• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Generic Mafia (Endgame - Dormant Serial Killer Wins)

What's interesting about Chele is that she went really in depth in her RQs on the strategies she noted from the games she read, specifically from Tina. Chele noted how Tina did extensive note taking as both scum and town, then proceeded to offer basically that same strategy as her usual playstyle. Hmmm

No, I meant that Tina did note taking and publicly showed it. In Tina’s reads list, she was like “I read up on x, y, and z”. And she also sent photos of her notes. Sure, I may have done the same by saying what games I’ve read into, but that’s only for the sake of the RQ’s. Nobody asked Tina what games she has read into and nobody asked for her to send screenshots of notes.

Punchy is sorta a townlean. Not a townlock for me. In fact, that so called citizen slip kinda made me trip over.
If Punchy was Mafia he could’ve;
A) had a Citizen safeclaim (in Kingmaker game, Mafia had a Servent of the Pharoah safeclaim)
B) had the wincon as somebody else mentioned, so ‘eliminate all citizens’
C) just thought of the name
D) had experience in a different game or site where the town was called citizens
But I don’t think he’s that much of a scum to me. His rubbish posting seems the exact same as last game. He kept switching votes and flip flopping around. His vote on Chick confused me, but it’s safe to say that he wouldn’t have any intention of voting somebody that’s not in the game. His vote jokes and normal jokes in general seem very similar to his pronoun jokes with Evan.
I was a bit puzzled with one of Zendel’s posts where he was pushing Punchy to say something relevant, I’m going to leave that as a side note for now because that was early on in the game. They seemed to have a bit of an OMGUS battle then.

Wow... no posts ever since. Okay then.
Anyways, I won?t be here for EoD because I?m at tuition from then.
Also, I?d just like to point out that with all that garbage posting that happened earlier in the game, that literally gives scum a free invitation to blend in.
I?m a little bit suspicious of Dedenne, because it seemed that she walked into the game and chilled out while all the useless posting drama and stuff happened. She never really posted anything of content or actually took the game seriously, in all honesty.
These are some of her posts for reference;
You lol.

Nah idk
"i am here and have done basically nothing"
sounds about right to me :lemon:
Ok geez calm down
I'm definitely far less anxious

- - - Post Merge - - -

And punchy please just refer to me as she/her or Dedenne

Ty
OMG PUNCHING BAG I'M SORRY BUT I'M ACTUALLY CRYING RN someone help me omfg
Don't call me a Pikachu ples ty lool

Well you've been talking garbage most of the game lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

The observers must be having a ball right now.

Can't wait to see the chat at the end
Mk sounds about right.
I was thinking 2/3

- - - Post Merge - - -

*writes down in notebook*

Now can anybody point out something that she has said above that is actually good content and helps Town?
Okay, now I?m not going to be the one who?s going to pick on newbies now. I understand that it?s only D1, but Dedenne, can you please share your thoughts on the game? Thanks.

You can't really be picking on newbies when you are a newbie... I agree about dedenne

You can't really be picking on newbies when you are a newbie... I agree about dedenne

LOL. I'm honestly happy Chele posted because she was starting to worry me :p I think for the mafia wincon it would be something like You win when all hostile parties are eliminated.

LOL. I'm honestly happy Chele posted because she was starting to worry me :p I think for the mafia wincon it would be something like You win when all hostile parties are eliminated.

Yeah that’s true. Or maybe ‘You win when Town (doesn’t specify specific citizen name) are eliminated’. That’s why I backed my got away from you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Vote*

Btw Cleb, we probably will need a replacement for Seroja. She hasn't posted in two weeks

