• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Games that make you cry.

The Sonic 2 ending. A mix of the nostalgia and cutscene itself gets me teary eyed.

I feel like Phoenix Wright has made me cry before, some of the endings are pretty sad. There has probably been more, but for some reason right now all I can think of is books or movies that have made me cry.

Persona 3 made me cry a lot. Got over the crying in one part of the game only to get hit with more emotions

Tbf, the Persona series as a whole makes me cry

I don't believe that a video game has ever managed to make me cry, but I think the closest I've ever come to crying was witnessing the final battle of Mother 3. I had tears well up in my eyes but I didn't ultimately shed any tears since I think I had already read and known about how it ended before experiencing it. Despite giving it some real thought, I can't really think of any other parts of any games that got me that close to crying.

Back when I started Kingdom Hearts.
My first game from that series was 358/2 Days, and, I don't think I've been hit that hard since, by pretty much anything in any work of fiction.

Persona 3, Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice, The Last of Us, The Walking Dead and Danganrompa

The ending of The Walking Dead: Season One made me cry like a baby. Other than that, the end of Heavenly Sword is the only other game to make me cry. Beyond Two Souls made my eyes well up, so it was very close.

The extra verse of Episode Ignis had me in tears.

Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm. The OST and just everything about it makes me really emotional.

Both of those series are so well written. Any time I need a good cry, I watch the last scene in Episode 5, or the beginning of Episode 4 haha. I also got emotional with Beyond:Two Souls and Heavy Rain.

Last edited:
Oh, Mother 3 has turned me into an emotional mess before, but I think that's to be expected when you play Mother 3. I remember horribly screwing up in Pokemon X (something really stupid like releasing a pokemon or tossing a rare item because of a slip up) and almost crying in frustration, if that counts.

I cried with Earthbound, was close to crying with Mother 3 too. Rosalina's story in Mario Galaxy brings me to tears every time as well.

I also cried in two different occasions when I accidentally deleted my save file for The Urbz: Sims in the City.

Animal Crossing (a villager you loved moves away without warning), Tomodachi life (The first time when playing, had a couple break up) and Miitopia has as well.

Professor Layton has made me cry, just about every single one. I think the only one that really didn't feel like a terribly sad ending was The Curious Village. Pretty much all the others have sad endings.

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater - I cry when The Boss dies at the end. She's one of my favorite female characters & it gets me every time my son plays it. Those white petals turning red....

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time that one always hits me right in the feels no matter how many times I replay it. :blush::blush:

ACNL when Cole moved out but a game that never fails to make me cry is Mario galaxy. You may be thinking wut why? but here is the story.
At the end of the last bowser battle, you are floating around empty space and you are talking to a giant af rosalina and you can hear babies crying in the background. Rosalina is talking about the life cycle of lumas when the luma that has been with Mario for the entire game dies. The baby crying noises reminded me of the child my mother was supposed to have it sadly didn't make it. Also, the part where rosalina tells her story of being separated from her family hit me hard as I donated to syrian children who are refugees. Everyone deserves a great family.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And the music that plays while you flick the pages of the story makes it worse

Back