her role pm that other town players picked up on and Evan pretended to know about it as well. And we got fooled good lol.

(Btw I don't really like how the word garbage is being used a lot in this game? Or has that been going on in mafia games lately?)

If you were to ask me my pick for scum team, I'd say Evan/Dedenne. For one Evan had her on scumlean but didn't really explain why aside from saying she's useless, two he didn't know who to put her with in a scum team. Since he scumleaned the other ****posters he gotta throw her in as well you know, dont wanna stand out and stuff.

Just my two cents. Good night!

. At least the others did provide their thoughts on certain things in their own way. Was it because you were busy? Or because you didn't know what to say?

Both, really. I was busy doing homework *double sit :* and I didn't want to **** post more than I had ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sigh*

Ok I'm read up on what I've missed. I'm feeling less confident about my Nightmares read since this seems to be their MO, so I'll be bumping her up to null for now. I think Chele and Seroja are putting out really good content, and toads is reminding me of his town play, at least so far. Some of the points made about Dolby are really compelling and I need to dissect his posts further to see if I agree with them. New reads will come out later this evening as I have a lot of things to do, but I'll be keeping up with the thread and asking questions as best as I can.

Okay are you actually kidding me right now, how did any f you get the idea that Bianca is third party or mafia

Sure, she could be jester but she acts like this all the time. She does stupid crap because she thinks it's funny, she doesn't actually care about contributing. And let's be real: would a third party actually be in an 11 player game

She's even voting for herself right now. I think I would prefer a Dolby lynch today, I'll go into more detail later but it stems from what both me and Zendel have said earlier.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I'm going to be really busy for today because I have a big try out for my band class tomorrow and I'm stressing really hard. Don't expect very much from me.

- Evan. Now Evan had posted some great content. But imo this in not alignment indicative for him. He's always been great at generating content as both. I was wary because of this

Quote Originally Posted by amazonevan19 View Post
uhm this? if you really think this is a town perspective slip then lmao

I don't really think this is a big alignment tell, someone from either alignment could say this **** to keep themselves alive.
Quote Originally Posted by amazonevan19 View Post
oh

yeah I remember reading that post. Hmm...Punchy WAS the first one to name drop "citizen," right?

in which case, that'd be a pretty damn big point in his favor...unless the scum rolepms say "you win when you equal the citizens" or something
Seems like backtracking a bit. But he could just not notice that lil bit at first which is totally plausible. That being said I'm just being paranoid cos of what happened in Bianca's micro game called From Sojourn to Freedom. In that game, Waffle said something about her role pm that other town players picked up on and Evan pretended to know about it as well. And we got fooled good lol.

(Btw I don't really like how the word garbage is being used a lot in this game? Or has that been going on in mafia games lately?)

If you were to ask me my pick for scum team, I'd say Evan/Dedenne. For one Evan had her on scumlean but didn't really explain why aside from saying she's useless, two he didn't know who to put her with in a scum team. Since he scumleaned the other ****posters he gotta throw her in as well you know, dont wanna stand out and stuff.

The one thing I'm good at as scum is trying to post town like analysis posts, to be sure. ;)

Punchy's behavior has been pretty scummy so far, but the whole citizen bit has me somewhat questioning my read of him. I still don't think it can be used as a definitive metric to read him though, since we obviously don't know what the scum rolepms say, or if the scum have town safeclaims. Doubtful in a game this size, but still. On its face, the Punchy situation is making me think he's scum, but he also acted annoyingly scummy last game as well and was town.

I scumleaned Dedenne because as you said, she's not really been producing quality content so far. What stood out to me was the vast majority of her posts are ****posts, and the ones that aren't barely qualify as analysis posts. The problem is, as of now I don't see anyone as a real ally of hers in the thread rn. I only see people calling her out for ****posting.

A Dolby lynch would be ok by me if that's how Bianca normally behaves

Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying, I'm not excusing her behavior I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to be saying the things she always does isn't AI. And honestly I've been too stressed to peoperly analysis anything so I could be wrong, this is just first sight observations.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's makes me kinda uncomfortable with how quickly Dedenne said they were okay with a Dolby lynch...

Ness, just to be clear: you're saying that since Bianca acts like this a lot, she CAN'T be third party or scum? E.g. is town? Or are you being noncommital and nulling her for the moment? Best of luck for your band tryout btw

Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying, I'm not excusing her behavior I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to be saying the things she always does isn't AI. And honestly I've been too stressed to peoperly analysis anything so I could be wrong, this is just first sight observations.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's makes me kinda uncomfortable with how quickly Dedenne said they were okay with a Dolby lynch...

Yeah I understand, sorry if that came put the wrong way :/

I have nothing wrong with a Dolby lynch, I literally have nothing to say that he's town sooo

- - - Post Merge - - -

Out*

Okay are you actually kidding me right now, how did any f you get the idea that Bianca is third party or mafia

Sure, she could be jester but she acts like this all the time. She does stupid crap because she thinks it's funny, she doesn't actually care about contributing. And let's be real: would a third party actually be in an 11 player game

She's even voting for herself right now. I think I would prefer a Dolby lynch today, I'll go into more detail later but it stems from what both me and Zendel have said earlier.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I'm going to be really busy for today because I have a big try out for my band class tomorrow and I'm stressing really hard. Don't expect very much from me.