Also to note, none of these are strong, and this isn't even ordered, except by who I'm looking at as I'm rereading the thread, I don't want to find a hex code. For 250 posts we don't have a lot of actual worthwhile content
Nightmares-The whole reason that I sussed her earlier was because her vote for Ness. It reminded me of a scum game that I observed where she observed, but I've retracted that sus for two primary similarities in behavior to her town play. Greater amounts of spam, and actually talking to people in the thread (not that it's quality or I'm endorsing it). Comparing scum and town play from her, one notices that she is far quieter and (even) less engaged as mafia.
Punchy-Honestly[, a lot of this comes purely from the "Citizen" slip. I really don't think that scum would claim drop like that D1 if they had townie safeclaims. Also, in my experience a good determenent of new player alignments is if they just stop posting in a game for fear of whatever (implicating teammates, drawing sus onto themselves). Punchy really hasn't really changed that much from last game except for lacking a D1 tunnel.
Ness-(Also while I'm writing this out I want to say to Ness that I retracted both statements that he sussed me for before he sussed me for them). The pretty much sole reason that I townread him is that he recognized what Punchy said as a townslip when he first read it. Besides that, we have his read post, which was underwhelming, but you can't really blame him given that the thread was beginning to dissolve into personal attacks(I did like his Zendal read, which I feel is useful in judging if their related to eachother as I typically have a hard time reading Zendal), and his fight with Nightmares, on AI
Chele-High content posts, new and posting their own thoughts. Pretty good town indicator
Toads
Zendal
-I should have a read on these two, given that both have posted a decent amount of content but I don't really, they just haven't said anything that I find particularly meaningful (yes Zendal did provide a reads list, but it didn't really work in my mind to fitting him in a catagory). Both have been involved in squabbles. On instinct I would put them in townleans if I was forced to, but I don't feel comfortable making that call
Seroja-Gone, probably gonna need to be replaced as I said earlier
Bianca-Only two posts, an anomoly for both town and scum Bianca, who is typically very active in the thread.
Why are you all misspelling Zendel's name? smh

- - - Post Merge - - -

For my day 1 sus, I have Punchy and Nightmares up there...
Sus of Punchy and Nightmares noted, but this doesn't really contribute to the thread
he said to Punchy....

Well thats all I have really for sussing them together. Maybe I took Nightmare's we're in this together in the wrong context but maybe it is right context too lol
I'm not sure how to take this change. While I don't like sussing Nightmares and Punchy because they are the easiest people to sus at this point, there really isn't enough for me to slot Bianca. Ultimately null
Evan-
gdi I forgot I'm in this game. I'll try to be as active as I can be amidst studying for finals. Haven't read anything so I'm catching up on 20 pages now =_=
Nothing here
why do you care if you sound like dolby? You should be able to defend your own strategy independent of others.

What's interesting about Chele is that she went really in depth in her RQs on the strategies she noted from the games she read, specifically from Tina. Chele noted how Tina did extensive note taking as both scum and town, then proceeded to offer basically that same strategy as her usual playstyle. Hmmm
Doesn't draw a conclusion on this. But I don't really find Chele's RQS as something worth pointing out honestly.
Page 17. I don't need to go into why Punchy is very scummy, we all know. But I wanna offer a couple possible teams.

Punchy/Nightmares is a very plausible team, look at how quickly Nightmares soft agreed with Punchy's weak af reasoning on Bianca. They've been fighting throughout the thread to be sure, but I feel the fighting could be distancing, and they agree on some weird things...idk. And apparently this juvenile behavior is par for the course for town Nightmares so...idfk. And I thought I got mad in mafia games...goodness. Any usual evaluation metric has me scumread nightmares, but if this is her town meta then that makes me really conflicted.

Nightmares/Ness is a completely incompatible team based on their interactions. My gut tells me it's scum vs. town, nightmares scum and ness town. I highly doubt scum Ness would try to get lightning to strike twice, and his usually combative town self is really shining this game.

Toads/Zendel is possible, seeing as they both agree with each other a lot, but so far Zendel isn't sounding off a lot of alarm bells for me rn.

