Is the game more fun with or without tt?

Charleyhorse

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I used to tt. In my past few towns I have refrained from it, but i'm considering it again.
What do you guys think? :lemon:

I think it depends on what makes the game fun for you. I used to tt a lot but caught up in it so much I would realize I was never actually playing the game. I'd get so focused on one thing and kept moving forward, whether it was to get villager in the campground, buy multiple items from one RV, a specific house exterior at Nooks, you name it. I finally realized I could handle multiple projects in one day if I stopped that habit and have had a much more enjoyable time playing. I do still tt from time to time, but not nearly as much!

i personally don't tt because i enjoy playing through each day and being excited for what will happen tomorrow, but i see the appeal of getting your town to the place you want it to be without spending an entire real life year doing it :)

For me personally ever since I started time traveling more I've liked playing the game more. I'm not always patient and like to do alot of things in the game in one day so waiting for the next day is just boring for me, I like to jump around with time travel and get multiple projects done or expand house rooms easily so I can start decorating them. Really it just depends on your personal preference, if you want to time travel and feel like you'll enjoy the game more doing so then go right on ahead!

Never TT'ed and never will lol. I like playing everyday (I've been playing everyday for two months in a row but I broke my streak last weak and now I play every other day sigh) and I like being excited for things that happen the next day, gives me something to look forward to

i sometimes TT for the purpose of moving villagers in/out but otherwise i play day-by-day!! it just means i don't have to wait so long for my dreamies, but i've completely wrecked parts of my old towns before through doing it too much omg
i'd recommend doing it occasionally when it's convenient, but not every day :eek:

Last edited:
I TT'd compulsively with my last town, because I had this image of the finished town I wanted to have. It was still fun, just kind of stressful, and really you end up not playing all aspects of the game (fishing, bug catching, island activities, and so on) if you get caught up in getting all the PWPs for instance, or all those villagers you want where you want them. I no longer really TT (I still TT within a day or two though, since I'm not always free to play every day), and it's just so much more enjoyable for me.

I have both not time traveled and time traveled in my towns. I've got to say, playing without time traveling is much more fun.

I prefer TTing because I get bored and frustrated when there is nothing new left to do that day. Sometimes I want to speed things up and get move-outs sooner or pwps done faster so I can accomplish more. Two of my towns are also set way back in spring since I dislike fall and winter in-game.

I'm personally not a fan of TT but I've done it a few times when I've had a villager that just doesn't want to move in the right spot.

I've prefer to play without tting in my main town. I do change the clock in my other towns to fix the time or date. I don't use it for unlocking shops or PWP. One town is set late feb to late September and than repeats. After a year of playing I don't see a problem with time travelling. With over 7 towns I don't want to play them all on the same date.

I don't think I have a preference as much as a necessity. Sometimes I am just too tired to play after work, especially now(I'm a mail carrier and we are up to our eyebrows in packages and that makes for long days). So I tend to back track and catch up on my days off when possible. Right now I'm a few days before the harvest festival but hopefully I'll get caught up soon. Does it count as tt if I change the time and not the day? I tend to do that a lot.

It used to be fun for me, but now not so much. I liked seeing the new selections for sale, having events or people in the plaza, new villagers, and the weather. Now, I don't play as much, but there's not really a reason to anymore. I've seen almost everything I can. I tried to go TT free on my second town, but it didn't last long.

I only tt when i know i'll go nuts if I don't..if tha makes sense.
Like if gracie finally shows up you better bet your bells i'll be tting to get all my fashion checks done in one go.
And I might skip ahead to the next day if I'm worried about where a new villager might plot (despite my extensive pattern laying)

I used to be more tt happy but it actually kind of killed the game for me, so much so that I ended up deleting that town and starting fresh because I had ruined so many things for myself. So as I appreciate tting being an option for the tougher stuff and ipatient days I learned my lesson in going overkill on it. I try to slow down and enjoy it much more casually now. I find it calming in a way to just take it day by day~

The only things I TT for are when a store is opening, or to find the perfect setting for a Dream Address. I'll do it a little here and there depending on what I feel like doing, but I think everyone has to find their own balance of what they like to do best.

I do it quite often, If I didn't time travel I wouldn't be here rn, because tting was what made the game enjoyable for me

Well....depends on how you TT. If it's to skip to the next day to do more in your next town, no. If it's because the shops closed or your favourite villager went to bed and you want to go back a little, then yeah I guess.

However it depends on how you want to play the game. If you really want to go natural and never time travel, then okay. If once in a while, that's fine too. Too much ruins the game, so don't go so many days ahead at once. (Unless you're doing some trick, like moving a villager out that requires TTing. You'd end up back at the original day anyway.)

I did it but I wouldn't recommend it. It also just depends on you but when I tt'd it was to unlock things, get certain things from villagers, getting villagers, plot resetting. It just sucked the fun out of the game and I don't play it anymore.

I have two towns, one where I TT, sometimes a lot, and the other one where I don't TT. It makes it more fun (for me) to TT around in one town when I'm "done for the day" with some things in the other town.

Back