Honestly, her behaviour is throwing me off and I definitely do not think she is a good lynch candidate. She didn't normally play like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I hope you do well in the try-outs. :)

Ness, just to be clear: you're saying that since Bianca acts like this a lot, she CAN'T be third party or scum? E.g. is town? Or are you being noncommital and nulling her for the moment? Best of luck for your band tryout btw

No, I'm not saying that she can't be 3rd party or mafia, I jut find the notion of people reading her for her usual behavior to be ridiculous because I don't think it's alignment indicative. She's null for me, but last I've read her posts have just been her screwing around.

And yes, I've only skimmed the new content since my last posts since I've been so stressed.

Ok I'd rather just not deal with this at all so, given that there's apparently "compelling reasoning" against me(Yeah, I get that I haven't contributed as much as I normally do, but holding my early morning flip flops on Punchy and Nightmares against me is just dumb)

SURV HERE DON'T TOUCH

Ok I'd rather just not deal with this at all so, given that there's apparently "compelling reasoning" against me(Yeah, I get that I haven't contributed as much as I normally do, but holding my early morning flip flops on Punchy and Nightmares against me is just dumb)

SURV HERE DON'T TOUCH

Hmmmmm I wonder what happened the last time we let you slip by as "neutral third party"

Just saying I call BS on this.

SURV HERE DON'T TOUCH

No, it's the fact that you don't usually say things without fact checks/looking back on things and you did it twice. Not characteristic of you at all.

Hmmmmm I wonder what happened the last time we let you slip by as "neutral third party"

Just saying I call BS on this.

Well, do you think that I'm pulling this off as hostile third (killing for the sake of this scenario) or mafia?
There's no way Cleb would make there be three mafia IMO, so that makes it 8v2v1. As a theoritical hostile third I've pretty much forced myself not to kill at all or expose myself
If I was maf, claiming surv is straight up idiotic because (assuming normal 1 KP), I'd be forced into LYLO eventually, and maybe be outted due to a town win con that I don't know (or a known at that point mafia win con)

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, it's the fact that you don't usually say things without fact checks/looking back on things and you did it twice. Not characteristic of you at all.

You said it yourself, that I don't seem to care, and tbh I really don't because I've got a lot of scholarship applications to turn in the next week

Dolby - So I'm calling some bs on Dolby's claim. In the last few games I've been privy to him and gotten really good at reading him. The way we caught him last time was because he is markedly different as scum, less involved. I think he could be claiming survivor to counter this, so when we call him out for it later then he says "well duh its cause i'm surv" and he most of all could pull this off.
Dolby said:
If I was maf, claiming surv is straight up idiotic because (assuming normal 1 KP), I'd be forced into LYLO eventually, and maybe be outted due to a town win con that I don't know (or a known at that point mafia win con)
what the heck are you even talking about here too?

Ness - you are being aggressive and making good pushes. While I don't agree with some of your reasons and will deal with that later. For the right now you seem to be following your town meta.

Chele - either you are being an astoundingly good newbie, or we are severely underestimating your capabilities as scum. either way, I feel good leaving you as town for right now

Punchydahufflepuff - Ravenclaw is better. A lot of your scummy behavior is more indicative of you just being a rude person in these games. If you intend to play in future games, I suggest you change your attitude a bit. Your citizen slip thing checks out right now as I feel like there probably isn't safe claims so I'll let this slide for day 1 as well.

Nightmares - again, if you intend on being in future games, change your attitude because I think a lot of us are feeling the same way. Bottom line too is that you haven't really been helpful for anything except inciting people and thats not helpful for town.

Zendel - theres reasoning to put you as town or scum, however I see your self-deprecation as usual and that you are questioning people seems genuine. I would rather not vote for you

Bianca - while Bianca's play style is bad and causes a lot of frustration, she feels different this time. Last time she was town, she literally just kept saying, "I'm town". Now she is voting herself and being cryptic. I don't like it, and I will lead another lynch on you if I have to.

Dedenne - yeah Dedenne seemed sketch at first, but they more than any of the others feel like just new town. Their reads seemed not forced at all and very casual. There has been moderate sus on them too and they seem to be remaining calm too, so I'm not too worried about her. I could see this possibly changing in the future though, so if I flip flop on them its because I don't know how to read them.

Amazonevan19 - nothing in your posts seem to sway me one way or the other, I'm gonna have to sit on this

seroja - your null... and if nothing really comes about through this time I will sus you more because I expect to get strong town vibes from you very quickly like usual.

Because Toads, the way the game is setup (again, with the assumption of 1 KP) has two kills per cycle, so in my theorized 8v2v1

D1 8v2v1 Game start
N1 7v2v1 ML
D2 6v2v1 One KP
N2 5v2v1 ML
D3 4v2v1 KP
N3 3v2v1 ML
D4 2v2v1

In this situation (LYLO) I could easily win by teaming up with mafia and forcing GG (maf+me>town). Lying maf are pretty much confirmed because in that situation it?s 3v2, town outnumber maf. Town realized it and bam, ?surv? in this scenario is lynched

Back