Dedenne kind of sticks out as being practically useless, though I am not sure who I'd team with her.
This post specifically makes me want to townlean Evan, because it's good quality content and analysis. I don't believe that Punchy has been particularly scummy (I know I said that whole thing about Nightmares, Punchy, and Dedenne earlier, but that honestly arose from frustration due to their spam). I'd say I'd largely agree with his conclusions on teams, regardless of my own personal reads on players.

all caught up. That took me shorter than I thought. Probably because most of y'alls posts are worthless bickering, not gonna lie.

Townleans: Ness, Zendel

Nulls: Bianca, Dolby, Seroja, Chele, toadsworthy

Scumleans: Punchy, Nightmares, Dedenne

His reads overall are kinda meh. Those three were gonna be scumleaned by him no matter what. Also highlighting this as I didn't like their spam in the morning today, but there's pretty much no way in my mind all three are mafia (I think there's two maf first of all, second, are all three mafia going to take their chance to steer the thread and waste it like that)
I'm kinda conflicted on Evan, he has the content which comes the latest in the thread, which is gonna be the most valuable. I like his analysis, but I don't like him scumreading the three most obvious people, or his vote after looking into Punchy's scumslip (which I honestly think is legit). I kinda went into this thinking I'd be scumleaning him, but I feel inclined to tl him. Null
Dedenne-I stated earlier that Dedenne appeared tonally different, being less anxious than previous. This appears to have extended to a lack of contribution. Dedenne has made 23 posts and only 2 of them are actually working towards determining people's alignment, stating a sus on Punchy
Don't call me a Pikachu ples ty lool

Well you've been talking garbage most of the game lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

The observers must be having a ball right now.

Can't wait to see the chat at the end
Woops I meant sus I really am talking garbage
Most of her other posts have been meaningless reactions or questions. While last game she did have her share of meaningless posts, she did take the time to provide her reads even early game. Sus

Also, Cleb's making us vote every day instead of every other day, so be aware of that

Literally as I post that you might need a replacement

Ser, why you gotta make me look bad

Sorry didn't mean it boo. I'm reading your reads list now. Honestly I'm so glad I signed up for this game cos it has so much quality content I'm crying. My fav new player is hands down Punchy :hearteyes:

I will need to reread the thread again and try to set aside bull**** from actual content. With so much **** posting it's hard to discern who's genuinely crapping and who's trying to blend in, but I do have a few ideas.

To answer the rqs:
Timezone is gmt +8, she he
Hmm I usually go by meta and tone? And process of elimination.
Im most concerned for Zendel, Toads and Evan. I've been fooled a lot until the last minute by these fellas.
Scorpio and ssssnake

I?m going to ISO Zendel?s posts and compare it to his other posts in other games.
The reason I?m comparing his posts to his meta is because I can tell that he?s an aggressive player, but I feel like he?s getting a bit too pushy with players now, and that?s concerning.
I?m going to compare this with the BOTW game. I?m just going to bold the aggressive parts if you guys don?t know what I?m talking about.
Nightmares, we're actually meant to vote for someone if there is actual factual pieces of evidence that supports them being scum. :rolleyes:
No, I really don't care about your "opinions" on me. You refuse to contribute any real content to the game so why should anyone take you seriously? I don't, but the posts you have made are grossly concerning and scummy. I'll explain when I am comfortable enough to post my real reads as I'm preoccupied at the moment.
Every post you have made so far has no flare, which is the total opposite of what you were like in the micro game. You post a crap ton, you barked the hell out of Evan for literally no reason. I would expect you to start screaming at someone and intentionally referring to someone as the opposite by now.

You seem to be reluctant to post as much as you did in that game because it garnered so much attention.
The micro game or a main game?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Toad stop trying to fill in for Dolby.

Cant have all of you being "leaders" or thinking you are at least.

??????

The reason I feel this way is because most of the reasons why people sus me/scum lean/whatever is trash. I'll listen to the people who I think are completely valid to think of me in a certain way but to those who can't come up with the most amazing spectacular fabulous theories about me can really just save their fingers the trouble if they try to attack me.
Some aggression there.
Trying to get somewhere? What have you done to really enhance your points against me though? It's a passing thing that nobody really pays attention to because the points you have made aren't really good at all, which is nothing like how you played in the Mystic Messenger game because a lot of the points you made were valid and I, like many others, actually listened to you.

