• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is the game more fun with or without tt?

I think that it is more fun with TT. For example, at the start of the game when you pay off your first loan for building your house and finish your permit, I just can?t wait to go to the next day. There?s no point in doing anything else in the day after you?ve payed your house loan and finished your permit. You?d just be more tempted, excited, and curious to see your house the next day and get introduced to PWP?s and Ordinances. When you TT it?s like going through the game in one go, and to me seems pretty fun so you don?t have to wait another 12 hours and do nothing in your town. People consider time travelling as cheating, but hey look on the bright side, at least it?s not hacking.

Well more necessary than fun for me, I mean days are really slow and once you are done with that (unless there is some major event requiring some time from you) it's like, make sure no one moves out that should stay and such and then I move on.

Without, TTing kind of ruins the game for me :( I only sometimes TT when I place a PWP in the wrong spot and don’t want to have to wait until the next day to be able to place it again!

Last edited:
I don't TT very much. But I do TT. I don't TT into the future but I do use the trick of setting the time to 5:59am to force a new day to start. I use this a lot because I breed a lot of hybrids. I also do a lot of landscaping and it just becomes so tedious having to wait each day to take down a project and then put another up. For example, recently I've been landscaping outside my house. I had to take down 4 PWPs and put up 3 so if I'd waited for it is would have taken 8 days XD

i only time travel when i need to get something done, such as moving out a villager, placing pwps, etc. i think it's fun for when i have a lot i want to do, so then i can do it in one day and feel accomplished rather than wait to do something over the series of a week. though i always like to stay in current time and i don't time travel too much.

i only tt sometimes when i'm super impatient for something to happen but the longest i ever did was 2-3 days.... i dont see the point in travelling weeks or months at a time, and im afraid of accidentally making my favourite villagers move out :/

I like TTing, It makes things faster and good for trades. It's good for getting items, I do fish and all that still, I TT a lot.

I TT a lot because I only have so much time available to play the game, so I miss a lot. I tend to play in spurts, as I can go weeks or months without playing because I am too busy, and then when I have more time I will play daily. I would miss too much if I just went day by day because I am not able to play everyday.

It all comes down to personal preference. Personally, I can't find enjoyment in playing day-to-day because I want the game to be a fun hobby to pick up once in a while instead of a task with a schedule to which I'm beholden. There's also the issue that sometimes I'm just busy or would rather be doing something else with my time, in which case I can just time travel back to the time and date of the last time I played so no villagers move out. Much like jenikinz in the post above, I also play the game in spurts and can go weeks or months between sessions depending on my interest level.

Time travel is also beneficial if, like me, you are impatient about unlocking stores, store expansions, or Public Works Projects. I can understand why people enjoy playing day-to-day, but it just isn't for me and is too impractical for me at this point.

I prefer to tt because I can't play during certain times of day and I like to stay on the same day for a few weeks sometimes if I'm trying to get something done like landscaping without villagers moving in/ out.

It is more fun with tt. My work schedule is very random so I like to be able to tt if I miss fun events in AC.

Don't do It!! It will ruin your town and your overall experience. I'm saying this as I used to time travel and it's the biggest regret ever! I needed up restarting because I wanted a genuine town and it gets nothing quickly when you time travel. :)

Well I have to admit i TT every day i play AC:rolleyes: It just is a way which is enjoyable to me

I honestly think it depends on your game playing style whether you TT or not.

Now for me - working full time and not really being able to play when I want to - I end up on the weekends playing for hours straight and will TT to the following day. This way I do everything I need to do for that day and once the time is up I move to the next day so I can continue playing. I don't jump more than one day at a time though.

With my style of gameplay, with TT for sure. Landscaping and designing is my favourite part of the game so I like to be able to speed up time to get items or build/grow things. I only play normally when there?s nothing much for me to do. My first town now is complete, so I rarely TT when I play on it and only log on to do dailies. My second town is like 15% done so I can TT to my heart?s content.

The game is fun to me whether I time travel or not. I play my game how I like and have fun all the time. I don't stop to think about whether I am going to tt or not, I just play :)

I've timetravelled a couple of times in order to get villagers to move out but that's it. I do plan on tt'ing soon because I won't be able to play for a bit so I'll tt back to the day after I last played and slowly move forward so my town doesn't get all messed up

For me personally, time travel makes the game more fun. There's only so much you can do in one day and I don't like having to wait for the next day irl so I just tt around and play my fill. I think everyone should be able to play how they want really, it's their game they paid for so why shouldn't they be able to enjoy it?

Hmmm well I used to TT when I started because everything was too slow, I had nothing to do in town but once I had a few shops and the island I literally stopped.
I think TT is good if you can't wait or can't play the next day. It's really nice because you can spend like hours by using TT.
Buuuut in the other hand it may ruin the fun of waiting to the next day and have tons of surprises!

Back