You sus Glow because she put you on the scum and you think Oath2Order is "probably mafia" because he blamed you for Evan's lynch, how is that not OMGUS? You add the little points that you town read Dolby so you sus Glow, even though Dolby is flopping around like a fish out of water.

It doesn't matter if the reads were rushed or not, you would've still made those same points but rambled on and on about them. That would likely be the only difference, lmao.
The part I bolded seems extremely similar to his behaviour around Punchy.
3. I already said that was a crappy point myself, I'm not going to explain it again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I get called out for OMGUS?

Okay, this reads list sucks butt which is weird because your criticizing my reads for weak reasoning when your reads are even worse, lmao. Please stop.

I'm so glad I caught this, toodles!
The bolded part where me mentions the OMGUS really matches his behaviour with him and Punchy?s OMGUS battle.
Okay, that?s enough for me to conclude that Zendel?s behaviour definitely seems very similar to his aggressive behaviour now.
I?m going to have him as a townlean because he actually has content in his posts, and plus, I can understand where his aggressiveness is coming from.
So, I?m going to start my reads list now, since I?m not going to be here for EoD and I need to share my content.

Will post reads in the afternoon, just woke up I'm sorry.

Right now though, I'm not sure who I think is scum, need to re-read some stuff

Reads

1. Punchy
+ posts seem very close to last games
+ garbage posting as usual
+ slightly confirmed after the citizen incident
+ wouldn?t be as advanced in game to even use a safe claim on D1
+ he basically made a point himself about the Mafia?s wincon
- this post seems a bit alarming, sounds like relieved scum:
I'm honestly so glad I claimed now XD
very weak point to pick on though, so he?s a townlean

2. Nightmares
+ at least provided little reads
- very weak content posts
- argumentative since the start of the game
- didn?t take things seriously
- 2 pages of posts altogether; those posts are rubbish posts
- extensive useless posts like joking posts, doesn?t care about things and got caught up in voting trash
- lashing out at people saying that they don?t have content when Nightmares themselves don?t have content
- getting aggressive for no exact reason
- going off topic a lot
- more negative than positive now, time to compare their meta. I?ll do that after I finish this reads post. If I have the time.

3. Evan
+ not many posts, but at least provides content
+ doesn?t garbage post or go off topic
+ makes valid points that are helpful to Town
Anyways, I?m just going to leave my reads on Evan here. He?s actually a slight, slight townlean but I want more content from him, because I can?t judge him from his low amount of posts.

4. Ness
+ 99.9% confirmed after confirming Punchy?s townslip himself
+ pushed for actual content early in the game, discouraged garbage posting and didn?t float along and try to blend in with the posts
+ shared early reads with high content
Ness also has not many posts I can judge him on, but his post quality and Punchy?s slip actually gives me a reason to townread him.

5. Seroja
I?d love to see more content, seeing as they just joined us.

6. Bianca
- voted Ness at the start of the game, I know this is a joke but still I know that she has been told in many other games that it?s annoying and she doesn?t seem to listen
- was clearly active with the vote, yet vanished
- casually comes into game and talks about other people out of the blue
- doesn?t care to explain inactivity
- randomly comments on people misspelling Zendel?s name and puts Nightmares and Punchy as scumlean, again not (properly) explaining why
- has extremely weak reasoning for that one sus post she had
- only had two posts
- seems to be coasting along during the middle of all of the post drama
I know that I?ve been saying that I can?t judge people if they have very minimal posts, but if Bianca was active at the start of the game, yet coasting, having really bad explanations and etc, then that?s definitely a reason to scumlean.

7. Dolby
+ high quality posts
+ good reasoning
+ his scum meta compared to his town is majorly different in terms of susses and post quality and quantity. I did an ISO on him because I was null at first but dumb confusing phone keyboard deleted it and it didn?t auto save darrrnnn it
P.S. I?m going to rush my reads a bit now because I need to go to sleep soon

8. Toads
+ jumped straight into the game and didn?t start trolling like the others
+ has good reasoning
+ defended himself validly with good post content and quality
+ playing freely and seems like he has nothing to hide
+ agreeable points on his susses
- aggressive behaviour, but I can kind of understand because the garbage posting at the start was annoying
- some trash posting and joking around, yet that?s nothing big enough to put as scumlean

9. Dedenne
- never submitted reads
- has only one page of posts
- posts are full of low quality nonsense
- comments on very minute things, such as the punching bag joke
- will most likely do an ISO to prove this, but her play from last game is quite different.
- very gibberish and unneeded content, even though it?s D1, there has still been things happening and there?s no excuse not to share your reads or thoughts
- seems to be coasting along and trying to blend in, just like the same I said about Bianca.

10. Zendel
Explained and based purely off his play style being very similar to his in BOTW.
View this for my ISO post on him; x

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, I finished my really big reads post which took exactly 2 hours and 19 minutes (with breaks in between).
Anyways, I think I may stay up another 20-25 minutes just to ISO Nightmares’ posts before I go to sleep.
I need to do this quick!

This is meta from the City of Genesis
(This is super quick as I need tO SLEEP):

Zendel - town probably
Primarina - scum lean
Uttumori - town lean
Ness - LMAO... um.... null. I know people have said it's your playstyle but some of the things you're saying are really...idk man... I guess you're just a slightly aggressive player haha?
Tensu - don't ****ing sign up and don't play, null
Toad - town lean
Amanda - town lean
Luca - rip

Sorry if I forgot someone
Woah, actually sharing reads for once. But wait...
ness
dolby
evan

zendel
toad
punchy

honestly rn
Seems like they look like the same rushed, little detail reads.
Omg this is a cool idea!
And I thought I was gonna get voted out
but why me shshsnnsns

In another post, I said that some of these reasons link to together
I can vote for all of these reasons right? I don't just have to have one reason? ;;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't really see why that makes me sus, but honestly it is between me and Mori here, seeing as Zendel is basically town confirmed
The bolded part reminds me of:
what does that even mean? tumblr? shandsdnnsnsnns what
Same trolly old thing.
I'm sorry but what
LMAO

He asked me to answer the question and I did
Why are you getting like annoyed at me

The reason I answered the way I did, is because I'm obviously not gonna say "yeah, I'm scum, please vote me"

?
That?s close in content to;
No, because I never stated who I thought was the most sus and then didn't even vote them??? And then decided to vote a player that doesn't even exist?????////..>?///??
If you actually bothered to read the thread, you'd know that
It really seems like the same level of aggression, and in the Genesis game, Nightmares was scum.
Also, Nightmares is really WIFOMy. Look at these three posts (in this game);
then lynch me? you've already voted like 5 different people
Punchy, what's with your weird ass voting? If I'm most sus just voTE ME WTF
yeah, he should be voting me by this logic hnsnsnn

- - - Post Merge - - -

can you just vote me

So guys, this is the level of most wanted to be lynched to least wanted to be lynched of my scumleans;
Bianca (no point keeping an inactive in the house)
Nightmares (I want to see her posts in the future for now)
Dedenne (she claims she?s making a reads list soo we?ll have to wait)

Guys don?t get scared, but I?m going to place my vote on Bianca now just in case I have no time in the morning tomorrow to place my vote, because I don?t want to get modkilled.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, I’ve made a good share of information and content today. I’m heading off to sleep.

@ Nightmares

Why do you town read Dolby?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm on my fourth person in my reads right now.

@ Nightmares

Why do you town read Dolby?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm on my fourth person in my reads right now.

Yeah Dolby hasn't done anything to make me think he is town... he is good at mimicking town tone, so I'm remaining weary.

Back